Cyber Warrior wrote up an informative article that solves a common question: How do I sync music from my Android phone/tablet to iTunes?. He also addresses how to crack the DRM nut, so you can rightfully enjoy your purchased music on any device you want to.
I myself had been using iSyncr a while back, but lately I've been streaming through Amazon and Google Play. I searched the Play store and found several other apps that look fairly popular. I'd like to test them all out and write up a review, but thought I'd check with the community for thoughts and opinions on those listed below, or alternatives that I hadn't considered.
Here's a list of apps I pulled from the Play Store, with a consolidated list of features.
iSyncr for Windows and iSyncr for Mac (separate apps dependent on the OS you are syncing with)
- Works with iTunes playlists and one or more libraries
- Choice of syncing over USB or WiFi
- Bi-directional synchronization between Android and iTunes: MP3 downloads, videos, podcasts, album art, ratings, play counts, skip counts, last played date, and last skipped date
- Your choice of syncing to internal memory or an external memory card (if your device supports one)
- Sync based on schedule (e.g., sync at midnight daily)
iTunes to Android & SyncTunes Wireless.
I list them both here, because they are developed by the same company, and offer the same features with the exception that iTunes to Android does not provide wireless support. IMHO, it's kind of lame they have 2 separate apps requiring 2 purchases.
- Syncs podcasts, music tracks, playlists, album art, and tracks from itunes store.
- filters available for tracks to be synced (by size, length , date etc)
- Requires a desktop application to bridge the Android app to the Desktop version of iTunes.
- Wirelessly syncs music, photos and videos over WiFi.
- Supports syncing between a Mac or PC
- It appears that you need to use it in conjunction with the (free) doubleTwist desktop app to automatically import your iTunes music playlists, iTunes ratings & playcounts from your Mac or PC (MacOS X 10.5 or higher on your Mac, or WinXP SP2/Vista/Windows 7).
- Automatic, wireless import of photos, videos, MP3 purchases & downloads from your phone back to your Mac or PC.
- Stream music, videos and photos to devices such as Xbox, PS3, Sonos, and Apple TV