Started by creccaj ,

• Sign In To Reply:  

creccaj #1

creccaj
  • Wait, wut?
  • 421 posts
  • Device: Hammerhead | Flo

Posted Jun 3 '13 @ 9:32 AM

Well its finally official... direct from Verizon themselves.  

https://twitter.com/...592724161560578

All I can say is its about damn time...

• zero neck likes this

tacsig513.png

Nexus 5 - Stock w/ Franco Test 8 | Nexus 7 2013 - PA 3.99 | Mako (Retired) - Purity ROM

Moderator - Accountant - Android Enthusiast

7stringer #2

7stringer
  • 161 posts
  • Device: HTC One (AT&T)

Posted Jun 3 '13 @ 10:12 AM

Saw that. Too little, too late. 

• zero neck likes this

I have the Rickets! 

creccaj #3

creccaj
  • Wait, wut?
  • 421 posts

Posted Jun 3 '13 @ 10:21 AM

My thoughts exactly.  Not only is it late and therefore not promoting as much interest as it could have (it will still peak a lot of people's interest but no where near the amount a month or so ago) but everyone who had an upgrade around the same time this came out along with the GS4 already moved on to the GS4 because of the lack of an option.  

tacsig513.png

Nexus 5 - Stock w/ Franco Test 8 | Nexus 7 2013 - PA 3.99 | Mako (Retired) - Purity ROM

Lee Bo #4

Lee Bo
  • Android Addict
  • 242 posts
  • Device: Currently rocking the Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Posted Jun 3 '13 @ 11:11 AM

And, it comes pre-loaded with all that wonderful VZW bloatware that's we've come to know and love so well.

Seriously, if I were a Ferrari dealer, the first thing I wouldn't do when getting a new car from the factory is installing a governor on it.   :P

• zero neck likes this

Twitter: @Android_Lee

Eric Kane #5

Eric Kane
  • 44 posts
  • Device: Galaxy S4

Posted Jun 3 '13 @ 11:15 AM

Makes me wonder who the difficult party was. If it was Verizon, then they don't think that much of this phone. If it was HTC, they might not have understood the urgency in which having this phone be successful brings.

creccaj #6

creccaj
  • Wait, wut?
  • 421 posts

Posted Jun 3 '13 @ 11:25 AM

Makes me wonder who the difficult party was. If it was Verizon, then they don't think that much of this phone. If it was HTC, they might not have understood the urgency in which having this phone be successful brings.

I am more along the lines of Verizon causing the delays but HTC refusing at first to give into what Verizon wanting to do.  Let me explain... and this is pure speculation.

I would think (hope) that HTC didn't want Verizon playing with their software too much to tweak it to include all those wonderful Verizon "enhancements" and so the stalemate began.  Once HTC saw the sales of this phone based on other carriers and internationally they probably realized that they could make a killing on the biggest network in US.  So they bended and Verizon got their way.  

tacsig513.png

Eric Kane #7

Eric Kane
  • 44 posts
  • Device: Galaxy S4

Posted Jun 3 '13 @ 11:36 AM

I am more along the lines of Verizon causing the delays but HTC refusing at first to give into what Verizon wanting to do.  Let me explain... and this is pure speculation.

I would think (hope) that HTC didn't want Verizon playing with their software too much to tweak it to include all those wonderful Verizon "enhancements" and so the stalemate began.  Once HTC saw the sales of this phone based on other carriers and internationally they probably realized that they could make a killing on the biggest network in US.  So they bended and Verizon got their way.  

I can almost guarantee you that they will still have all that ridiculous bloat on that phone. If it plagues the S4, it most certainly plagues the One. My guess is that they weren't okay with branding it as the "One" like every other carrier. They wanted their own spin on it, some Droid varaint most likely. It wasn't until it attained any measure of success that they decided they'd carry it. As much as I like that phone, I wouldn't bet the house on it, either. Their sales will be diminished by the disappointment from CTIA, it probably won't do that well as people will be gearing towards the iPhone 5S, and this will be a minor win for a company that needed so much more.

creccaj #8

creccaj
  • Wait, wut?
  • 421 posts

Posted Jun 3 '13 @ 11:47 AM

I can almost guarantee you that they will still have all that ridiculous bloat on that phone. If it plagues the S4, it most certainly plagues the One. My guess is that they weren't okay with branding it as the "One" like every other carrier. They wanted their own spin on it, some Droid varaint most likely. It wasn't until it attained any measure of success that they decided they'd carry it. As much as I like that phone, I wouldn't bet the house on it, either. Their sales will be diminished by the disappointment from CTIA, it probably won't do that well as people will be gearing towards the iPhone 5S, and this will be a minor win for a company that needed so much more.

I agree 100%, Verizon bloat will be on it sadly and there will no way to get around that.  I am slightly happy that it is called the One and now some Droid iteration.  

tacsig513.png

zero neck #9

zero neck
  • The Ever-Living
  • 63 posts
  • Device: One.

Posted Jun 3 '13 @ 2:54 PM

i guess by the time vz gets it something better will be around the corner.  sad panda.

but what the hell maybe i'll pick it up in august with all that loan money i get.

lpt2569 #10

lpt2569
  • 185 posts
  • Device: GNote2 & N7 Flo

Posted Jun 3 '13 @ 4:25 PM

i guess by the time vz gets it something better will be around the corner. sad panda.

but what the hell maybe i'll pick it up in august with all that loan money i get.

Note 3 and Nexus 5 in the fall...The One will be dust in the wind by then. :P

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• zero neck likes this

creccaj #11

creccaj
  • Wait, wut?
  • 421 posts

Posted Jun 4 '13 @ 5:06 AM

i guess by the time vz gets it something better will be around the corner. sad panda.

Note 3 and Nexus 5 in the fall...The One will be dust in the wind by then. :P

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Yea I am willing to bet by then most people who had interest in the One would be getting something else or waiting for the next big thing.  Nexus 5 out the question since Verizon will never see another Nexus but the Moto line should intrigue some people as well as the Note 3.  

tacsig513.png