Nexus 4 Nexus Google White Nexus 4 Google I/O

• Sign In To Reply:  

creccaj #1

creccaj
  • Wait, wut?
  • 421 posts
  • Device: Hammerhead | Flo

Posted May 14 '13 @ 11:37 AM

We are seeing a lot of different reports about the white Nexus 4 making its glorious appearance again.  Could this be something that Google is going to surprise us with at Google I/O?  Could it just be a prop to get more people to watch?  Could it just be a special edition that we will never see?  All are viable options with one not being more right or wrong than the next.  But just look at the gorgeous white Nexus 4:

googlenexus4white01-1359530441.jpg

Something about the White on glass makes the phone look that much better.  Plus with white, scratches stand out less and it will be harder to see imperfections.  The downside to this is you might see it get dirty quicker.  Other than that, its going to be hard to argue that this isn't a pretty phone.  The black version is a good looking phone don't get me wrong, but something about the white stands out more, at least for me.

Would this be enough to tempt you to buy a Nexus 4?  Sitting here looking at my HTC One, maybe but probably not.  What I will say is this... if Google releases a Nexus 4S which I questioned in another thread, in this white with slightly upgraded internals and 4G LTE.  I am sold and I will be pre-ordering as soon as the doors open.  

What do you think?  

tacsig513.png

Nexus 5 - Stock w/ Franco Test 8 | Nexus 7 2013 - PA 3.99 | Mako (Retired) - Purity ROM

Moderator - Accountant - Android Enthusiast

Cory Streater #2

Cory Streater
  • Your Wish Is My Command
  • 1533 posts
  • Device: Samsung S6 Edge

Posted May 19 '13 @ 1:07 PM

I'm about to say 9 different things lol....

Personally, I used to hate white phones. However, the S3 in white eventually grew on me. I would definitely buy another white phone again.

Solid black phones are starting to look a little archaiac to me.

However, I saw an HTC One in white and another in black, and had I bought one it would have been the black version. I like the slight contrast between the side (seemed more grayish) and the rest of the phone.

That said, you asked about the Nexus 4 specifically. I think an all white version would be totally hot, and I do hope they offer that as an option for the Nexus 5.

I guess it boils down to what I see in person. The pictures I see online, and in reviews tell a completely different storry than what I see in person.

Cyber Warrior #3

Cyber Warrior
  • Robots Will Kill
  • 1500 posts
  • Device: GS4 N7

Posted May 19 '13 @ 1:57 PM

While I still like my white GS3, I think I'm ready for a black phone again.. or better yet I really like the grey of the HTC One. I haven't seen the white Nexus 4 in person so i can't really give a solid judgement but from all the pictures, the back glitter effect on the glass looks better in black to me. I think I would still buy the black version... although it's nice to see manufactures giving us an option these days.

tacsig513.png

: : C  H  A  N  N  E  L   Y  O  U  R    M  E  D  I  A : :

Jessesmith888 #4

Jessesmith888
  • 98 posts

Posted May 19 '13 @ 3:42 PM

I had a white sgs3 and HTC one X. Yeah they were great but by the time I put a case on them it hardly matters to me anymore what color it is.

Options are always nice tho!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

• creccaj likes this

creccaj #5

creccaj
  • Wait, wut?
  • 421 posts

Posted May 19 '13 @ 4:30 PM

The fact that we keep seeing these shots of the white Nexus leads me to believe that Google is either going to come out this new device soon, or it will be the next iteration.  

tacsig513.png

Nexus 5 - Stock w/ Franco Test 8 | Nexus 7 2013 - PA 3.99 | Mako (Retired) - Purity ROM

creccaj #6

creccaj
  • Wait, wut?
  • 421 posts

Posted May 29 '13 @ 11:31 AM

Well now that Google has officially announced that a White Nexus 4 is coming, do you plan on picking on up?

tacsig513.png

Cory Streater #7

Cory Streater
  • 1533 posts

Posted May 31 '13 @ 6:59 PM

Unimpressed. I might take one in dark blue though :)

Cyber Warrior #8

Cyber Warrior
  • Robots Will Kill
  • 1500 posts

Posted May 31 '13 @ 7:08 PM

Eh.. Still think it looks better in black but I guess I would need to see it in person. Being that the phone is glass, I think black has a nicer shine.

tacsig513.png

creccaj #9

creccaj
  • Wait, wut?
  • 421 posts

Posted May 31 '13 @ 8:08 PM

Don't like the black front with white backing. Should have done it all one color.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

tacsig513.png

Cory Streater #10

Cory Streater
  • 1533 posts

Posted Jun 17 '13 @ 7:43 AM

Agreed.

When manufacturers release additional colors, several months after the first launch, can they retrofit existing inventory, or do you think they just manufacture a new phone?

I ask, because retrofitting existing inventory could be a great way to get rid of it.

dmmarck #11

dmmarck
  • Ombudsman of Mountain View
  • 1381 posts
  • Device: NEXII

Posted Jun 17 '13 @ 8:02 PM

Agreed.

When manufacturers release additional colors, several months after the first launch, can they retrofit existing inventory, or do you think they just manufacture a new phone?

I ask, because retrofitting existing inventory could be a great way to get rid of it.

Probably retrofit. Why retool for a color midway through the production cycle?

Sent from my HTC One

tacsig513.png

UNLEASH THE BEAST: General Nexus 5 Hackery

LG NEXUS 5 - Black 16GB, Android 4.4 KitKat, Unlocked, Rooted, franco.Kernel

ASUS NEXUS 7 (2013) - Black 16GB, Android 4.3 Jelly Bean, Unlocked

Cyber Warrior #12

Cyber Warrior
  • Robots Will Kill
  • 1500 posts

Posted Jun 25 '13 @ 5:45 PM

So T-Mobile has the white version for $50 cheaper than the black and even throws in a free wireless charging orb.

Change your mind?  ...for me it doesn't, I still like the black better. Sounds like they're having a hard time selling the white version to me.

tacsig513.png

creccaj #13

creccaj
  • Wait, wut?
  • 421 posts

Posted Jul 1 '13 @ 8:28 AM

The more I look at the white, the more and dislike it.  That being said, I like the black Nexus 4 with the white bumper.  

tacsig513.png