Started by Lee Bo ,

• Sign In To Reply:  

Lee Bo #1

Lee Bo
  • Android Addict
  • 242 posts
  • Device: Currently rocking the Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Posted Jul 1 '13 @ 7:13 AM

Anyone else out there rooted their Note II?  Right now I really don't see a need (other than just to do it any maybe freeze the VZW crapware).

Thoughts?

Twitter: @Android_Lee

Cyber Warrior #2

Cyber Warrior
  • Robots Will Kill
  • 1500 posts
  • Device: GS4 N7

Posted Jul 1 '13 @ 8:00 AM

I wouldn't custom ROM it unless it were a stock rooted ROM like CleanROM... otherwise you'll lose all the great features including S Pen that makes the Note a Note. If you're just looking to freeze bloat, JellyBean allows you to disable apps but if you want to 'remove' them to maybe free up space, then yea root it.

Here's what I would do if it were my device.. Unlock the bootloader (wipes the sd card) and root it. Put CleanROM on it.. this way you still have all the features but you'll be able to remove whatever you want, add mods, and even get free wifi tethering. This is what I did when I first bought my GS3. It was the first phone to where I didn't want to ROM the phone because I actually enjoyed the features. Then I found out about CleanROM.. which is 100% stable and a exact copy of Samsungs stock image, just rooted.

I recently just unlocked my Nexus 10.. not because I'm looking to change anything but just incase one day I'm bored and feel like toying around with something different... this way all the hard work is out of the way.

• lpt2569 likes this

tacsig513.png

: : C  H  A  N  N  E  L   Y  O  U  R    M  E  D  I  A : :

lpt2569 #3

lpt2569
  • 185 posts
  • Device: GNote2 & N7 Flo

Posted Jul 1 '13 @ 8:05 AM

Rooted running JellyBeans ROM, which is based on stock TW.  I like the customizations it offers above and beyond the cool TW Note features, and it adds an AOSP theme to the look and feel of the TW components.  And I like using TiBu, and the ability to use all my apps in the multiview/multiwindow feature, and adding stuff like the new Google Boot Animation.  Plus, if you want options like PIE Controls or Floating MultiWindows, you need root.

But, I agree, with a launcher and all the different customization apps out there, I can understand not rooting.

Roll with stock for a while and see if you feel like you are wanting something different or are missing anything.

In the end, I unlock and root all my devices simply because I can, and it gives me more options to do what I want, if and when I want to.

Cyber Warrior #4

Cyber Warrior
  • Robots Will Kill
  • 1500 posts
  • Device: GS4 N7

Posted Jul 1 '13 @ 8:15 AM

^This.  ...JellyBeans ROM is another good choice.

tacsig513.png

: : C  H  A  N  N  E  L   Y  O  U  R    M  E  D  I  A : :

faizybaig #5

faizybaig
  • 4 posts

Posted Feb 6 '15 @ 12:48 PM

I used z4root app to root my device

Brucey #6

Brucey
  • 16 posts

Posted Oct 7 '15 @ 11:14 PM

This is really a good choice.

Magento 2 themes and Magento product widget is the next generation of E-commerce website.

Updated by Brucey, Jan 25 '16 @ 11:04 PM.