Photo

Android devices get new streaming TV love from A&E, History Channel and Lifetime with free apps

Started by Christopher Coleman ,
tv app streaming android

• Sign In To Reply:  

Christopher Coleman #1

Christopher Coleman
  • Management
  • 877 posts
  • Device: Motorola RAZR MAXX & Nexus 7

Posted Jun 18 '13 @ 10:39 PM

5TmdN4I.png  PD6ta0a.png  doL6agE.png

Three new TV streaming applications have very recently been unleashed to Android devices running version 4.0 and above from A&E, the History Channel, and Lifetime.  These apps give viewers access to on demand content from the networks (no live TV here, sadly.)  The applications themselves are free, and they all contain some streaming content for free.  If you are a subscriber to a supported cable provider, you are able to unlock additional content.  Currently. all three applications list specific support for Comcast and DirecTV customers among "other cable subscribers", and they say that support for more providers is on the way.

I poked around in all three applications and the experience seems nice.  You're bombarded with a simplistic and smooth view of some Featured Content that you can scroll through, and a tap on the top left hand corner button gives you a menu allowing you to actually find what you're looking for and access the settings of the application.  The video playing seemed to be of decent quality, and loading times were acceptable.  I am not a cable subscriber, so I am unable to test the premium content sections of the application.

Anyone trying these out?  Do you get the paid content through your cable provider?  Let us know below!

jwCLjPp.png  jjmy2II.png  jnBUbu7.png  jjmy2II.png  uXc7NYK.png  jjmy2II.png

Jerrod #2

Jerrod
  • 265 posts
  • Device: Nexus 5, Nexus 7 2012 tablet

Posted Jun 19 '13 @ 12:46 PM

I have Direct TV and I think I  have all of these channels so I am going to try at least the History channel.  Lifetime eh I dunno.

Christopher Coleman #3

Christopher Coleman
  • Management
  • 877 posts
  • Device: Motorola RAZR MAXX & Nexus 7

Posted Jun 19 '13 @ 4:09 PM

Cool! Let us know what you think.

Sent from my XT908 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

showboxmovies #4

showboxmovies
  • 1 posts

Posted Mar 15 '17 @ 4:05 AM

if you love to stream movies and TV shows so then you can now do this on your android phone by just downloading Showbox App get all the info about the app from here

braveluke #5

braveluke
  • 12 posts

Posted Mar 21 '17 @ 4:57 PM

I have Direct TV and I think I  have all of these channels so I am going to try at least the History channel.  Lifetime eh I dunno.

I like watching direct TV too. However, I want to try mobile version . Why don't you talk more about these channels? If I know what they have, I could try sometime.