Photo

Do You Use Social Networking?

Started by Cory Streater ,
Twitter Facebook Google Plus Social Networking Instagram

Poll: Do You Use Social Networking? (17 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you use 1 or more of the following services?

1. Google Plus (15 votes [37.50%])

Percentage of vote: 37.50%

2. Twitter (8 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

3. Facebook (8 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

4. Instagram (5 votes [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

5. Other (4 votes [10.00%])

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

On average, how often do you share/tweet per week?

1. None (3 votes [17.65%])

Percentage of vote: 17.65%

2. 1 to 5 (7 votes [41.18%])

Percentage of vote: 41.18%

3. 5 to 10 (5 votes [29.41%])

Percentage of vote: 29.41%

4. 10 to 20 (1 votes [5.88%])

Percentage of vote: 5.88%

5. 20 or more (1 votes [5.88%])

Percentage of vote: 5.88%

Vote Please Login To Vote:

Cory Streater #1

Cory Streater
  • Your Wish Is My Command
  • 1533 posts
  • Device: Samsung S6 Edge

Posted Jun 21 '13 @ 11:07 AM

I struggle to use any of these services. I just have too much going on during the day, and I have trouble focusing on too many things at once.

Chime in.

C Sab #2

C Sab
  • Your alternative tech/photography guy from the North.
  • 990 posts
  • Device: Nexus 5, Nexus 10, Nikon D3100

Posted Jun 21 '13 @ 2:17 PM

I mostly just use them to see what others are doing, I don't post as much as I use to.

Christopher Coleman #3

Christopher Coleman
  • Management
  • 877 posts
  • Device: Motorola RAZR MAXX & Nexus 7

Posted Jun 21 '13 @ 6:40 PM

I use them occasionally.  Facebook is a great tool for keeping up with long distance friends.  I've only got 30-40 people on my friends list there.  Twitter is much more of a free for all in terms of who I follow / let follow me but I also don't tweet much at all.  G+ is more for the nerdy crowd so stuff in that realm gets shared there, but again, I post rarely unless it's TAC related.

I used to use Facebook a LOT, but I guess at some point I grew up a little and get tired of the every day / every hour useless updates and ambiguous cry for attention shit that I was seeing constantly.  So, I killed the account and started fresh; and now I have much less of that to see and ignore it when I do.

As a child who grew up during a widespread embrace of many social networks I was a key demographic, so as much as I feel like an asshole for saying so, it WAS sort of difficult to remove myself from the habit of thinking a little harder before I post.

Cyber Warrior #4

Cyber Warrior
  • Robots Will Kill
  • 1500 posts
  • Device: GS4 N7

Posted Jun 21 '13 @ 6:51 PM

I mostly use Google Plus and like it the best out of everything else. Here's my breakdown:

Twitter: Good if you're a celebrity, famous and have hundreds of thousands of people following you wanting to read little snippets of your life throughout the day.

Facebook: Broken down into 3 categories:

1. Good for re-uniting with people from your past who you've forgotten about and have no plans on ever staying in touch with... till this day I get friend requests from old classmates/friends who I could care less about.. > Accept friend request > Great > Never speak or hear from them ever again.. I do enjoy seeing how they've changed over the years though, it's pretty funny. 

2. Family and friends who you speak to on a regular basis or once in a while but are too lazy to pick up a phone and have an actual conversation with. I do think it's pretty good for sharing photos and stuff though.

3. The annoying people who insist on posting every little thing they do throughout the day.. e.g. "I just ate lasagna for dinner, it was delicious.. time to go walk the dog"   ..F'ing Great! I could care less lol. (this is the main reason I stopped using Facebook 5 years ago)

Google +: I find this to be the best out of the three.. I don't get the annoying little updates of someones life throughout the day or friend requests from people I haven't seen in twenty years.. and I think it's the most intuitive the way Google integrates their services all in one... from Chrome to Gmail to Drive to Hangouts and so on, everything is one package and syncs together nicely. Then again this could be because I don't have those type of friends in my circles.. I'll use it for socializing with internet buddies and following people I'm interested in, mostly all Android related.

tacsig513.png

: : C  H  A  N  N  E  L   Y  O  U  R    M  E  D  I  A : :

Christopher Coleman #5

Christopher Coleman
  • Management
  • 877 posts
  • Device: Motorola RAZR MAXX & Nexus 7

Posted Jun 21 '13 @ 8:03 PM

I sort of agree on the Facebook front but disagree with the lazy insinuation. Photo sharing is wonderful and it also boils down to schedules. It's hard to get coordinated to make phone calls and honestly I'm boring as hell on the phone. I find keyboards a much more comfortable way of communicating a majority of the time.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Phil Tann #6

Phil Tann
  • 19 posts
  • Device: Galaxy SIII and Nexus 7

Posted Jun 22 '13 @ 3:07 AM

Facebook: remember when you took a photo of your dinner, took the film in to be developed, picked up the photo, took it to your friends house and showed that photo of your dinner to them saying 'this was delicious'? No? Me either... STOP IT! Twitter: amusing moments that you feel need to be shared, but don't really care if people miss it. G+: teach crowd without the spam and general crap posts. I read nearly every post on here, because I want to! I see social media as a way to broadcast your life not as a communication tool. Slight, but important line to draw. Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Updated by Phil Tann, Jun 22 '13 @ 3:08 AM.

Phil Tann

Writer/Podcast host

Ausdroid Media

www.ausdroid.net

zero neck #7

zero neck
  • The Ever-Living
  • 63 posts
  • Device: One.

Posted Jun 25 '13 @ 8:06 PM

recently deleted my fb, have g+ but dont use it, have linked in but dont use it, never been on twitter in my life.

dunno if my myspace from 11 years ago still exists or not. haha

Phil Tann #8

Phil Tann
  • 19 posts

Posted Jun 25 '13 @ 8:47 PM

Score!
A Facebook free life, oh that sounds so sweet!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Phil Tann

Writer/Podcast host

Ausdroid Media

www.ausdroid.net

7stringer #9

7stringer
  • 161 posts
  • Device: HTC One (AT&T)

Posted Jun 26 '13 @ 12:48 PM

I use them all the time, for everything, for every reason people hate them. 

That's me. 

I have the Rickets! 

Phil Tann #10

Phil Tann
  • 19 posts

Posted Jun 26 '13 @ 3:23 PM

Don't hate the player, hate the game?

Kinda a nerdy "that's what she said" isn't it?

Phil Tann

Writer/Podcast host

Ausdroid Media

www.ausdroid.net

Lee Bo #11

Lee Bo
  • Android Addict
  • 242 posts
  • Device: Currently rocking the Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Posted Jul 4 '13 @ 10:35 AM

Pretty much exactly what Cyber Warrior said.

I use Facebook to keep up with childhood friends and family members all over the world.

I use Twitter to get up to the minute news, weather and traffic info.

Google+ just kicks ass.  Plus, I've had the honor of meeting (in a hangout, anyway) a lot of you that I probably wouldn't have got to do anywhere else.

Twitter: @Android_Lee

N3xs #12

N3xs
  • Towel Porter
  • 211 posts
  • Device: Toro, Flo, Grouper, Manta

Posted Jul 9 '13 @ 8:38 AM

I use Facebook because everyone I know is on there, so I can keep up with my family and friends from abroad and other states... also, my friends tend to create events and send group messages through there because again, everyone's on there...

I use Twitter as an RSS Feed... I never tweet (I have a few times in years), and I decline follow requests religiously unless I know you from somewhere else because who wants to follow me anyways if I don't tweet..not to mention that most if not all requests are SPAM..

I use G+ to read about what interests me and to talk to people who have the same interests... I share some things publicly but not much and I have a few friends on there but they're not really active.... I do share all pics and videos via G+ instead of FB like all my other friends do, to lure them in little by little :P ...."hey didn't you take pics this weekend? I wanna see them!" --- "Yeah. check your G+ they're all there" 

Finally, I use Instagram... yup ... it's got video y'all!! ;) 

dmmarck #13

dmmarck
  • Ombudsman of Mountain View
  • 1381 posts
  • Device: NEXII

Posted Jul 9 '13 @ 7:18 PM

Sometimes I use G+, sometimes I ignore it for months. Lots of circle jerking there.

I primarily use Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

tacsig513.png

UNLEASH THE BEAST: General Nexus 5 Hackery

LG NEXUS 5 - Black 16GB, Android 4.4 KitKat, Unlocked, Rooted, franco.Kernel

ASUS NEXUS 7 (2013) - Black 16GB, Android 4.3 Jelly Bean, Unlocked

C Sab #14

C Sab
  • 990 posts

Posted Jul 10 '13 @ 11:43 AM

Woot!

http://goo.gl/Bh2C0

N3xs #15

N3xs
  • Towel Porter
  • 211 posts
  • Device: Toro, Flo, Grouper, Manta

Posted Jul 10 '13 @ 12:14 PM

I love G+ and it is by far my favorite social network... but, the stats are hard to believe when literally out of all the people I know (friends, family, friends of friends, friends of family, colleagues) only one uses G+ on a regular basis... 

I just wish all my FB friends could migrate to G+ just like the great Myspace exodus... alas it seems it'll remain wishful thinking for now 

C Sab #16

C Sab
  • 990 posts

Posted Jul 10 '13 @ 12:24 PM

I love G+ and it is by far my favorite social network... but, the stats are hard to believe when literally out of all the people I know (friends, family, friends of friends, friends of family, colleagues) only one uses G+ on a regular basis... 

I just wish all my FB friends could migrate to G+ just like the great Myspace exodus... alas it seems it'll remain wishful thinking for now 

Give it time. With how Facebook is these days, people will start leaving in droves.

• N3xs likes this

Treknologist #17

Treknologist
  • 128 posts
  • Device: Nexus 5, Nexus 7, Transformer Pad TF701T

Posted Jul 22 '13 @ 10:29 AM

I am a member of both Google+ and Twitter but, to be honest, Google+ is my social network of choice.  I hardly ever post anything on Twitter.  I much prefer how things can be organized on Google+ and I find the interactions are much better than the crap I used to see on Facebook.

I choose Android...it's only logical.  VulcanSalute_zps9ab5f775.gif

TreknologistBanner2_zps4447248b.png

Reply to this topic