Started by Cyber Warrior ,

• Sign In To Reply:  

Cyber Warrior #1

Cyber Warrior
  • Robots Will Kill
  • 1500 posts
  • Device: GS4 N7

Posted Feb 3 '14 @ 12:24 AM

With Mobile World Congress 2014 (MWC) right around the corner, Samsung Galaxy S5 rumors are making their way around the internet. MWC will be held this coming February 24th in Barcelona and with that comes the highly anticipated next iteration of the Galaxy smartphone line.. the S5. However, it's suggested by SamMobile that Samsung will skip this event and hold a separate conference in London for their flagship device during the middle of March with a possible release date by the end of April. Unlike the S4 upgrade, this next version is said to be a major overhaul in both the UI as well as the hardware.

Galaxy S5 concept

Here’s what a Samsung executive told Bloomberg earlier this month:
"When we moved to S4 from S3, it’s partly true that consumers couldn’t really feel much difference between the two products from the physical perspective, so the market reaction wasn’t as big.
For the S5, we will go back to the basics. Mostly, it’s about the display and the feel of the cover."

Rumors suggest we may see more than just the usual tweaks that Samsung does every year. It's believed the Galaxy S5 will come in two versions, one being a budget plastic body and the other being a premium metal design. Other speculation is there will be two versions.. but, both will be plastic bodied.

So here is what has been speculated so far:
The budget Galaxy S5 is expected to feature a 5.24 inch 1080p display while the premium version will utilize a 5.24 inch QHD display with a 2560 x 1440 resolution showcasing extremely sharp looking images and video. Advanced touch by company Synaptics will bring improved gesture recognition with the addition of a passive stylus. Samsung has developed its own fingerprint scanner for mobile devices using a swipe technology. The phone's entire display will act as a fingerprint scanner, allowing the user to use fingerprint related features by touching anywhere on the display.

A 32-bit Snapdragon 800 processor for the budget model with a Exynos 5 chip. The premium version would pack a Exynos 6 or a Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 chip, possibly with 64-bit support on board.. something Samsung has been working on and is expected to announce this year. Other rumors suggest the 64-bit processor will not be ready in time for the Galaxy S5 and its scheduled to debut in the upcoming Note 4.. something I happen to agree with which leaves both the budget and premium model utilizing the Exynos 5 chip all around.

PhoneArena thinks the device will have a fast-charging 2,900 lithium ion battery that is capable of holding 20% more charge than other batteries its size while other reports indicate a capacity of a 3200mAh. As for the camera we're looking at a 16MP sensor, something SamMobile agrees on due to a recent photo leak.
Screen%20Shot%202014-02-03%20at%2012.50.

Specs:

• 5.24-inch AMOLED display w/ 2560 x 1440 resolution (560 pixel per inch density)
  • 3GB of RAM
  • 32/64GB of memory
  • Exynos 6/Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 processor (two versions)
  • 16-megapixel camera and 3.2-megapixel front-facing camera
  • on-screen navigation bar 
  • 3200mAh battery

Galaxy S5 Magazine UI

New TouchWiz UI
The Galaxy S5 will ship running Android 4.4 KitKat software with some major changes to the TouchWiz UI based on leaked images by @evleaks. The magazine interface could be something Samsung is trying to incorporate onto their phones based off their new tablet line that debuted last year at CES.
New apps include - Samsung Life Times, which is made to seamlessly track one’s whereabouts, logging things such as call logs, messages, photos, as well as data you share across social networks like Facebook, Google+, Foursquare, Instagram and/or LinkedIn.. similar to Story Album but with more features.
A revamped S-Voice app which is cleaner and flatter looking.
And also leaked by @evleaks is a screenshot of an apk called 3D Tour Viewer.. but there's no indication yet of what this feature is or does.

However, the buzz on the interweb is that Google is pressuring Samsung to drop the Magazine UI in favor of a more stock Android approach by leveraging the company with Google Maps licensing... an app Samsung does not have of its own. So as rumor has it.. nothing is final as of yet.

The Samsung Galaxy NotePRO 12.2 with its Magazine UI below

Some more leaked images of what Samsung's UI could end up looking like
Samsung-TouchWiz-New-UI-686x380.jpg

Fingerprint scanner

Its also been suggested that Samsung is working on a new security feature to unlock the device.. the rumored eye scanner technology that stirred up last year is said to not be on the S5 due to the software not fully ready but that they are working on a finger print scanner instead.. which @evleaks has released screenshots of an apk alleged to belong to the S5.

Unlike the iPhones fingerprint scanner that uses its button, this technology would use the screen.

FCC Filing

And as always.. you can expect to see the popular Galaxy S5 on all major US carriers as well as all around the world. SamMobile has released a thorough list of device models we can expect to see:

SM-G9006V_CHN_CHN (China)
SM-G9008V_CHN_ZM (China)
SM-G9009D_CHN_CTC (China)
SM-G900A_NA_ATT (AT&T)
SM-G900D_JPN_DCM (Japan)
SM-G900F_EUR_XX (Open Europe)
SM-G900H_EUR_XX (Open Europe)
SM-G900I_SEA_XSA (Asia)
SM-G900J_JPN_KDI (Japan)
SM-G900K_KOR_KTC (Korea)
SM-G900L_KOR_LGC (Korea)
SM-G900M_LA_VF (Vodafone)
SM-G900P_NA_SPR (Sprint)
SM-G900R4_NA_USC (US Cellular)
SM-G900S_KOR_SKC (Korea)
SM-G900T_NA_TMB (T-Mobile)
SM-G900V_NA_VZW (Verizon)
SM-G900W8_NA_BMC (BMC)

Update 2/3
Redesigned S Health app shows more of TouchWiz's new flatter and clean UI
Screen-Shot-2014-02-03-at-18.00.54-640x561.jpg
Screen-Shot-2014-02-03-at-18.02.19-640x279.jpg

A look at the Life Times app thats logs your life
Samsung-TouchWiz-Galaxy-S5-Leak-2-453x6202aa.jpg

Update 2/5
More leaked images of the S-Voice app

svoice-S5-1.jpg

I'll be updating this thread as new leaks and info come out so Stay Tuned!

• Ahowe125 likes this

tacsig513.png

: : C  H  A  N  N  E  L   Y  O  U  R    M  E  D  I  A : :

C Sab #2

C Sab
  • Your alternative tech/photography guy from the North.
  • 990 posts
  • Device: Nexus 5, Nexus 10, Nikon D3100

Posted Feb 3 '14 @ 9:20 AM

Interesting....very interesting.

Cyber Warrior #3

Cyber Warrior
  • Robots Will Kill
  • 1500 posts

Posted Feb 5 '14 @ 8:32 AM

I'm not sure if I'm a fan of their new artsy pastel color palette. I guess I'll have to see the final product before drawing any conclusions but those teal colors are already bothering me. Its gonna be a tough decision between this and the HTC One 2.

tacsig513.png

C Sab #4

C Sab
  • 990 posts

Posted Feb 5 '14 @ 8:57 AM

Yeah, not much of a fan of the pastel colors either, but I wanna see how it performs first. If Samsung smartened up when it comes to optimization, I could look past the colors.

Cyber Warrior #5

Cyber Warrior
  • Robots Will Kill
  • 1500 posts

Posted Feb 5 '14 @ 3:32 PM

Yeah, not much of a fan of the pastel colors either, but I wanna see how it performs first. If Samsung smartened up when it comes to optimization, I could look past the colors.

Well it seems Samsung's UI is growing with the addition of all these new Samsung apps. I like the step they're going in focusing on the users everyday life. Also they may be adding fingerprint technology on top of all of this so lets hope that processor can handle such a heavy UI and Samsung has been working on optimizing things as well. The other downfall is their Knox security will once again be included and running better then ever so unlocked bootloaders seem to be out of the equation. Its great for business man and sets them apart from the other OEMs offering advanced security but for the hacker its a nightmare. I guess as long as I can have root and run Xposed framework like on the GS4 I'll be happy.

tacsig513.png

C Sab #6

C Sab
  • 990 posts

Posted Feb 6 '14 @ 7:49 AM

Well it seems Samsung's UI is growing with the addition of all these new Samsung apps. I like the step they're going in focusing on the users everyday life. Also they may be adding fingerprint technology on top of all of this so lets hope that processor can handle such a heavy UI and Samsung has been working on optimizing things as well. The other downfall is their Knox security will once again be included and running better then ever so unlocked bootloaders seem to be out of the equation. Its great for business man and sets them apart from the other OEMs offering advanced security but for the hacker its a nightmare. I guess as long as I can have root and run Xposed framework like on the GS4 I'll be happy.

It's definitely growing. I think with all the features they pack into it, TW can probably be considered the bigger UI out there.

Cyber Warrior #7

Cyber Warrior
  • Robots Will Kill
  • 1500 posts

Posted Feb 7 '14 @ 11:14 PM

I was surprised at how smooth the LG G2 was and that's a heavy UI powered by a Snapdragon 800. It'll be sad if Samsung somehow messes up this device with that processor and 3GB of RAM powering it along with KitKat.

tacsig513.png

C Sab #8

C Sab
  • 990 posts

Posted Feb 8 '14 @ 7:39 AM

Very sad. I mean that would take effort to screw up.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 4

Ahowe125 #9

Ahowe125
  • Nerd of everything Tech
  • 260 posts
  • Device: VZW HTC One

Posted Feb 8 '14 @ 11:26 AM

I have a few friends very interested in this phone, I'll have to share this information with them.  

| 32GB Verizon HTC One - S-Off, Unlocked and Rooted on NuSenseOne-Kitkat RC-1.4 |
| 16GB Nexus 7 (2013) - Unlocked and Rooted on Stock 4.4.2 |
| Jet Black Pebble Smart Watch (Red Slickwrap) - Official SDK 2.0.2 |

malik1994 #10

malik1994
  • 90 posts

Posted Nov 13 '15 @ 9:54 AM

wishing to buy but don't have enough money to buy that

tonyadam0706 #11

tonyadam0706
  • 14 posts

Posted Jan 25 '16 @ 12:29 AM

The introduction is really amazing, like every other products.

Anyone already bought it can give me some review?

vanessa110 #12

vanessa110
  • 10 posts
  • Device: Sam Sung

Posted Jan 26 '16 @ 5:57 PM

Have you compared the differences between S5 and S6? Are there any great innovations?

Zeeshan Khan #13

Zeeshan Khan
  • 40 posts

Posted Nov 6 '16 @ 9:18 PM

https://play.google....aner.rambooster

Zeeshan Khan #14

Zeeshan Khan
  • 40 posts

Posted Nov 6 '16 @ 9:18 PM

I have a few friends very interested in this phone, I'll have to share this information with them.  

Zeeshan Khan #15

Zeeshan Khan
  • 40 posts

Posted Nov 6 '16 @ 9:19 PM

Have you compared the differences between S5 and S6? Are there any great innovations?

Zeeshan Khan #16

Zeeshan Khan
  • 40 posts

Posted Nov 6 '16 @ 9:19 PM

Zeeshan Khan #17

Zeeshan Khan
  • 40 posts

Posted Nov 6 '16 @ 9:50 PM

Zeeshan Khan #18

Zeeshan Khan
  • 40 posts

Posted Nov 6 '16 @ 9:51 PM

Zeeshan Khan #19

Zeeshan Khan
  • 40 posts

Posted Nov 6 '16 @ 9:55 PM

Zeeshan Khan #20

Zeeshan Khan
  • 40 posts

Posted Nov 6 '16 @ 9:56 PM

Zeeshan Khan #21

Zeeshan Khan
  • 40 posts

Posted Nov 6 '16 @ 10:12 PM

Zeeshan Khan #22

Zeeshan Khan
  • 40 posts

Posted Nov 9 '16 @ 12:25 AM

https://play.google....ledbright.torch

With the most Luxury design and the fastest 
startup,it definitely out runs a real Super Led 
Torch & Flash light.It sound quite expensive, it's 
totally FREE! Get your own LEd flashlight now.
What‘s more, it is better than a free app that 
gives you a free bright light at night with the
brightest Super Led Torch & Flashlight and strobe
using just your Led camera flashlight? Light your
torch now! It may not be a free game,but it's one
of the best fre flashlight apps ever!

Super Led Torch & Flashlight - Guaranteed!

Turns ON all available lights on the device.

Camera Super Torch LED at Maximum.

Screen at Bright Maximum.

Keyboard Backlight at Maximum.

Soft Keys Backlight at Maximum.

Notification LED at Maximum.

Updated by Zeeshan Khan, Nov 9 '16 @ 12:26 AM.

Zeeshan Khan #23

Zeeshan Khan
  • 40 posts

Posted Nov 9 '16 @ 12:43 AM

Zeeshan Khan #24

Zeeshan Khan
  • 40 posts

Zeeshan Khan #25

Zeeshan Khan
  • 40 posts

topapps4u #26

topapps4u
  • Topapps4u
  • 28 posts

Posted Feb 19 '17 @ 10:04 PM

At last the wait is coming to over now for the fans of Samsung galaxy S8 who are eagerly waiting for the official launch date of Galaxy S8 because on Feb 27th launch date will be officially announced at the annual Mobile World Congress (MWC) in Barcelona. 

Billy Pro #27

Billy Pro
  • 11 posts

Posted Mar 8 '17 @ 5:31 AM

I did use a Samsung smartphone once and don't intent to buy another. It had relatively many problems :((