Nexus Nexus 4 Nexus 5 Google LG Google I/O

• Sign In To Reply:  

creccaj #1

creccaj
  • Wait, wut?
  • 421 posts
  • Device: Hammerhead | Flo

Posted May 13 '13 @ 8:44 AM

I recently saw an interesting article that was arguing the need for a new Nexus at this years Google I/O.  It got me thinking that Google might not need to come out with a brand new Nexus, just do some slight upgrades on the current one.  There is no denying that the current Nexus is top tier device, especially when you consider the development that comes along with a Nexus.  LG has made an amazing looking and from what I am told amazing feeling devices.  I personally love glass on phones, I know its prone to damage, but it looks so damn nice.

So here is my question to you... would you be okay with Google releasing a Nexus "4S" that would include LTE radios, slightly upgraded hardware and possibly a CDMA version (even though I firmly believe Verizon will never see another Nexus) and a bigger battery.  Yes that sounds like a totally new phone when it comes down to it, but if LG keeps the same looks, just beefing up the internals I believe that I would be a phone that would easily top almost every device out there.  Hell, I would be perfectly happy with a Nexus 4 that had LTE and bigger battery.  We all know LTE eats battery quicker than GSM or HSPA+ so the addition of LTE would need a bigger battery.  

So what do you think?  Smart to do, following the "Apple line of progression" even if its just for this model?  Lets hear what would you like to see.  

tacsig513.png

Nexus 5 - Stock w/ Franco Test 8 | Nexus 7 2013 - PA 3.99 | Mako (Retired) - Purity ROM

Moderator - Accountant - Android Enthusiast

Jessesmith888 #2

Jessesmith888
  • 98 posts

Posted May 19 '13 @ 3:50 PM

Lte and battery are all that's missing.

That being said, I think the current model is fine! There is no need to change unless the software requires different hardware.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

• dmmarck likes this

creccaj #3

creccaj
  • Wait, wut?
  • 421 posts

Posted May 19 '13 @ 4:33 PM

Lte and battery are all that's missing.

That being said, I think the current model is fine! There is no need to change unless the software requires different hardware.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

I agree 100%.  The Nexus 4 would be a close to perfect phone if it had a better battery and LTE.  With those additions, I would be an amazing device.  

• Cory Streater likes this

tacsig513.png

Nexus 5 - Stock w/ Franco Test 8 | Nexus 7 2013 - PA 3.99 | Mako (Retired) - Purity ROM

Jerrod #4

Jerrod
  • 265 posts
  • Device: Nexus 5, Nexus 7 2012 tablet

Posted May 21 '13 @ 2:24 PM

I have a Verizon Galaxy Nexus. So now it's after Google I/O and I heard about Google Play services, so  I honestly think that if Google is able to bring us updates through updating the Play Services, and developers using the latest  SDK with the services, then what's the need for a new phone - at least this year.  So I agree with the previous posters:  New phone when new hardware is REQUIRED, or DESIRED.

My Nexus 7 runs very well with the latest version and my Gnex performs well, so just send me the updated software and I'll be fine for a while.   If  the next version receives an updated UI,  i can still take advantage of this by simply updating the Launcher application already on the devices.

But then Corey Streater already has a Nexus 5 so ??? maybe  I'am just  confused.

Off topic:  Creccaj - I live in the peoples republic of Philadelphia..although I am not sure it is actually the peoples  or if it is even a republic.  I don't know what it is but it's kinda fun.  :)

• Cory Streater likes this

Cory Streater #5

Cory Streater
  • Your Wish Is My Command
  • 1533 posts
  • Device: Samsung S6 Edge

Posted May 21 '13 @ 11:18 PM

I've thought about this a lot. I would definitely upgrade to an LTE enabled Nexus 4, and if they slapped an HTC ONE screen on there, I'd be in seventh heaven. After having had the Nexus 4, I just can't see going back to plastic again. Everything just feels really cheap in comparison.

@Jerrod, I forgot to change it to what I really have.

creccaj #6

creccaj
  • Wait, wut?
  • 421 posts

Posted May 24 '13 @ 11:41 AM

I agree Cory, I can't go back to a Samsung device if they continue to use plastic.  The all aluminum body of the One is just to nice compared to the S4.  

tacsig513.png