Photo

Your "Nostalgia" Phone

Started by C Sab ,

• Sign In To Reply:  

C Sab #1

C Sab
  • Your alternative tech/photography guy from the North.
  • 990 posts
  • Device: Nexus 5, Nexus 10, Nikon D3100

Posted Jan 22 '14 @ 8:44 AM

Ok, so we all love our smartphones that we can use to call, text, surf the web, play games, throw out our GPS because it sent you to Mt. Doom and back when all you wanted was the nearest coffee shop. But forget all that for now (for those of you who are reading this on your phone that may be a bit more of a challenge) and think back to the phone that you just loved from way back when. The phone that would be a caveman's club compared to what you have now but when it pops back in your mind you can't help but smile and wish you had it still , just to keep.

For me, that's my Sony Ericsson W810i.

3318-1.jpg

I love this little bastard. The camera design was kind of crap (dust would get into it so easily) but that thing was indestructible, even back then Sony was king in terms of making your phone double as a music player (no-one else was anywhere near as good back then), and was overall a delight to use. Plus it looks smexy in black, as all phones do.

What about you guys?

Updated by C Sab, Jan 22 '14 @ 8:50 AM.

Cyber Warrior #2

Cyber Warrior
  • Robots Will Kill
  • 1500 posts
  • Device: GS4 N7

Posted Jan 22 '14 @ 10:16 AM

I'm trying to find the exact model, but it's been so long I can't seem to find it or just don't remember.. But I do remember it was my first LG phone.. Coming from Nokias and Ericksons, this phone was badass to me. I thought the flip out cover was so cool at the time lol,, there was nothing else like it. It was a great phone and really made me appreciate LG and recognize their brand name for the first time. It's also memorable to me because it was the first phone I ever dropped in the toilet :P

I don't remember/think this is the exact phone but it was very similar to this:
lg-km386-01.jpg
lg-km386-02.jpg
http://m.gsmarena.co..._km386-2439.php

I'm gonna keep looking to see if I can find the exact model.

tacsig513.png

: : C  H  A  N  N  E  L   Y  O  U  R    M  E  D  I  A : :

C Sab #3

C Sab
  • 990 posts

Posted Jan 22 '14 @ 11:04 AM

That's a cool looking phone.

Christopher Coleman #4

Christopher Coleman
  • Management
  • 877 posts
  • Device: Motorola RAZR MAXX & Nexus 7

Posted Jan 23 '14 @ 10:41 AM

Toss up between the E815 and the RAZR.

e8151.jpgmotorola-v3m-g.jpg

C Sab #5

C Sab
  • 990 posts

Posted Jan 24 '14 @ 8:27 AM

My sister had the RAZR. That was a popular phone.

Cyber Warrior #6

Cyber Warrior
  • Robots Will Kill
  • 1500 posts
  • Device: GS4 N7

Posted Jan 24 '14 @ 9:11 AM

I think everyone and their mother owned a Razr.. literally lol. When everyone was rocking Razrs, I was this guy people joked on... my friends called it my VCR :P It was probably the size of a Note but 10x the thickness.
75201.png
  • Ahowe125 likes this

tacsig513.png

: : C  H  A  N  N  E  L   Y  O  U  R    M  E  D  I  A : :

C Sab #7

C Sab
  • 990 posts

Posted Jan 24 '14 @ 11:23 AM

I think everyone and their mother owned a Razr.. literally lol. When everyone was rocking Razrs, I was this guy people joked on... my friends called it my VCR :P It was probably the size of a Note but 10x the thickness.
http://m.pocketnow.com/wp-content/upload...

I didn't own one. :P and that sounds cumbersome.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 4

Jerrod #8

Jerrod
  • 265 posts
  • Device: Nexus 5, Nexus 7 2012 tablet

Posted Jan 29 '14 @ 1:42 PM

I still have all of my phones, but none of them make me smile.

Ahowe125 #9

Ahowe125
  • Nerd of everything Tech
  • 260 posts
  • Device: VZW HTC One

Posted Jan 31 '14 @ 8:38 AM

I had to really think about this, but I'm pretty sure it would be my Nextel i95cl.

A-NEXTEL-i95cl_ALL-VIEWS.jpg
Way before I made my way to Verizon I started my cell phone life on Nextel. I had a Nokia candybar phone before my first Nextel on some carrier but I can't remember. I started with a basic i60 on my Grand Parents account, and then I got into modding phones and cases. I use to make all kinds of money in High School fixing everyone's broken Nextel phones and putting custom cases and LED light mods on them.

That's why I picked the i95cl because it was my first color screen phone that i loved and that I modded with all kinds of stuff. I eventually ended up getting a bunch of newer more advanced Nextel phones until I finally jumped on board the smart phone train.

This is also why the Droid X has a special place in my heart and I still have it. That was my first Android and is still an awesome phone (even with its lower specs)

Edit: Believe it or not, I still have all the stuff I use to mod those phones with, and a bunch of used/broken Nextel phones, lol.

u3ytyjyn.jpg

Updated by Ahowe125, Jan 31 '14 @ 8:43 AM.

| 32GB Verizon HTC One - S-Off, Unlocked and Rooted on NuSenseOne-Kitkat RC-1.4 |
| 16GB Nexus 7 (2013) - Unlocked and Rooted on Stock 4.4.2 |
| Jet Black Pebble Smart Watch (Red Slickwrap) - Official SDK 2.0.2 |

Malik Suleman #10

Malik Suleman
  • 137 posts

Posted Jan 5 '16 @ 9:37 AM

i just tried the one plus with start