how to google cloud print apps

• Sign In To Reply:  

Cyber Warrior #1

Cyber Warrior
  • Robots Will Kill
  • 1500 posts
  • Device: GS4 N7

Posted Jun 12 '13 @ 5:14 PM

Google Cloud Print lets you print straight to your wireless printer from anywhere, using the web!

Print From Anywhere
Google Cloud Print allows users to print from Gmail and Google Docs on a mobile device and from the Google Chrome browser for Mac, Windows, Linux and Chrome devices. With Google Cloud Print, you can print from wherever you are, from applications you use every day. Plus, you can share your home and work printers with anyone you choose!

Print Anything
Any type of application, on any web-connected device, can use Google Cloud Print. For a list of apps that will allow you to print to Google Cloud Print at home, at work, or on the go, see here.

Share Your Printers
Google Cloud Print allows you to share printers with friends, family, or coworkers as easily as you would share a Google Doc file - perfect for visiting guests looking to print a flight boarding pass. With Google Cloud Print, you can securely share printers with a single click, directly from your Google account. You can also track print jobs on your shared printers, and modify or revoke sharing rights at any time. To learn more about sharing printers, see here.

Getting Started
If you want to get started with Google Cloud Print, here's what you'll need:

• The Google Chrome web browser.
  • A regular or internet-enabled printer. (Virtually any printer is fine, but the setup process varies depending on the type of printer you have.)
  • An active, internet-connected computer that the printer is connected to if it is not an internet-enabled printer.
  • A Google account. (If you don't have one, sign up for one here.)

Once you've got all of that ready to go, you can start setting it up.

There are two ways to set up your printers with Google Cloud Print depending on what type of printer you own.
1. Classic/Standard Printer (basic printer)
OR
2. Cloud Ready Printer (printer with internet connection features)

Setting up Google Cloud Print
First, make sure everything is in place. You'll need Google Chrome installed on your computer. Also, ensure that your printer is connected to your computer, it's currently on, and you can print from it normally. (Note: You'll only be able to send print jobs to this printer when it is connected to your computer, so it's best to set this up on a desktop machine where the printer will always remain connected and powered on.)

Launch Google Chrome

• Click on the Chrome Menu on the Browser Toolbar and Go to Settings

cloudpa.jpg

• Click the Show Advanced Setting link

cloudpb.jpg

• Scroll down to the Google Cloud Print section and click on Add Printers

cloudpc.jpg
The next page will be a conformation page... Click on Add Printer and on the following page.. Click on the Manage Printers link and you should see your printer has been added. If you are using a classic/standard printer, you're all done. The printer is now associated with your Google Account and connected to Google Cloud Print. You can print to this printer using Google Cloud Print whenever you’re signed in with the same Google Account.

That's it.. you're done.   :) You can move on to the Start Printing instructions (standard printer owners skip the next section)

But if you own a Cloud-Ready printer, you need to first register them from the product website before you can use the Google Cloud Print service.

• Click on the ‘Add a Cloud-Ready Printer’ menu on the left or go here.

cloudpd.jpg

• You will be redirected to a page with instructions to add these printers, together with the links to the registration page. Simply follow the instructions and enter the email address registered with the product.

cloudpe.jpg
That's it.. you're done.   :) You can move on to the Start Printing instructions

• Cory Streater likes this

tacsig513.png

: : C  H  A  N  N  E  L   Y  O  U  R    M  E  D  I  A : :

Cyber Warrior #2

Cyber Warrior
  • Robots Will Kill
  • 1500 posts

Posted Jun 12 '13 @ 8:59 PM

Start Printing

From Google Chrome Desktop

• Go to File > Print > Change > Google Cloud Print

cloudpf.jpg

Print :)

From the Google Cloud Print Mobile App

• Download the latest release of the official Google Cloud Print app. safeimagephpdaqbqr5kber.png
  • Open the app > Select the print icon up top > Pick your file location > Choose your file > Select your printer > Click the arrow up top to send the Print :)

cloudpg.jpg

YouTube Video Guide

• Cory Streater likes this

tacsig513.png

Cory Streater #3

Cory Streater
  • Your Wish Is My Command
  • 1533 posts
  • Device: Samsung S6 Edge

Posted Jun 12 '13 @ 10:04 PM

Nice! My printer broke about a year ago, and there's a Kinko's nearby. I do all of my printing using Google Cloud Print. It's awesome news to hear that there's an app now.

Cyber Warrior #4

Cyber Warrior
  • Robots Will Kill
  • 1500 posts

Posted Jun 12 '13 @ 10:40 PM

Nice! My printer broke about a year ago, and there's a Kinko's nearby. I do all of my printing using Google Cloud Print. It's awesome news to hear that there's an app now.

My printer has been acting haywire.. I was actually thinking about doing the same thing.

tacsig513.png

Lee Bo #5

Lee Bo
  • Android Addict
  • 242 posts
  • Device: Currently rocking the Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Posted Jun 16 '13 @ 4:30 PM

I had a Canon printer that was a work horse, but unfortunately used Canon's proprietary drivers and therefore did not work with Linux.  I finally broke down and bought a nice HP laserjet printer and with the HP app I can print from any app on my devices.  And with Hp's ePrint service, I create an email for the printer, and any email I send to that address with an attached document, it will print the document. 

Twitter: @Android_Lee

Cory Streater #6

Cory Streater
  • Your Wish Is My Command
  • 1533 posts
  • Device: Samsung S6 Edge

Posted Jun 17 '13 @ 7:17 AM

It's been years since I owned an HP printer. I recall having to install 200MB worth of software in order to get it to work. I guess that isn't much these days, but it was back then.

dmmarck #7

dmmarck
  • Ombudsman of Mountain View
  • 1381 posts
  • Device: NEXII

Posted Jun 17 '13 @ 8:08 PM

It's been years since I owned an HP printer. I recall having to install 200MB worth of software in order to get it to work. I guess that isn't much these days, but it was back then.

They're terrible. Thankfully, we're replacing them at work.

Sent from my HTC One

tacsig513.png

UNLEASH THE BEAST: General Nexus 5 Hackery

LG NEXUS 5 - Black 16GB, Android 4.4 KitKat, Unlocked, Rooted, franco.Kernel

ASUS NEXUS 7 (2013) - Black 16GB, Android 4.3 Jelly Bean, Unlocked

malik1994 #8

malik1994
  • 90 posts

Posted Nov 10 '15 @ 10:33 AM

i was having a hp printer and have some serious issues with it