• Sign In To Reply:  

Nexusisneecesary #1

Nexusisneecesary
  • Space Enthusiast
  • 82 posts
  • Device: Nexus 7,Droid Pro

Posted May 21 '13 @ 4:46 PM

WARNING

I'm about to go in depth about the things that define me.This will be more then i have shared with anyone in a long time.If you don't wish to read this i won't take that personally in fact i won't even know it.However,if you choose to read ahead and i hope you do.Please be understanding about what i share in the following paragraphs.This will be a Positive look back on my life(mostly).So strap in and prepare for some in depth information. so for those of you who are still reading,thank you.

1.Science

When people ask me how i would describe myself.i always tell them."i am a child of science."I can never mean anything more than that last sentence.Ever since i was a child;Science was with me nearly without fail.For my earliest years that meant Documentaries on the discovery channel.I was fortunate enough to discovery Cosmos:with Carl Sagan.This with one swift movement turned my attention from that of the earth's  crowded surface  and to that of the stars above.I have retained that desire all of my life.The thirst for knowledge and the desire for understanding.I am certain this will never fade.

The raw power of science is amazing,and  what it does to help us grasp the concept of the universe.When i learn something new about the universe it fills me with hope and a strange sense of belonging.Perhaps the best decision i have ever made,taking an interest in science.I hope everyone finds a way for science to play role  in their day to day life.If you are not interested in science currently.I strongly encourage you to do so.It will change your life.

2.Society (Less postive)

Very few times in my life i have i felt at home and at peace with my place in society.Most everyone i have talked to in my life seem to have a strong distaste for my true interests.I try to express to them my feelings and for the most part,they only pretend to listen.So i often walk away from conversations feeling defeated.I have been bullied for much of my years in school,which only contributes to feeling like a social outcast.I was extremely depressed in middle school(which i'm beginning to learn is more common than i had thought.I did very poorly with school in middle school because i was simply incapable of caring about most things.I luckily found my way out the chambers of depression and am feeling much better now.

I have hope that i will find someone who shares at least some of my interest and desires.However even now it's hard for me to see beyond present day.I suppose things will change in time(and everything does) however it is sometimes easier to only accept the reality i have in front of me.

NOTE

If you read this all through,then i thank you.

• Cyber Warrior, Lee Bo and lpt2569 like this

C Sab #2

C Sab
  • Your alternative tech/photography guy from the North.
  • 990 posts
  • Device: Nexus 5, Nexus 10, Nikon D3100

Posted May 21 '13 @ 5:06 PM

I can very much relate to the social part.

• Nexusisneecesary likes this

lpt2569 #3

lpt2569
  • 185 posts
  • Device: GNote2 & N7 Flo

Posted May 21 '13 @ 5:51 PM

Stick to what you are passionate about and people will admire your passion as long as it is directed in the right way. With that will come confidence in who you are and what matters to you. Everything else matters not and all good things will come in time.

I'm in my forties and only now am I on a path to doing what I've always wanted to do...teach. I'm 1/3 done a masters degree at Johns Hopkins and have never felt happier about the direction of my life.

If science and technology are passions for you, do what you can to make your passion your career if possible. The social stuff changes as we get older and matters less and less. I prefer my wife, 4 year old son, 3 cats and a movie to anything else in the world on a Friday or Saturday night.

My class is over for the semester and I can't wait for classes to start again in the fall because I'm passionate about the subjects and the end goal. I was asked to present my paper at our annual colloquium this past weekend and I was honored and proud to be part of something that included some of the smartest and nerdiest people I've ever known.

I am a nerd in many ways and proud of it. Not that anyone here is a nerd, I'm just stating a fact about myself. :D

Sent from a Galaxy (Note 2) far, far away...

• Nexusisneecesary likes this

Nexusisneecesary #4

Nexusisneecesary
  • Space Enthusiast
  • 82 posts
  • Device: Nexus 7,Droid Pro

Posted May 21 '13 @ 6:06 PM

Stick to what you are passionate about and people will admire your passion as long as it is directed in the right way. With that will come confidence in who you are and what matters to you. Everything else matters not and all good things will come in time.

I'm in my forties and only now am I on a path to doing what I've always wanted to do...teach. I'm 1/3 done a masters degree at Johns Hopkins and have never felt happier about the direction of my life.

If science and technology are passions for you, do what you can to make your passion your career if possible. The social stuff changes as we get older and matters less and less. I prefer my wife, 4 year old son, 3 cats and a movie to anything else in the world on a Friday or Saturday night.

My class is over for the semester and I can't wait for classes to start again in the fall because I'm passionate about the subjects and the end goal. I was asked to present my paper at our annual colloquium this past weekend and I was honored and proud to be part of something that included some of the smartest and nerdiest people I've ever known.

I am a nerd in many ways and proud of it. Not that anyone here is a nerd, I'm just stating a fact about myself. :D

Sent from a Galaxy (Note 2) far, far away...

I am a self admitted nerd..haha:) It's good to hear that your life is going well.i love hearing good news(then again who doesn't? ) An incredibly  wise person you are(and so many others here. :) ) it's good to know awesome people are out there..

Updated by Nexusisneecesary, May 21 '13 @ 6:08 PM.

• lpt2569 likes this

Malik Suleman #5

Malik Suleman
  • 137 posts

Posted Jan 5 '16 @ 10:36 AM

very informative talk. thanks users