Christopher Coleman #1

Christopher Coleman
  • Management
  • 877 posts
  • Device: Motorola RAZR MAXX & Nexus 7

Posted Jan 6 '14 @ 1:48 PM

gallery_6_65_946660.png
Switch between Android and Windows 8 in 4 seconds

The Transformer Book Duet sports your choice of an Intel i3, i5, or i7 processor with 4GB of RAM inside of a 13.3" tablet and detachable keyboard to create what ASUS calls a tablet / laptop hybrid (as opposed to a tablet with a keyboard dock.) The Transformer dual boots Windows 8 and Android, which may not seem like a big deal at first. We've seen this before, right? The answer is: sort of. The most recognizable iterations of devices like these have contained a virtualized instance of Android, which means that it runs on top of Windows (like an app) instead of alongside it. This allows the Android instance of the OS to take advantage of all the power  the system provides instead of having some resources occupied by Windows. ASUS also says that the device can switch between Windows and Android in 4 seconds, retaining your exact position in the OS when making the switch.

The 13.3" IPS display clocks in at a pretty standard 1920 x 1080 resolution. A 13.3" tablet sounds pretty big, but we think that most users will be carrying this around with the keyboard attached (like a laptop) so the extra screen size isn't much of a concern as it would be on a stand-alone tab. The tablet half of the device has your choice of 64 or 128GB in the form of an SSD, but the keyboard dock is rocking a 1TB drive along with a multitude of available ports and a microSD slot for even more storage. Below is the official spec sheet straight from ASUS. Check out some more images and the source links below to read more.

sml_gallery_6_65_946660.png  sml_gallery_6_65_884002.png  sml_gallery_6_65_93220.png
sml_gallery_6_65_555532.png sml_gallery_6_65_262589.png

Source: 1

C Sab #2

C Sab
  • Your alternative tech/photography guy from the North.
  • 990 posts
  • Device: Nexus 5, Nexus 10, Nikon D3100

Posted Jan 6 '14 @ 2:19 PM

I'd love to see Microsoft try their Scroogled campaign on this. I'm surprised they even approved this.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 4

Treknologist #3

Treknologist
  • 128 posts
  • Device: Nexus 5, Nexus 7, Transformer Pad TF701T

Posted Jan 7 '14 @ 4:06 AM

I don't think MS will even try it on this device!  LOL  I need to get a new 10" tablet so I'm looking to see what is announced at CES.  I keep hoping Google will release a new Nexus 10, though. 

I choose Android...it's only logical.  VulcanSalute_zps9ab5f775.gif

TreknologistBanner2_zps4447248b.png

C Sab #4

C Sab
  • Your alternative tech/photography guy from the North.
  • 990 posts
  • Device: Nexus 5, Nexus 10, Nikon D3100

Posted Jan 7 '14 @ 9:37 AM

Even if they don't the current Nexus 10 still holds up well.