Verizon FiOS App

• Sign In To Reply:  

Cory Streater #1

Cory Streater
  • Your Wish Is My Command
  • 1533 posts
  • Device: Samsung S6 Edge

Posted Jun 12 '13 @ 1:41 PM

Verizon Wireless introduced its FiOS Mobile application today — an Android app that enables FiOS customers to stream TV Channels anywhere within their home.

Use of FiOS Mobile requires FiOS TV and FiOS Internet service, as well as subscriptions to any channels customers wish to watch.

Unfortunately, the FiOS application isn't meeting user expectations. A quick check of the Google Play store reviews section shows an average rating of 2.5 stars.

The most common complaint is that the application can only be used within the home. Others complain of excessive load times, connection timeouts, and application crashes.

vzw_fios_reviews_2.png

FiOS Mobile also enables access to Flex View — a pay per view service offering approximately 40,000 movies. Flex View also allows customers to access subscription based services Starz and Encore. Both are accessible outside the home.

Flex View is currently supported on the following list of discontinued Android tablets and smartphones:

• HTC DROID Incredible 2
  • HTC Rezound
  • HTC ThunderBolt
  • HTC Vivid
  • LG Revolution
  • Motorola DROID 2
  • Motorola DROID 2 Global
  • Motorola DROID X
  • Motorola DROID Pro
  • Motorola XOOM: 3.2.1
  • Samsung Continuum
  • Samsung Droid Charge
  • Samsung Fascinate
  • Samsung Galaxy Tablet 10.1
  • Samsung Galaxy 8.9
  • Samsung Galaxy 7
  • Samsung Galaxy S II
  • Samsung Stratosphere
  • Samsung Tablet i800
  • Sony Xperia PLAY
  • Kindle Fire

Here's a select few one star reviews:

"Yay....! More useless junk from Verizon. Someday there will be a good simple working application for checking TV program and maybe even watching few live channels from Verizon Fios but that day is so far away. Oh, so far far away..."

"Why even do this? This is honestly something I check the market for at least monthly. I am currently traveling and heard this was out. Got excited and installed it. Big surprise it doesn't work outside of my home. Completely useless. Verizon and VZW are both becoming terrible companies."

"Hope you like timeout errors and inexplicably long loading screens"

"This app is so awesome, now I can watch tv from my phone, I just have to be sitting in front of my tv at home for it work. Great thinking Verizon!!!"

At least 32 people gave the FiOS Mobile app five stars. Here's one:

"Works fine on I downloaded this app just because there were so many negative reviews but it is working perfectly on my tablet. And this is while I am riding into work on the bus while using my Note II as a mobile hot spot. I chose a movie from Starz and it played without a hitch. I checked my dvr and any movies that I have purchased and everything came up quickly. Me likey very much!" Teara Jones Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tab"

Click the icon below if you're interested in trying it out.

Get It On Google Play

Cyber Warrior #2

Cyber Warrior
  • Robots Will Kill
  • 1500 posts
  • Device: GS4 N7

Posted Jun 12 '13 @ 2:30 PM

Tried it out yesterday.. Love the concept but agree it would be nice to stream from wherever and not just around the home. Unfortunately I couldn't get anything to play because of the connection/time out errors. I believe it's due to the fact that my Fios router is in bridge mode because I have my Apple Time Capsule piggy backed to it. I'm going to try and take it out of bridge and see if it fixes the connection issues.. If not, add me to the list of people having a problem.

tacsig513.png

: : C  H  A  N  N  E  L   Y  O  U  R    M  E  D  I  A : :

Cory Streater #3

Cory Streater
  • Your Wish Is My Command
  • 1533 posts
  • Device: Samsung S6 Edge

Posted Jun 12 '13 @ 5:11 PM

I believe it's due to the fact that my Fios router is in bridge mode because I have my Apple Time Capsule piggy backed to it. I'm going to try and take it out of bridge and see if it fixes the connection issues.. If not, add me to the list of people having a problem.

I wonder if the average consumer would understand anything you just said. That's the problem with a lot of apps.. They aren't user friendly.