Started by N3xs ,

• Sign In To Reply:  

N3xs #1

N3xs
  • Towel Porter
  • 211 posts
  • Device: Toro, Flo, Grouper, Manta

Posted May 22 '13 @ 8:16 AM

My love for android is a fairly recent one as it all started with my beloved, cherished and sometimes hated and monikered thee "fake" Nexus from Big Red (if you don't chew big red then f*** you...sorry) .... 

Coming from an iphone 3Gs (I know...I said I know), it was love at first sight, and touch... 

The same gentleman (Dylan) that got me through my first months of androiding around by providing great and selfless support got me to join this forum which seems like a good place to hang out (no pun intended) and share some android luv...

I am now obsessed with everything android and google (even though I am fairly dumb tech-wise), and I cannot wait to get me a new phone to play with...Gnex's getting a lil rusty...sniff

I should admit that I am extremely jealous of every person that owns a One, especially if it's black (drools....)...

So, all that said, I'm glad to be here and I trust thee famous Dylan with everything android related (pretty much) and this forum is no exception.... looks clean and sexay...shall be sweet..

don't forget the towel ;) 

• Cory Streater, dmmarck, bigdaddytee and 1 other like this

N3xs #2

N3xs
  • Towel Porter
  • 211 posts

Posted May 22 '13 @ 8:56 AM

FUCK!! .... dmmarck told me to say it 

• dmmarck likes this

Cory Streater #3

Cory Streater
  • Your Wish Is My Command
  • 1533 posts
  • Device: Samsung S6 Edge

Posted May 22 '13 @ 9:02 AM

I cannot wait to get me a new phone to play with...Gnex's getting a lil rusty...sniff

I haven't pulled mine out for a while. Did/do you have any radio issues, and if so, have their ever been any radio updates that improved them? Do you have a particular phone in mind?

Thanks for the compliments on the forums. Not knowing how well the design would be received was pretty stressful.

Cory Streater #4

Cory Streater
  • Your Wish Is My Command
  • 1533 posts
  • Device: Samsung S6 Edge

Posted May 22 '13 @ 9:08 AM

FUCK!! .... dmmarck told me to say it

Thanks for letting me know. I just banned him. J/K. I decided to lighten up a little bit, unless things get out of hand, or I get a flurry of I'm offended complaints. I think forums should mirror the natural way people talk amongst themselves when they are interacting away from the keyboard. That said, I could be totally wrong about that, so we'll just have to see ;)

<--- Running away from any mods reading this before I get killed.
  • dmmarck, bigdaddytee and N3xs like this

N3xs #5

N3xs
  • Towel Porter
  • 211 posts

Posted May 22 '13 @ 9:17 AM

I cannot wait to get me a new phone to play with...Gnex's getting a lil rusty...sniff

I haven't pulled mine out for a while. Did/do you have any radio issues, and if so, have their ever been any radio updates that improved them? Do you have a particular phone in mind?

Thanks for the compliments on the forums. Not knowing how well the design would be received was pretty stressful.

First of all congrats to you and all the founders! ... in regards to my Gnex, I've never had real radio issues and I've flashed every new ones as they became available...TBH, I've never noticed any improvements... I was always running custom ROMS and nightly builds for the most part until I got a little overwhelmed by the time spent on that every single day and had to focus a bit more on "real" life so I decided to go back to stock (relocked the bootloader and unrooted it).... well, after getting my 4.2.2 OTA from big red it just kept getting slower and slower and it just became unbearable (I guess all the play services updates and all that is a bit too much for "older" hardware..) ...so I decided to go back to an unlocked and rooted device with a more stable ROM and could not be happier about my decision... it's smooth and snappy once again (probably won;t last long)..

I have had many phones in mind but I have to wait for my contract to end in December of this year before I can get a new one.... so yeah FML 

If I had to buy a phone right now, it would definitely have to be the One in black... I would slap Nova on it to see if that takes care of Sense...i would probably eventually unlock and root it though.... such a beautiful phone! 

• Cory Streater likes this