• 1 posts

Posted Dec 23 '13 @ 7:14 PM

Worked great!!!

Thanks so much for your help.

Jeromy #32

Jeromy
  • 1 posts

Posted Dec 30 '13 @ 10:59 AM

Cory,  I really appreciate this information.  It worked perfectly.

ou812 #33

ou812
  • 4 posts

Posted Jan 18 '14 @ 2:03 AM

I keep getting a FAIL! (Auth) message. Any suggestions?

Cyber Warrior #34

Cyber Warrior
  • Robots Will Kill
  • 1500 posts
  • Device: GS4 N7

Posted Jan 18 '14 @ 7:40 AM

I keep getting a FAIL! (Auth) message. Any suggestions?

Can you go to System Settings > More > About Device.. And tell me what Android Version and Baseband Version your phone says. Thanks.

tacsig513.png

: : C  H  A  N  N  E  L   Y  O  U  R    M  E  D  I  A : :

ou812 #35

ou812
  • 4 posts

Posted Jan 18 '14 @ 11:18 AM

Unfortunately, no. My phone is in a soft brick state currently. If i turn the phone on I get the "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please use Software Repair Assistant & try again." I can only get into the download mode.

I do know that I did have Android 4.1.2 and made the mistake of doing the OTA update to 4.3 the other day. I was not happy with 4.3 at all and I was wanting to go back to 4.1.2.

Cyber Warrior #36

Cyber Warrior
  • Robots Will Kill
  • 1500 posts

Posted Jan 18 '14 @ 12:44 PM

Okay that's what I needed to know, whether you were on 4.3. Unfortunately the 4.3 ota locked the bootloader and there's no going back. Once you take the 4.3 Over The Air update, the bootloader becomes locked and there's no going back/downgrading.. If you try, you will brick your phone.. as you can tell. Once you're on 4.3,your only option is to root the phone.. no more flashing ROMs, unlocked bootloaders or custom recoveries. Samsung has locked things down with the new update and there's no cracking it. You may be able to root and use something called Safe Strap which will flash custom ROMs bypassing the stock partition.. I would have to double check and see if it's available for the SG3 on 4.3. I know we have Safe Strap for the GS4,which is what I have, and I believe it's not supported past 4.2. Samsungs not messing around anymore. The days of an unlocked Samsung phone are coming to an end.

The bad news is up until a few days ago, you had a new paper weight. The good news is, Sam Mobile just released the stock 4.3 images three days ago.

This will return your phone back to stock 4.3. Download and extract the stock tar file and flash in the pda section of Odin. It's 100% stock, no root. Let me know if you need help with instructions on using Odin. Once your phone is back to stock, never try downgrading again.. The most you can do now is root which will require a different set of instructions for that specific firmware. I have those too if you need them, just let me know and I'll post them for you.

DOWNLOAD LINK | File name: I535VRUCML1_I535VZWCML1_VZW.zip (944.4 MB)
http://terafile.co/9...VZWCML1_VZW.zip

tacsig513.png

ou812 #37

ou812
  • 4 posts

Posted Jan 18 '14 @ 1:41 PM

Thats my luck....I learn and find out things the hard way...lol. Thanks for all the great info and help!

I am downloading the file from the link you provided now. Hopefully all goes well. I did have another quick question.....and sorry if I sound like a complete newbie....but I am....I had gone to Sam Mobile to try and download the 4.1.2 file earlier yesterday and it never would download. I created a profile and signed in and whenever I would click download it would take me to another page and would never download. Was I missing something? 

Again....thanks for all your help so far!

Cyber Warrior #38

Cyber Warrior
  • Robots Will Kill
  • 1500 posts

Posted Jan 18 '14 @ 1:52 PM

Hmm not sure, never used Sam mobile before but just tried now and seen there's a waiting period unless you have a premium membership. I usually look for other links if sites force things upon me.

I don't like waiting. ;) here's a mirror download if you want it now. http://rapidgator.ne...28f711b188e7bda

tacsig513.png

ou812 #39

ou812
  • 4 posts

Posted Jan 18 '14 @ 3:36 PM

Just got done loading 4.3. Worked great! Thanks again for the help!!!!

• Cyber Warrior likes this

Cyber Warrior #40

Cyber Warrior
  • Robots Will Kill
  • 1500 posts

Posted Jan 18 '14 @ 4:07 PM

Just got done loading 4.3. Worked great! Thanks again for the help!!!!

Cool.. You're welcome.

tacsig513.png

Jerniganc #41

Jerniganc
  • 4 posts

Posted Feb 1 '14 @ 9:56 AM

Loved this guide and it was very easy to follow.  My reasons for returning my phone to stock is as follows --

I was running CM 10.1.3 and decided to upgrade to 10.2 using the CM updater.  Well after this it 0'ed out my IMEI and I was unable to make/receive calls.  I was able to restore my IMEI but was still unable to make/receive calls.  For whatever reason my APN's would not save so I decided to use this guide to return to stock and unroot thinking it would solve my issues... unfortunately it did not.  I am able to use data but still unable to make/receive calls.  I am currently on 4.1.2 I535VRBMF1

Jerniganc #42

Jerniganc
  • 4 posts

Posted Feb 1 '14 @ 10:20 AM

Loved this guide and it was very easy to follow.  My reasons for returning my phone to stock is as follows --

I was running CM 10.1.3 and decided to upgrade to 10.2 using the CM updater.  Well after this it 0'ed out my IMEI and I was unable to make/receive calls.  I was able to restore my IMEI but was still unable to make/receive calls.  For whatever reason my APN's would not save so I decided to use this guide to return to stock and unroot thinking it would solve my issues... unfortunately it did not.  I am able to use data but still unable to make/receive calls.  I am currently on 4.1.2 I535VRBMF1

One other thing.  I can send/receive text messages.

Cyber Warrior #43

Cyber Warrior
  • Robots Will Kill
  • 1500 posts

Posted Feb 1 '14 @ 10:30 AM

It can happen on the S3 when flashing ROMs.Its recommended to backup your imei # before flashing custom software. I never ran into the issue myself but I think ASOP ROMs such as CM cause the issue more often. Anyway, back up your imei # in the future.

Here's a guide to repair/fix it:
http://droidmodderx....ys3/?page_id=79

tacsig513.png

Cyber Warrior #44

Cyber Warrior
  • Robots Will Kill
  • 1500 posts

Posted Feb 1 '14 @ 10:36 AM

Loved this guide and it was very easy to follow. My reasons for returning my phone to stock is as follows --

I was running CM 10.1.3 and decided to upgrade to 10.2 using the CM updater. Well after this it 0'ed out my IMEI and I was unable to make/receive calls. I was able to restore my IMEI but was still unable to make/receive calls. For whatever reason my APN's would not save so I decided to use this guide to return to stock and unroot thinking it would solve my issues... unfortunately it did not. I am able to use data but still unable to make/receive calls. I am currently on 4.1.2 I535VRBMF1

One other thing. I can send/receive text messages.
ODINning back to stock will not fix the imei. It has to be repaired on its own..The above guide I linked may or may not work with the new 4.3 software, I know it worked on previous firmwares.You may be SOL and need a new unit if the guide doesn't repair it.. or possibly send it somewhere to get fixed. There's a software/piece of equipment called octoplus box that repairs imei #'s. You can YouTube it.

tacsig513.png

Jerniganc #45

Jerniganc
  • 4 posts

Posted Feb 1 '14 @ 10:43 AM

My IMEI is fine now, I was able to repair it before I used this guide to Odin back to stock.  My issue now is I cannot make/receive calls but can send text messages, data, etc.

Cyber Warrior #46

Cyber Warrior
  • Robots Will Kill
  • 1500 posts

Posted Feb 1 '14 @ 10:48 AM

After repairing your IMEI, were you able to make calls? Or did the problem happen after this stock guide? Sounds like it was never fully repaired. You might wanna call your carrier and see if they can reset/repair something on their end, just don't mention you were hacking your phone.

tacsig513.png

Jerniganc #47

Jerniganc
  • 4 posts

Posted Feb 1 '14 @ 11:00 AM

After repairing your IMEI, were you able to make calls? Or did the problem happen after this stock guide? Sounds like it was never fully repaired. You might wanna call your carrier and see if they can reset/repair something on their end, just don't mention you were hacking your phone.

After I repaired it I was still unable to make calls.  I used this guide thinking that moving back to stock might fix the issue.  Did a factory reset to see if I could clear up the "factory test" error I was getting and now the phone is stuck in roaming.

Delinda Carpenter #48

Delinda Carpenter
  • 1 posts

Posted Feb 25 '14 @ 9:30 PM

This helped me a lot thanks it got me back into my phone. I thought I messed up cause I bought it rooted and had no idea and tried to get it out before I saw this. Thanks  :)

• Cory Streater and Cyber Warrior like this

Cory Streater #49

Cory Streater
  • Your Wish Is My Command
  • 1533 posts
  • Device: Samsung S6 Edge

Posted Feb 25 '14 @ 9:55 PM

You're welcome!

JakeMerrell #50

JakeMerrell
  • 4 posts

Posted Mar 17 '14 @ 7:38 PM

Please Help!

I followed the guide and all was well until it got stuck on Verizon logo. I tried to reboot while holding volume up home and power. It shows the Samsung logo and the unlocked icon on the bottom, it then turns off and it just keeps vibrating bleeps every 4 secs. It continues to vibrate for a split second every 4 seconds and will continue to do this for a very long time. When I let go it will just reboot and get stuck at the Verizon logo. I am coming from Cyanogenmod 10.

Thanks,

Jake

Cyber Warrior #51

Cyber Warrior
  • Robots Will Kill
  • 1500 posts

Posted Mar 17 '14 @ 7:50 PM

Please Help!
I followed the guide and all was well until it got stuck on Verizon logo. I tried to reboot while holding volume up home and power. It shows the Samsung logo and the unlocked icon on the bottom, it then turns off and it just keeps vibrating bleeps every 4 secs. It continues to vibrate for a split second every 4 seconds and will continue to do this for a very long time. When I let go it will just reboot and get stuck at the Verizon logo. I am coming from Cyanogenmod 10.
Thanks,
Jake

Is the device charged? You may be on low battery.

To boot into recovery, turn the device off. (pull battery)
Hold home, volume up and power. When you see blue text flash at the top of the screen, release power only. Continue holding HOME and volume up until you see recovery start.

Let me know if that works, also let the phone charge for a while, it might be too low.

tacsig513.png

JakeMerrell #52

JakeMerrell
  • 4 posts

Posted Mar 17 '14 @ 8:03 PM

Please Help!
Thanks,
Jake

Is the device charged? You may be on low battery.

To boot into recovery, turn the device off. (pull battery)
Hold home, volume up and power. When you see blue text flash at the top of the screen, release power only. Continue holding HOME and volume up until you see recovery start.

Let me know if that works, also let the phone charge for a while, it might be too low.

I don't ever get to the screen that shows the blue text. I have the battery at about 70%, it was at 100% when I started the process. I am at a loss here...I appreciate your help.

Cyber Warrior #53

Cyber Warrior
  • Robots Will Kill
  • 1500 posts

Posted Mar 17 '14 @ 8:13 PM

Wait.. It's not up, it's down. Hold volume down, then home, then power in that order.. Hold until you see blue text, release power only and continue to hold home and volume.

tacsig513.png

JakeMerrell #54

JakeMerrell
  • 4 posts

Posted Mar 17 '14 @ 8:36 PM

Wait.. It's not up, it's down. Hold volume down, then home, then power in that order.. Hold until you see blue text, release power only and continue to hold home and volume.

I tried that as well with the same result. I only get the Samsung logo and the icon of the unlocked lock on the bottom. If I continue to hold it, it just goes to a blank screen and vibrates for a sec every 4 seconds. If I let go of the power button when I see the screen described it will boot and get stuck on the Verizon logo.

Cyber Warrior #55

Cyber Warrior
  • Robots Will Kill
  • 1500 posts

Posted Mar 17 '14 @ 9:11 PM

If you can't get into download mode, you could try a USB jig. Since your phone can at least power on and tries to go into download mode, the jig should definitely help push it the rest of the way.. I believe it's $8 for one.. Personally I've never tried it but I've heard good things.
Info:Samsung Galaxy S (How-To Unbrick *USB JIG Method*):
The video description has the link for buying the jigs.

There's also another video on YouTube in which you store an unbrick file on the SD card to boot the phone up.. once booted up, you can then flash the stock firmware via Odin.
Info:Unbrick hard bricked Verizon Galaxy S3 running 4.…:

Sorry I couldnt help any further.. you should be fine with either method above in getting your phone working again so good luck, let me know how it goes if you can.

tacsig513.png

JakeMerrell #56

JakeMerrell
  • 4 posts

Posted Mar 18 '14 @ 8:54 PM

Well I tried both of the suggested methods outlined above. If anyone else has any ideas or thoughts please let me know. Thanks!

malik1994 #57

malik1994
  • 90 posts

Posted Nov 10 '15 @ 10:23 PM

totally descripitive and cool sharing.