Photo

LG's G Pro 2 official announcement coming Feb. 13th? Here's what we know so far.

Started by Christopher Coleman ,

• Sign In To Reply:  

Christopher Coleman #1

Christopher Coleman
  • Management
  • 877 posts
  • Device: Motorola RAZR MAXX & Nexus 7

Posted Feb 7 '14 @ 10:12 AM

What you're looking at is an invitation to an LG press event on February the 13th in Korea, where the company is expected to officially unveil the LG G Pro 2. On January 23rd, etnews reported on some of the key details of the G Pro 2, and here's what we know so far.

The G Pro 2 will be equipped with a 5.9-inch Full HD IPS display, a Snapdragon 800 CPU, 3GB of RAM, and will be running Android 4.4 KitKat. It is said that the device will pack some of the best speakers that we've seen on a phone, coming with increased thickness and a 1W power output. The phone's size is said to be of a manageable one, sporting some very small bezels at 0.4mm on each side, covering 77% of the device's face with pure IPS goodness. LG says the device will also feature optical image stabilization to help remedy those shaky hands when taking a photo, and will record video in 4K resolution.

Beyond the odd naming conventions, I usually look forward to what LG has to offer. Are you interested in the G Pro 2?

C Sab #2

C Sab
  • Your alternative tech/photography guy from the North.
  • 990 posts
  • Device: Nexus 5, Nexus 10, Nikon D3100

Posted Feb 7 '14 @ 10:23 AM

I think I just heard the collected typing of every HTC One fan on the planet raging on their blogs that this phone's speakers won't be nearly as good as the One's. 

Seriously though, after the G2 I'm much more interested in LG's devices now so this should be cool to see. Also, seems more people are starting to get into the 4k video recording that Samsung started with the Note 3.

Ahowe125 #3

Ahowe125
  • Nerd of everything Tech
  • 260 posts
  • Device: VZW HTC One

Posted Feb 7 '14 @ 11:57 AM

I think I just heard the collected typing of every HTC One fan on the planet raging on their blogs that this phone's speakers won't be nearly as good as the One's. 

THAT IS SO TRUE!!! OMG HTC ONE FTW!!!

Ok, just kidding. But your right, us HTC One users sure are obsessed over the speakers. I wonder what they plan on packing in there to make it the "best speakers"?

| 32GB Verizon HTC One - S-Off, Unlocked and Rooted on NuSenseOne-Kitkat RC-1.4 |
| 16GB Nexus 7 (2013) - Unlocked and Rooted on Stock 4.4.2 |
| Jet Black Pebble Smart Watch (Red Slickwrap) - Official SDK 2.0.2 |

C Sab #4

C Sab
  • Your alternative tech/photography guy from the North.
  • 990 posts
  • Device: Nexus 5, Nexus 10, Nikon D3100

Posted Feb 7 '14 @ 12:36 PM

THAT IS SO TRUE!!! OMG HTC ONE FTW!!!

Ok, just kidding. But your right, us HTC One users sure are obsessed over the speakers. I wonder what they plan on packing in there to make it the "best speakers"?
Maybe they formed a partnership with Bose. Lol

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 4