<insert witty introduction title>

Started by Pat ,

• Sign In To Reply:  

Pat #1

Pat
  • 14 posts
  • Device: Nexus 4/7/10

Posted May 19 '13 @ 11:37 AM

How's it going?  My name's Pat; Patrick Schroedl if you want to be all formal about it.  ;)

Where to start, where to start... I'm a twenty-year-old UI/UX designer living and working in Seattle, Washington.  My work is an even split between Android/Windows Phone development and modern web design (HTML5, CSS3, responsive layout design, etc.).  I previously spent two-ish years as a graphic designer doing branding, logo, and website work for various companies.  My smartphone history really begins with the original Droid on Verizon.  My list of personal devices continues with the HTC Thunderbolt, Motorola XOOM, Samsung Galaxy Nexus (Verizon variant), Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, and now the Nexus 4, 7, and 10.  The list of devices I have around for development purposes is much longer, and changes frequently.. which is often very entertaining.  Quite a few of you will recognize me from AC, where I'm a moderator.  I can't resist new communities, so when I saw this site up on Google+ and heard from Kevin and Chris about it, I went straight for the 'register' link.

I have a deep love for the Pacific Northwest (looking at you here, Cory!), good food, good music, and quality drinks.  But who doesn't?  Nothing better than a summer in the Northwest.

This should be fun.  I'll be as active as my free time (what little I have) permits.  :P

• Cory Streater, Christopher Coleman, 2defmouze and 3 others like this

Cyber Warrior #2

Cyber Warrior
  • Robots Will Kill
  • 1500 posts
  • Device: GS4 N7

Posted May 19 '13 @ 12:09 PM

Welcome to the forum :) Enjoy!

• Pat likes this

tacsig513.png

: : C  H  A  N  N  E  L   Y  O  U  R    M  E  D  I  A : :

Christopher Coleman #3

Christopher Coleman
  • Management
  • 877 posts
  • Device: Motorola RAZR MAXX & Nexus 7

Posted May 19 '13 @ 12:20 PM

Enjoy your stay, homie.

• Pat likes this

Cory Streater #4

Cory Streater
  • Your Wish Is My Command
  • 1533 posts
  • Device: Samsung S6 Edge

Posted May 19 '13 @ 12:53 PM

I have a deep love for the Pacific Northwest (looking at you here, Cory!), good food, good music, and quality drinks.  But who doesn't?  Nothing better than a summer in the Northwest.

This should be fun.  I'll be as active as my free time (what little I have) permits.  :P

It really is amazing here -- especially in the summer. And I'm glad to hear that you'll be here to help us build the community.

Where to start, where to start... I'm a twenty-year-old UI/UX designer living and working in Seattle, Washington.  My work is an even split between Android/Windows Phone development and modern web design (HTML5, CSS3, responsive layout design, etc.).  I previously spent two-ish years as a graphic designer doing branding, logo, and website work for various companies.

:P

My God, I can't tell you how badly I could use someone like you at the moment to help me out with this site :)

• Christopher Coleman, Pat, Nexusisneecesary and 2 others like this

Christopher Coleman #5

Christopher Coleman
  • Management
  • 877 posts
  • Device: Motorola RAZR MAXX & Nexus 7

Posted May 19 '13 @ 1:10 PM

I'm so jealous of where you two live. The weather in Illinois is ridiculous.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

• Pat likes this

Pat #6

Pat
  • 14 posts
  • Device: Nexus 4/7/10

Posted May 19 '13 @ 2:58 PM

It really is amazing here -- especially in the summer. And I'm glad to hear that you'll be here to help us build the community.

Where to start, where to start... I'm a twenty-year-old UI/UX designer living and working in Seattle, Washington.  My work is an even split between Android/Windows Phone development and modern web design (HTML5, CSS3, responsive layout design, etc.).  I previously spent two-ish years as a graphic designer doing branding, logo, and website work for various companies.

:P

My God, I can't tell you how badly I could use someone like you at the moment to help me out with this site :)

Indeed it is. :) I'm definitely interested in helping out in the future, but right now I don't even have as much time as I'd like for my development work and duties for Mobile Nations.  We should for sure discuss it more sometime soon.

I'm so jealous of where you two live. The weather in Illinois is ridiculous. 

We've been lucky the past month or so.  It isn't usually so nice in May and June haha.

Thanks for the welcome, all.  Looks like this is shaping up to be a great site.

• Nexusisneecesary likes this

dmmarck #7

dmmarck
  • Ombudsman of Mountain View
  • 1381 posts
  • Device: NEXII

Posted May 19 '13 @ 3:49 PM

Glad to see you here :).

tacsig513.png

UNLEASH THE BEAST: General Nexus 5 Hackery

LG NEXUS 5 - Black 16GB, Android 4.4 KitKat, Unlocked, Rooted, franco.Kernel

ASUS NEXUS 7 (2013) - Black 16GB, Android 4.3 Jelly Bean, Unlocked

bigdaddytee #8

bigdaddytee
  • 17 posts
  • Device: Gnex and/or Sero 7 Pro

Posted May 20 '13 @ 4:58 PM

Hi Pat! Good to see you here.
  • Cory Streater and Pat like this

Johnny5 #9

Johnny5
  • 89 posts

Posted May 21 '13 @ 6:24 AM

Absolutely thrilled to see Pat here.
  • Cory Streater, Pat and Nexusisneecesary like this

Lee Bo #10

Lee Bo
  • Android Addict
  • 242 posts
  • Device: Currently rocking the Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Posted May 21 '13 @ 10:34 AM

I'm a twenty-year-old UI/UX designer living and working in Seattle, Washington.  

Anywhere near Whole Foods?  Cory likes tarts and cider and can be bribed rather easily.   :D

• Cory Streater and dmmarck like this

Twitter: @Android_Lee