4 Ways To Sync iTunes Music with Android
The iTunes music is under DRM copy protection except for iTunes Plus music, so if you would like to enjoy iTunes music on some other devices that are not Apple products, you have to remove the protection. This article will show 4 ways to sync iTunes music to your Android phone.
Here's Apple's FAQ page on iTunes Plus.
This program is compatible with Windows OS.
- Step1. Install and run DoubleTwist.
- Step2. Click "Library -> Import iTunes Playlists" to add the playlists in your iTunes library.
- Step3. Connect Android phone to computer via USB.
- Step4. Drag and drop the playlist to your Android phone in the "DEVICES" panel and start syncing
WinAmp for Mac can take any existing iTunes playlist and sync it directly to an Android device without jumping through any other hoops.
- Step1. Download and install WinAmp.
- Step 2. Launch Winamp and you'll be prompted to add media to Winamp library. Select "Import from iTunes". This will import all of your music in your iTunes library into the Winamp Media Library.
- Step 3. Click "Library-> Import iTunes Media Library" in the bottom left-hand corner of the player.
- Step 4. Sync the playlist to your Android phone connected to Mac previously.
Other than serving as an easy way to sync iTunes to Android, it also makes for a decent desktop music player.
TuneClone has both Windows and Mac versions. Just take Mac version as an example.
- Step1. Install and run TuneClone Audio Converter for Mac .
- Step2. Run iTunes, create a new playlist and add the DRM protected iTunes music to the playlist.
- Step3. Right click the playlist, and select "Burn Playlist to Disc".
- Step4. In the pop-up dialogue "Burn Settings", select "CDWriter TuneClone" as default CD Burner, choose "Audio CD" as Disc Format and tick "Include CD Text" (preserving the music metadata, such as name, artist, album names, etc.).
- Step5. Click "Burn" button to start the burning. Nearly at the same time, TuneClone will convert the iTunes music to MP3 files automatically. The output MP3 files can be found easily by clicking the "Reveal in Finder" button on the manager screen.
AirBind is a freeware app for Android which allows you to sync your iTunes library to your Android device over Wi-Fi.
- Step1. Download and install the PC or Mac client and then launch AirBbind on your Android device.
- Step2. The AirBind will discover your iTunes library automatically, and it will start to sync with only one mouse click.
Once it connects to the Wi-Fi network, it prompts to select the sync options. You can sync music, photos and videos. The files are stored in SD card. AirBind allows you to take your media with you. It will even auto-sync with your iTunes whenever your PC or Mac and android device are on the same network and this option can be set from the sync options.
AirBind is similar to the DoubleTwist. But AirBind Desktop app is Java based and is supported on Windows and Mac. What's more, AirBind can only sync iTunes Plus music which is DRM-free music.