• Sign In To Reply:  

Cyber Warrior #1

Cyber Warrior
  • Robots Will Kill
  • 1500 posts
  • Device: GS4 N7

Posted May 13 '13 @ 9:17 AM

io13.png

Google I/O 2013 this year will be held at the Moscone Center West in San Francisco on Wednesday, May 15 and ends on Friday, May 17

Whats New and What was Revealed:

• Samsung Galaxy S4 running stock Android 4.2 available June 26th on the Play Store for $649. The unlocked Galaxy S4 is compatible with AT&T and T-Mobile networks. Currently, a subsidized, standard Galaxy S4 through a carrier is retailing for $199.
  • Google unveils music subscription, titled 'Google Play All Access'. All Access is available for a monthly fee of $9.99, but signing up for a 30-day trial by the end of June will lower the price to $7.99 per month. The service is sort of like a combination of Spotify and Pandora, allowing users to listen to a queue of recommended songs, or rearrange the order of that list to their liking.
  • Google announced 900 million Android activations worldwide to date. And on a related note, Android users have downloaded over 48 billion apps from Google Play.
  • Vice-president of Android product management Hugo Barra confirmed that Google is preparing a centralized gaming hub, entitled 'Google Play Games'...  with features including achievements, cloud saves, and synchronous multiplayer.
  • Android Studio and easier Google+ Sign-ins- Android Studio is a new work layout for developers with a lot of its focus being placed on location services, which will give developers the ability to place more GPS-sensitive zones with a map. The new "recognition" API can actually tell the app if the Android user is driving, walking, or biking... the tech could be used for fitness apps, or to even simplify navigation services. And when you're switching between apps or platforms, streamlined Google+ logins are meant to cut down on time wasted signing-in over and over.
  • Google+ adds Photo Filters, Unified Hangouts- the filtering update pretty much mirrors the options that are available on every other upload service already out there like 'Instagram' but a new "motion" option which automatically creates animated images sounds interesting. The new Hangout app replaces your current GTalk app and works like a running chat room across Android and iOS devices. 
  • Google Now gets Voice Reminders, Google Maps receives overhaul- on your mobile device, Maps received a major overhaul not just to the visual side but with the addition of new features as well, like integrated offers when searching businesses. On the desktop side of things, Google Maps has merged Google Earth into an impressive new browser experience. The left-hand sidebar has gone away, moving to a more organic map reliant upon social recommendations and specific search variables. Clicking on a museum creates a map of museums, clicking on restaurant shows similar recommendations, and so forth. And with Google Earth integrated, you can literally fly from outer space right into the interior of a building. Check out the amazing preview!

Source IGN

Google I/O 2013: Keynote

• lpt2569 likes this

tacsig513.png

: : C  H  A  N  N  E  L   Y  O  U  R    M  E  D  I  A : :

lpt2569 #2

lpt2569
  • 185 posts
  • Device: GNote2 & N7 Flo

Posted May 21 '13 @ 10:02 AM

Voice reminders and unified Hangouts stuff have been awesome for me...love it.  Looking forward to the new Maps, the demo looked pretty amazing.