Cyber Warrior #1

Cyber Warrior
  • Robots Will Kill
  • 1500 posts
  • Device: GS4 N7

Posted May 3 '13 @ 6:45 PM

ps4l.jpg

PlayStation Meets Android
Sony will be debuting the new PlayStation 4 sometime in November of this year, amongst the slew of new features that have been announced, includes the ability to control the PS4 using Android smartphones or tablets. The new PlayStation App will let you turn your smartphone or tablet into a second screen – for example, to let you view a map or see how a friend is tackling the same part of a game. Also through the PlayStation mobile app, PlayStation Network users will be able to login, speak with PS4 friends, buy PlayStation 4 games, and remotely have their systems begin downloading at home.

The PlayStation 4 console will be powered by chips that would make any top-of-the-line PC user drool: A "supercharged" x86 processor, a PC-style graphics processor, and eight gigabytes of RAM. With these guts serving as the PS4's central brain, the console is capable of pushing some truly stunning graphics.

And if that's not impressive enough, here's the breakdown of what else you can expect to see:

PLAYSTATION 4
  • PS4 promises games that can be experienced whenever, wherever and however you want, thanks to a system specially built to cater to the needs of the best developers in the world.
  • You'll be able to play digital titles as they download from PlayStation Store, and update PS4 even when it is switched off.
  • Immediately pick up any saved game where you left off – the "suspend mode" of PS4 gets rid of loading times and lets you carry on by simply pressing the power button.
  • Gaikai technology will let you instantly try out sections of any game that catches your eye on PlayStation Store.
  • Check out what your friends are up to and see the games, TV shows, movies and music recommended especially for you on the newly designed PS4 menu screen.
  • Broadcast as you play via Ustream. If you get stuck, your buddies can join in to help you or offer comments in real time.
  • You can use a variety of applications, such as a web browser, while you play a game.
  • Your favourite PS4 games will be playable on PlayStation Vita via Wi-Fi with Remote Play. The screens are mirrored on both systems at the same time.
  • The PS4 will also apparently allow you to spectate your online friends playing a game even if you don't own the game being played - which sounds similar to spectator features in cloud gaming service OnLive, which lets you watch live gameplay streams of other players.
  • With the new integration of social gaming, it’s possible you might see what choices your friends who’ve already played the game have made.
  • The interface is meant to give players a glance of information without having to load a game. You’ll be able to see what new add-ons are out, what friends are saying about said game, etc..
  • Every PlayStation Network user on PlayStation 4 will have two identities: their real name and picture, and their PlayStation Network ID and avatar. The player can toggle whether others see their real name. If imported through Facebook, your real name will automatically show. But that, too, can be modified.
ps4cont.jpg
DUALSHOCK 4
  • A new, built-in sensor will enable highly sensitive motion control.
  • You'll be able to interact with games in new ways thanks to a touch pad on the front of the controller. The touchpad will have a resolution of 1920×900, and will click when pushed down
  • Additional sound effects will come from an inbuilt speaker; a headset jack lets you hear these in detail as well as chat with friends.
  • The controller's familiar dual analog sticks will be going back to digital and have been enhanced to provide better precision.
  • New, curved L2 and R2 buttons will give you greater control.
  • Upload images and video to Facebook with a tap of the new SHARE button.
  • An LED Light Bar on the top of the controller will match the colour of in-game characters so players can keep track of each other. You'll also be able to spot when a character has been injured, for instance.
  • Unlike the DualShock 3 and PlayStation 3, you’ll be able to charge the PlayStation 4 controller when the system is not turned on.
  • A new camera has been developed alongside the controller, and tracks the location of DUALSHOCK 4 via its LED Light Bar.
PS4 EYE
  • The PS4 Eye Camera enhances the user experience with high-sensitivity dual color cameras at 1280×800 resolution, 12 bits per pixel, and 60Hz.
  • A dedicated port for the camera, which is an exclusive Sony-developed connector.
  • Suggested uses for the camera include walkthrough videos, killcam taunting, system login, and speech recognition. Or, the camera can see each player’s controller, and move split-screens according to each person’s location in the room.
THE GAMES
  • Killzone Shadow Fall: You play as an elite Shadow Marshal charged with keeping tensions between the Helghast and Vektans from boiling over.
  • inFAMOUS: Second Son: Seattle is the setting and Delsin Rowe is the new hero with the ability to manipulate smoke.
  • DriveClub: Social connectivity, cutting-edge graphics and the world's greatest supercars feature in the latest title from Evolution Studios.
  • Knack: Turn into a gigantic fighting machine thanks to the power of ancient relics in this vibrant new adventure.
  • Watch_Dogs: Learn what it is to have complete control over a hyper-connected city.
  • The Witness: The latest puzzle game from Jonathan Blow, creator of Braid.
  • Destiny: A brand new first person shooter from Bungie Studios.
  • Other titles being readied include Capcom's Deep Down and Diablo III from Blizzard.
Kotaku sources say there will be two versions of the PS4... $429 and $529. It's unknown what the difference is between the two as for now.
  • Cory Streater, dmmarck and mclarryjr like this

tacsig513.png

: : C  H  A  N  N  E  L   Y  O  U  R    M  E  D  I  A : :

Elvis_Marmaduke #2

Elvis_Marmaduke
  • 3 posts

Posted May 19 '13 @ 8:39 PM

Hoping to hear some MGS and Uncharted stuff :-) Looks great though, I plan to get one for sure.

creccaj #3

creccaj
  • Wait, wut?
  • 421 posts
  • Device: Hammerhead | Flo

Posted May 20 '13 @ 6:35 AM

I use to be a long time xbox gamer but recently I have moved more towards playing mulitplayer games on my PC, I am much better with a mouse and keyboard combo, and console games are mainly for single player experiences.  For that, PS4 is probably going to be my next console.  I loved the Uncharted series and looking forward to The Last of Us.  

• inkdaddy66 likes this

tacsig513.png

Nexus 5 - Stock w/ Franco Test 8 | Nexus 7 2013 - PA 3.99 | Mako (Retired) - Purity ROM

Moderator - Accountant - Android Enthusiast

inkdaddy66 #4

inkdaddy66
  • the guy on the couch
  • 13 posts
  • Device: note 2

Posted May 20 '13 @ 1:17 PM

I use to be a long time xbox gamer but recently I have moved more towards playing mulitplayer games on my PC, I am much better with a mouse and keyboard combo, and console games are mainly for single player experiences. For that, PS4 is probably going to be my next console. I loved the Uncharted series and looking forward to The Last of Us.

I'm a lot better with the mouse and keyboard too. Especially with the online shooters. Black ops2 and battlefield 3

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

dmmarck #5

dmmarck
  • Ombudsman of Mountain View
  • 1381 posts
  • Device: NEXII

Posted Jun 17 '13 @ 8:40 PM

Can't wait. Killzone...

Sent from my HTC One

tacsig513.png

UNLEASH THE BEAST: General Nexus 5 Hackery

LG NEXUS 5 - Black 16GB, Android 4.4 KitKat, Unlocked, Rooted, franco.Kernel