Started by Cyber Warrior ,

• Sign In To Reply:  

Cyber Warrior #1

Cyber Warrior
  • Robots Will Kill
  • 1500 posts
  • Device: GS4 N7

Posted Feb 4 '14 @ 9:58 PM

The sequel to the HTC One.. the M8, also known as the HTC One 2 looks as if it will debut towards the end of March according to the master of all leaks @evleaks. Skipping past Mobile World Congress with a launch to be held in NYC, this highly anticipated flagship appears to be a worthy successor to last years model.. the M7.

According to @evleaks the M8 has a strikingly similar outside appearance to the M7 but based on specs, the insides are a worthy upgrade bringing more power as well as changes to the HTC Sense user experience.

Most noticeable will be the missing capacitive buttons being replaced in favor of an on-screen navigation bar. Something users may love or hate based on personal preference. Last year, HTC's navigation panel featured just the home and back buttons with a missing dedicated menu button.. something fans were unhappy about. Google may have had a saying in the matter and influenced HTC to return back to a more unified Android experience.

m8k.png

Another notable mention on the spec sheet is the addition of an SD Card slot.. something last years HTC One lacked. The HTC One 2 is rumored to pack a larger screen display at 5 inches but is said to be smaller then the previous One indicating HTC has reduced the bezels and we could possibly see an edge to edge display similar to the LG G2. It will also feature the latest Snapdragon processor by Qualcomm. Other rumored features of the device are Full HD screen panel or a 2K screen display, ultrapixel rear camera and 2.1-MP front facing camera, 2 GB RAM, 2,900 mAh battery and Sense 6.0. The handset is also alleged to come in various colors (Red/Black/White).

Specs:

• 5-inch full HD 1080p display with Gorilla Glass 3
  • Qualcomm Snapdragon 805
  • 2GB LPDDR3
  • 6MP or 8MP “UltraPixel” camera with possible dual-lens
  • 2.1MP front facing camera
  • 2,900mAh battery
  • No capacitive buttons (software)
  • Android KitKat with HTC Sense 6.0
  • Micro-SIM
  • NFC
  • SD card slot

249 leaked apk's belonging to the HTC One 2:

*click image to enlarge

apk%20m8.jpg

UPDATE 2/5/14

HTC One Camera

HTC was the first manufacturer to use larger pixel camera sensors with the Ultrapixel camera in the HTC One, so it was widely expected the company would continue to use the technology in its new handset. This would give it fewer overall megapixels than competing smartphones, but the ability to capture more detail in low light.

HTC-ONE-2-CAMERA-LEAK.jpg

According to one leaked image, the HTC One 2 may ship with two rear camera sensors which would give it Lytro-like refocussing abilities. This would allow you to change the point of focus after you've taken a photo, allowing for more creative shots. Toshiba has a smartphone light field camera sensor which suggests this could be a possibility, but with no further details it stays a rumour for now.

The twin LED flash could also use different colored LEDs for more accurate low-light images, much like Apple's iPhone 5s, although they could simply provide brighter illumination when shooting in the dark.

I'll be updating this thread as more info becomes available so Stay Tuned!

tacsig513.png

: : C  H  A  N  N  E  L   Y  O  U  R    M  E  D  I  A : :

C Sab #2

C Sab
  • Your alternative tech/photography guy from the North.
  • 990 posts
  • Device: Nexus 5, Nexus 10, Nikon D3100

Posted Feb 5 '14 @ 6:26 AM

The SD slot is a surprising change to me. I thought everyone but Samsung and Sony had given up on those. 

Treknologist #3

Treknologist
  • 128 posts
  • Device: Nexus 5, Nexus 7, Transformer Pad TF701T

Posted Feb 5 '14 @ 7:49 AM

I'm surprised by the SD card slot as well.  Nice to see an HTC phone with on-screen buttons, though. 

I choose Android...it's only logical.  VulcanSalute_zps9ab5f775.gif

TreknologistBanner2_zps4447248b.png

Ahowe125 #4

Ahowe125
  • Nerd of everything Tech
  • 260 posts
  • Device: VZW HTC One

Posted Feb 5 '14 @ 8:29 AM

All of those specs are shaping up to be a nice looking phone. I may have to give it a good look once things are confirmed. I do like the black a lot as the silver isn't my favorite. Glad I didn't get rid of my class 10 UHS-1 32gb card, lol. 

But, having said all that.. "hack-ability" is going to be a deal breaker for me. I don't like Sense at all and will need some sort of Vanilla OS be it AOSP or GPe. 

| 32GB Verizon HTC One - S-Off, Unlocked and Rooted on NuSenseOne-Kitkat RC-1.4 |
| 16GB Nexus 7 (2013) - Unlocked and Rooted on Stock 4.4.2 |
| Jet Black Pebble Smart Watch (Red Slickwrap) - Official SDK 2.0.2 |

Cyber Warrior #5

Cyber Warrior
  • Robots Will Kill
  • 1500 posts

Posted Feb 5 '14 @ 8:36 AM

All of those specs are shaping up to be a nice looking phone. I may have to give it a good look once things are confirmed. I do like the black a lot as the silver isn't my favorite. Glad I didn't get rid of my class 10 UHS-1 32gb card, lol. 

But, having said all that.. "hack-ability" is going to be a deal breaker for me. I don't like Sense at all and will need some sort of Vanilla OS be it AOSP or GPe. 

Too bad us VZW guys have no access to the GPE devices.. hopefully they change that and open the doors to us. This phone would be badass ass a GPE. Are there current GPE ROMs available for the HTC One?

tacsig513.png

Ahowe125 #6

Ahowe125
  • Nerd of everything Tech
  • 260 posts
  • Device: VZW HTC One

Posted Feb 5 '14 @ 8:45 AM

Too bad us VZW guys have no access to the GPE devices.. hopefully they change that and open the doors to us. This phone would be badass ass a GPE. Are there current GPE ROMs available for the HTC One?

A true GPE would be sweet, especially if a new Android version gets pushed, since the GPE phones had 4.4 before even the Nexus 4. lol

No, the current Verizon HTC One (m7) does not have "official" GPE support, but because it was hacked and S-Off/unlocked bootloader was obtained we are able to flash GPE Ports of 4.4.2 that are mirror images of the GSM phones. There are a few devs that have very stable ports (like the one in my signature). 

Updated by Ahowe125, Feb 5 '14 @ 8:47 AM.

| 32GB Verizon HTC One - S-Off, Unlocked and Rooted on NuSenseOne-Kitkat RC-1.4 |
| 16GB Nexus 7 (2013) - Unlocked and Rooted on Stock 4.4.2 |
| Jet Black Pebble Smart Watch (Red Slickwrap) - Official SDK 2.0.2 |

Cyber Warrior #7

Cyber Warrior
  • Robots Will Kill
  • 1500 posts

Posted Feb 5 '14 @ 8:48 AM

A true GPE would be sweet, especially if a new Android version gets pushed, since the GPE phones had 4.4 before even the Nexus 4. lol

No, the current Verizon HTC One (m7) does not have "official" GPE support, but because it was hacked and S-Off/unlocked bootloader was obtained we are able to flash GPE Ports of 4.4.2 that are mirror images of the GSM phones. There is a few devs that have very stable ports (like the one in my signature). 

Cool thanks.. I'll have to keep that in mind when deciding between this and the S5.. the S5 looks great but I'm not sure if I like the whole new look plus I never use any of the Samsung apps or features. 

tacsig513.png

C Sab #8

C Sab
  • Your alternative tech/photography guy from the North.
  • 990 posts
  • Device: Nexus 5, Nexus 10, Nikon D3100

Posted Feb 5 '14 @ 8:56 AM

I wanna see if Samsung stepped it up with the S5 compared to the S4 like they did with the S3 compared to the S2.