Started by Cyber Warrior ,

• Sign In To Reply:  

Cyber Warrior #1

Cyber Warrior
  • Robots Will Kill
  • 1500 posts
  • Device: GS4 N7

Posted Jun 5 '13 @ 6:36 PM

The Nexus 7 was released July 13th of 2012 and it's official pogo pin charging station wasn't available until March 6th of 2013.. 8 months later.

The Nexus 10 was released November 13th of 2012... So we should be seeing the dock sometime in July??? Unbelievable it's taking this long.. Google/Asus/Samsung and whoever else is involved really dropped the ball with these devices. Accessories should be available Day 1!!
  • Phil Tann likes this

tacsig513.png

: : C  H  A  N  N  E  L   Y  O  U  R    M  E  D  I  A : :

Phil Tann #2

Phil Tann
  • 19 posts
  • Device: Galaxy SIII and Nexus 7

Posted Jun 26 '13 @ 3:30 PM

I had to unlike this post, just so I could like it again.

Accessories for Android is a MEGA bugbear for me personally.  Unfortunately, it's part of the issues with having such a fragmented/forked (depending on your point of view) ecosystem.

While some would certainly argue that the flagship phones and tablets should have accessories from day 1, there's also a lot of secrecy around new devices outside of the manufacturers inner depths. What this means to me, is that only the manufacturer is actually able to put accessories out on day 1 of a product release.

Then I need to ask the question: Which manufacturers have the capability, let alone the budget to do it?

The only one that I can think of is Samsung.  With the Galaxy S4 they did it, there's the flip cover, the scales etc that are all aimed at s-health interaction.  Fingers crossed someone will see the light sooner rather than later and start talking to accessory manufacturers.

Phil Tann

Writer/Podcast host

Ausdroid Media

www.ausdroid.net