Photo

The All New HTC One pictured in gold right here!

Started by Christopher Coleman ,

• Sign In To Reply:  

Christopher Coleman #1

Christopher Coleman
  • Management
  • 877 posts
  • Device: Motorola RAZR MAXX & Nexus 7

Posted Feb 19 '14 @ 7:16 AM

@evleaks satisfies our never-ending search for info on the latest and greatest once again. Below, you're looking at the HTC M8, which will reportedly be called The All New HTC One and will be offered in grey, silver, and gold colors.
Let's hear what you think!

Ahowe125 #2

Ahowe125
  • Nerd of everything Tech
  • 260 posts
  • Device: VZW HTC One

Posted Feb 19 '14 @ 7:55 AM

I was hoping for a glossy black, but maybe that gray will be dark. I never have been a huge fan of the Silver.

Now that I have been playing around with a sense 5.5 ROM, It's not as bad as I thought. I may end up giving this phone a look as a replacement for mine.

Sent from my Verizon GPE HTC One via Tapatalk
| 32GB Verizon HTC One - S-Off, Unlocked and Rooted on NuSenseOne-Kitkat RC-1.4 |
| 16GB Nexus 7 (2013) - Unlocked and Rooted on Stock 4.4.2 |
| Jet Black Pebble Smart Watch (Red Slickwrap) - Official SDK 2.0.2 |

C Sab #3

C Sab
  • Your alternative tech/photography guy from the North.
  • 990 posts
  • Device: Nexus 5, Nexus 10, Nikon D3100

Posted Feb 19 '14 @ 8:13 AM

Dat black bar though. 

Ahowe125 #4

Ahowe125
  • 260 posts

Posted Feb 19 '14 @ 9:16 AM

Dat black bar though. 

Talking about the bar where the HTC Logo is? I really wonder why they didn't get rid of it all together considering they are now using on screen buttons instead of the HTC One setup. It would have made for a sweet looking phone with only use-able screen between the speakers. I already don't think I care for that look of on screen buttons. 

| 32GB Verizon HTC One - S-Off, Unlocked and Rooted on NuSenseOne-Kitkat RC-1.4 |

Christopher Coleman #5

Christopher Coleman
  • Management
  • 877 posts
  • Device: Motorola RAZR MAXX & Nexus 7

Posted Feb 19 '14 @ 9:28 AM

Dat black bar though.

Talking about the bar where the HTC Logo is? I really wonder why they didn't get rid of it all together considering they are now using on screen buttons instead of the HTC One setup. It would have made for a sweet looking phone with only use-able screen between the speakers. I already don't think I care for that look of on screen buttons.

I don't like the way it looks. I can definitely recognize that I should hold it in hand before making a judgement though. I do feel like that if that black bar wasn't there and the screen was simply extended, it would have made the device feel very tall, and it looks like it might be a smudge too much already for my hands. We'll see.
  • Ahowe125 likes this

Ahowe125 #6

Ahowe125
  • 260 posts

Posted Feb 19 '14 @ 9:31 AM

Dat black bar though.

I don't like the way it looks. I can definitely recognize that I should hold it in hand before making a judgement though. I do feel like that if that black bar wasn't there and the screen was simply extended, it would have made the device feel very tall, and it looks like it might be a smudge too much already for my hands. We'll see.

I agree. I'll be checking it out in person once it hits shelves. I do think they could have made the phone slightly shorter by eliminating that black bar. I think the current HTC One is just a tiny bit tall, and that would have packed the same size screen (which i think 4.7 is perfect) into a slightly smaller phone. 

Who knows... lol

C Sab #7

C Sab
  • Your alternative tech/photography guy from the North.
  • 990 posts
  • Device: Nexus 5, Nexus 10, Nikon D3100

Posted Feb 19 '14 @ 10:21 AM

Dat black bar though.

It definitely looks like HTC went a bit Apple when it comes to the screen.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 4

Cyber Warrior #8

Cyber Warrior
  • Robots Will Kill
  • 1500 posts
  • Device: GS4 N7

Posted Feb 19 '14 @ 3:32 PM

That black bar makes no sense whatsoever.. although without it where would HTC put their branding with those boom speakers in the way.

tacsig513.png

: : C  H  A  N  N  E  L   Y  O  U  R    M  E  D  I  A : :