Photo

Illuminated buttons??

Started by fastback08 ,

• Sign In To Reply:  

fastback08 #1

fastback08
  • 3 posts

Posted May 27 '13 @ 9:09 PM

Anyone know how to have the back and home button stay illuminated as long as the screen is on?

Cyber Warrior #2

Cyber Warrior
  • Robots Will Kill
  • 1500 posts
  • Device: GS4 N7

Posted May 27 '13 @ 10:30 PM

I know on the GS3 there's options for the display timeout.. 3 seconds/6 seconds and always on/off. I'm not sure about the HTC One but try checking in the Settings > Display > Screen timeout. If not them Im not sure, maybe someone with a One can help you out better.

tacsig513.png

: : C  H  A  N  N  E  L   Y  O  U  R    M  E  D  I  A : :

nitroX #3

nitroX
  • 33 posts

Posted May 28 '13 @ 4:56 AM

Most phones will make use of the light sensor to decide if the hardware buttons should be lit or not. If it's dark enough, then the buttons will be lit, but if it's light enough, they'll stay off, since you should be able to see them without help.
  • 7stringer likes this

dmmarck #4

dmmarck
  • Ombudsman of Mountain View
  • 1381 posts
  • Device: NEXII

Posted May 28 '13 @ 5:47 AM

Most phones will make use of the light sensor to decide if the hardware buttons should be lit or not. If it's dark enough, then the buttons will be lit, but if it's light enough, they'll stay off, since you should be able to see them without help.

That's correct.  Also, don't be thrown by the light purple tint.  Completely normal ;).

I also think Power Saver mode disables the function, but I cannot prove that.

tacsig513.png

UNLEASH THE BEAST: General Nexus 5 Hackery

LG NEXUS 5 - Black 16GB, Android 4.4 KitKat, Unlocked, Rooted, franco.Kernel

ASUS NEXUS 7 (2013) - Black 16GB, Android 4.3 Jelly Bean, Unlocked

7stringer #5

7stringer
  • 161 posts
  • Device: HTC One (AT&T)

Posted May 28 '13 @ 5:49 AM

Yeah, DM told me to try covering the sensor and it quickly illuminated them. That said, I was in a pretty dark room and they weren't illuminating naturally, so that was kind of a bummer. 

I have the Rickets! 

nitroX #6

nitroX
  • 33 posts

Posted May 28 '13 @ 6:20 AM

Yeah, DM told me to try covering the sensor and it quickly illuminated them. That said, I was in a pretty dark room and they weren't illuminating naturally, so that was kind of a bummer.

Yeah. I noticed that as well. I have to be in an almost completely dark room for them to come on. Hope htc adds this in an update.

fastback08 #7

fastback08
  • 3 posts

Posted May 28 '13 @ 6:26 AM

I found this on Google Play, it's called Soft Buttons Light and it keeps the lights on or off you can choose. Anyone else have any experience with this app? So far it seems stable.

dmmarck #8

dmmarck
  • Ombudsman of Mountain View
  • 1381 posts
  • Device: NEXII

Posted May 28 '13 @ 6:31 AM

I found this on Google Play, it's called Soft Buttons Light and it keeps the lights on or off you can choose. Anyone else have any experience with this app? So far it seems stable.

Not on the One.  Does it require root?

tacsig513.png

UNLEASH THE BEAST: General Nexus 5 Hackery

LG NEXUS 5 - Black 16GB, Android 4.4 KitKat, Unlocked, Rooted, franco.Kernel

ASUS NEXUS 7 (2013) - Black 16GB, Android 4.3 Jelly Bean, Unlocked

fastback08 #9

fastback08
  • 3 posts

Posted May 28 '13 @ 9:07 AM

Not on the One.  Does it require root?

No, no root required. I see it has a lot of bad reviews though. I'm still trying it out, so far so good.