Android Wear

Started by Treknologist ,

• Sign In To Reply:  

Treknologist #1

Treknologist
  • 128 posts
  • Device: Nexus 5, Nexus 7, Transformer Pad TF701T

Posted Mar 18 '14 @ 2:09 PM

So, Google has finally announced their smartwatch technology and their parteners.  Motorola and LG have the first watches and I have to say I really like Moto's design with the 360.

Up until now I had little to no interest on a smartwatch but now I'm interested with these new designs and the functionality they appear to have using Google Now. Anyone interested in these now?

I choose Android...it's only logical.  VulcanSalute_zps9ab5f775.gif

TreknologistBanner2_zps4447248b.png

Cyber Warrior #2

Cyber Warrior
  • Robots Will Kill
  • 1500 posts
  • Device: GS4 N7

Posted Mar 18 '14 @ 3:10 PM

I'm extremely interested in this, the Samsung Gear Fit caught my eye, but I like this Moto watch because it resembles more of an actual watch with the roundness and the linked band. It also appears to have nicer graphics unlike the Pebble and its 8 bit choppy pixel display. Whether I need a wearable watch is another story though lol.. but the geek in me wants one. I own regular expensive brand name watches, more for looks then actually telling the time.. so having a good looking wearable watch would be no different, if anything it would actually be useful. The Moto 360 doesn't compare to a nice analog watch in terms of style/looks.. but it's pretty close, best I've seen so far.

tacsig513.png

: : C  H  A  N  N  E  L   Y  O  U  R    M  E  D  I  A : :

Cyber Warrior #3

Cyber Warrior
  • Robots Will Kill
  • 1500 posts
  • Device: GS4 N7

Posted Mar 18 '14 @ 3:14 PM

Here it is with the metal band..

Attached Images

• Screenshot_2014-03-18-13-14-49~2.jpg

tacsig513.png

: : C  H  A  N  N  E  L   Y  O  U  R    M  E  D  I  A : :

Treknologist #4

Treknologist
  • 128 posts
  • Device: Nexus 5, Nexus 7, Transformer Pad TF701T

Posted Mar 18 '14 @ 3:49 PM

It's that look of an analog clock and the circular shapes the nails it for me.  It's a smartwatch that doesn't look like some geeky piece of technology.  :)

I choose Android...it's only logical.  VulcanSalute_zps9ab5f775.gif

TreknologistBanner2_zps4447248b.png

C Sab #5

C Sab
  • Your alternative tech/photography guy from the North.
  • 990 posts
  • Device: Nexus 5, Nexus 10, Nikon D3100

Posted Mar 19 '14 @ 8:05 AM

Honestly I can't stand the Pebble's screen. That's my one issue with it. This Moto watch might fit the bill though. Or the the LG one maybe.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 4

Ahowe125 #6

Ahowe125
  • Nerd of everything Tech
  • 260 posts
  • Device: VZW HTC One

Posted Mar 19 '14 @ 10:15 AM

Wow, that Moto 360 is a very sexy watch. Being a Pebble owner I can appreciate the nerd factor of it and I'll give it a solid look. I wasn't sure when I got my Pebble how much I would use it but now I can't live without it. Music controls, weather, text/email its all right on my wrist. 

Its worth noting that I actually like the simplicity of the Pebble screen. It gets the job done and is great on battery life. I have not used another watch with a more sophisticated screen but I would still want it to be discrete. I think the Samsung watches looked much to flashy and bright. 

| 32GB Verizon HTC One - S-Off, Unlocked and Rooted on NuSenseOne-Kitkat RC-1.4 |
| 16GB Nexus 7 (2013) - Unlocked and Rooted on Stock 4.4.2 |
| Jet Black Pebble Smart Watch (Red Slickwrap) - Official SDK 2.0.2 |

Jerrod #7

Jerrod
  • 265 posts
  • Device: Nexus 5, Nexus 7 2012 tablet

Posted Mar 27 '14 @ 5:42 PM

I like the look of the Moto watch and will certainly consider it.  Late last year I began wearing my analog watch from about 10 years ago.  It still works, but is battery but the jeweler says it is a very good watch...should be because I paid about $800 for it at the time, but this Moto watch has my eye.  Now I wonder if the times can be configured?  I mean I don't care what time it is in Tokyo - not yet,  give me Paris and I am ready.

Seriously I can see me keeping my phone in my coat or pants pocket and glancing at the watch for up to date needed info.  I am wondering how this will work on my biking trips.  I usually keep my phone in a carrier that straps onto the bike and I use it to record my route using GPS, so I am hoping this might work and can be displayed on the phone as I go along.

Brucey #8

Brucey
  • 16 posts

Posted Oct 7 '15 @ 11:12 PM

I like the appearance of the Moto watch and will certainly buy it. 

Magento 2 themes and Magento product widget is the next generation of E-commerce website.

Updated by Brucey, Jan 25 '16 @ 11:07 PM.

malik1994 #9

malik1994
  • 90 posts

Posted Nov 9 '15 @ 10:24 PM

glaxcy watches are my fav

vanessa110 #10

vanessa110
  • 10 posts
  • Device: Sam Sung

Posted Jan 19 '16 @ 5:10 PM

I like the cute thing which is pink ;)

tonyadam0706 #11