Started by Jessesmith888 ,

• Sign In To Reply:  

Jessesmith888 #1

Jessesmith888
  • 98 posts

Posted May 19 '13 @ 4:43 PM

Disclaimer* pure speculation

I have a feeling that a camera burst mode will be an added feature of 4.3

My reasoning is that because it was announced that g+ (web) can now take photos from a burst shot and string them together to make an animated gif, that the next iteration of android will officially support a burst mode.

He specifically mentioned burst shots from a phone while showing off the new features of g+

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Updated by Jessesmith888, May 19 '13 @ 4:45 PM.

creccaj #2

creccaj
  • Wait, wut?
  • 421 posts
  • Device: Hammerhead | Flo

Posted May 19 '13 @ 4:53 PM

Wouldn't surprise me in the least, I would expect to see some decent changes in 4.3 but nothing so radical that it is going to drastically change the OS as we know it.  I think that Android is at a stage right now where everyone is getting comfortable and Google is getting comfortable with itself.

tacsig513.png

Nexus 5 - Stock w/ Franco Test 8 | Nexus 7 2013 - PA 3.99 | Mako (Retired) - Purity ROM

Moderator - Accountant - Android Enthusiast

OrangeAndBlackk #3

OrangeAndBlackk
  • 5 posts
  • Device: iPhone 5

Posted May 19 '13 @ 4:54 PM

Disclaimer* pure speculation

I have a feeling that a camera burst mode will be an added feature of 4.3

My reasoning is that because it was announced that g+ (web) can now take photos from a burst shot and string them together to make an animated gif, that the next iteration of android will officially support a burst mode.

He specifically mentioned burst shots from a phone while showing off the new features of g+

Said G+ feature is already being implemented through Google Glass. I've seen Robert Scoble posting many .gifs over the weekend. Wouldn't surprise me if this was an Android feature in the making.

Jessesmith888 #4

Jessesmith888
  • 98 posts

Posted May 19 '13 @ 5:02 PM

Wouldn't surprise me in the least, I would expect to see some decent changes in 4.3 but nothing so radical that it is going to drastically change the OS as we know it. I think that Android is at a stage right now where everyone is getting comfortable and Google is getting comfortable with itself.

Agreed! Nothing major will probably change, just a few additions, bug fixes, security updates and the low energy bluetooth.

Any guesses what features may be added

creccaj #5

creccaj
  • Wait, wut?
  • 421 posts

Posted May 19 '13 @ 5:21 PM

Wouldn't surprise me in the least, I would expect to see some decent changes in 4.3 but nothing so radical that it is going to drastically change the OS as we know it. I think that Android is at a stage right now where everyone is getting comfortable and Google is getting comfortable with itself.

Agreed! Nothing major will probably change, just a few additions, bug fixes, security updates and the low energy bluetooth.

Any guesses what features may be added

More integration with Google+ for sure and probably upgrade the camera features like you said.  Other than that I would probably say just upgrade the core components like the SMS, Email and Calendar app to improve it so it can compete with the clients that are provided on Sense or TW.  I love the email client on the One and love the calendar of TW.  If they can get those up and running to compete with those I would be happier than a clam.  

tacsig513.png

Nexus 5 - Stock w/ Franco Test 8 | Nexus 7 2013 - PA 3.99 | Mako (Retired) - Purity ROM

Jessesmith888 #6

Jessesmith888
  • 98 posts

Posted May 19 '13 @ 6:57 PM

I think sms is about due for a little upgrade. And with the new hangouts app lacking sms maybe they'll tie it in somehow

Pat #7

Pat
  • 14 posts
  • Device: Nexus 4/7/10

Posted May 20 '13 @ 12:39 AM

I do believe Google Voice is the elephant in the room here.  :D But really though, I would also agree that Android is at the point where they're in the refine-and-polish phase.  They're able to rely on a great base operating system to add software and hardware to include newer technologies and UI/UX approaches... which is a great place to be in.

Updated by Pat, May 20 '13 @ 12:41 AM.

• ChromeJob likes this

creccaj #8

creccaj
  • Wait, wut?
  • 421 posts

Posted May 20 '13 @ 5:58 AM

I think sms is about due for a little upgrade. And with the new hangouts app lacking sms maybe they'll tie it in somehow

They have already announced the SMS will be coming to Hangouts app.  I highly doubt that will fully replace the SMS application on the phone though.  

I do believe Google Voice is the elephant in the room here.  :D But really though, I would also agree that Android is at the point where they're in the refine-and-polish phase.  They're able to rely on a great base operating system to add software and hardware to include newer technologies and UI/UX approaches... which is a great place to be in.

Agreed.  Google has come a long way since Eclair/Froyo days.  They are in a good place right now and making radical changes might put some people off who just got comfortable with the OS.  

• Pat likes this

tacsig513.png

7stringer #9

7stringer
  • 161 posts
  • Device: HTC One (AT&T)

Posted May 21 '13 @ 6:12 AM

With regards to the messaging/SMS/hangouts, I think at this point they just need to pull an iOS and make it all one integrated app. Let colros or something differentiate between android users on data and SMS, and keep it all integrated. Will that happen? No idea, but it needs to. 

• Cory Streater and Pat like this

I have the Rickets! 

Jessesmith888 #10

Jessesmith888
  • 98 posts

Posted May 21 '13 @ 10:19 AM

Does anyone think some of the new "auto awesome" type features might get added to the camera app

Pat #11

Pat
  • 14 posts
  • Device: Nexus 4/7/10

Posted May 22 '13 @ 10:57 AM

Does anyone think some of the new "auto awesome" type features might get added to the camera app

Personally, I'd like to see them remain a Google+ feature.  I like the photos I take on my phone to be unaltered, so I can see them as the camera took them and then do what I please.  Since they're mirrored to Google+ via Instant Upload, they all should get the treatment anyway.

Jessesmith888 #12

Jessesmith888
  • 98 posts

Posted May 24 '13 @ 1:16 PM

4.3 camera!

creccaj #13

creccaj
  • Wait, wut?
  • 421 posts

Posted May 24 '13 @ 1:21 PM

The problem with the 4.3 camera is that it will never come to the mainstream market unless phone manufacturers put the features on the device.  

tacsig513.png

Jessesmith888 #14

Jessesmith888
  • 98 posts

Posted May 24 '13 @ 2:36 PM

I'm mainly interested in the camera because I have a nexus 4. With these "google edition" phones it should be increasing important.

I believe there is an LG phone with photo sphere now.

• Cory Streater likes this

Jerrod #15

Jerrod
  • 265 posts
  • Device: Nexus 5, Nexus 7 2012 tablet

Posted Jul 3 '13 @ 11:54 AM

Wasn't there a presentation by a Google person who mentioned that one of the annoying things about the way messages are delivered is that if you have multiple devices each device gets a notification of the message even if you have already read it on another.

For example I have a tablet I got a bunch of email and I read it this morning.  When I picked up my phone this afternoon there were the same  notifications on the phone even though I had already read them, so I had to dismiss them there too.  I thought there was talk about having the messages in a cloud or something so that after you looked at them once they were dismissed and you would not be notified of them again.

If i am remembering this correctly then this is something I would like to see in the next version.

C Sab #16

C Sab
  • Your alternative tech/photography guy from the North.
  • 990 posts
  • Device: Nexus 5, Nexus 10, Nikon D3100

Posted Jul 3 '13 @ 4:32 PM

A burst mode would be cool, for most that like to use their phone as their main source of taking pictures. My DSLR has that feature so it's not a big deal for me, tho it would be a welcome addition nonetheless.