Started by creccaj ,

• Sign In To Reply:  

creccaj #1

creccaj
  • Wait, wut?
  • 421 posts
  • Device: Hammerhead | Flo

Posted Jul 3 '13 @ 6:34 AM

According to: http://mobilesyrup.c...asus-live-chat/ we might be seeing a new Nexus 7 this summer which is a damn good thing.  Only 2 things that worry me about this find.  First, Google hasn't said anything about it yet and if ASUS is claiming its coming this soon we should have heard about it from Google by now.  Second, if ASUS is having issues now with the current Nexus 7 whats stopping it from having the same issues.  

Granted, its a great tablet for the price but if they don't fix the issues that causes the massive slowdown of hardware after a year or more of use then its going to be a hard sell for those who have somewhat of a sour taste in their mouth.  

tacsig513.png

Nexus 5 - Stock w/ Franco Test 8 | Nexus 7 2013 - PA 3.99 | Mako (Retired) - Purity ROM

Moderator - Accountant - Android Enthusiast

Cyber Warrior #2

Cyber Warrior
  • Robots Will Kill
  • 1500 posts
  • Device: GS4 N7

Posted Jul 3 '13 @ 10:04 AM

Should be around July (Second Generation Nexus 7).. the one year mark of the first Nexus 7.. replacing the Tegra 3 with Qualcomms Snapdragon seems like a good step in the right direction. Also putting in 32gb of internal memory should also help.. it seems a lot of the complaints are when the tablets memory falls under the 2GB mark, causing the lag. Another thing to keep in mind is that it's a $200 tablet and sometimes you get what you pay for.. no excuse but hey, sometimes its true.

Ohh.. and then there's also Key Lime Pie which is supposed to be the next step in optimizing Androids OS. :)

tacsig513.png

: : C  H  A  N  N  E  L   Y  O  U  R    M  E  D  I  A : :

creccaj #3

creccaj
  • Wait, wut?
  • 421 posts
  • Device: Hammerhead | Flo

Posted Jul 4 '13 @ 5:27 AM

Yes that is very true.  I really don't want to spend the money on a 10" tablet yet considering that my iPad isn't dead yet.  Would rather spend the money on a new 7" tablet and then probably move everything over to 7".  Sometimes the bigger tablets are a pain to carry around.  

tacsig513.png

Nexus 5 - Stock w/ Franco Test 8 | Nexus 7 2013 - PA 3.99 | Mako (Retired) - Purity ROM

Moderator - Accountant - Android Enthusiast

C Sab #4

C Sab
  • Your alternative tech/photography guy from the North.
  • 990 posts
  • Device: Nexus 5, Nexus 10, Nikon D3100

Posted Jul 4 '13 @ 12:06 PM

I've never had a problem carrying my Nexus 10 around, though I am curious as to how they'll improve on the Nexus 7 with this one.

dmmarck #5

dmmarck
  • Ombudsman of Mountain View
  • 1381 posts
  • Device: NEXII

Posted Jul 4 '13 @ 12:12 PM

Can't wait.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

tacsig513.png

UNLEASH THE BEAST: General Nexus 5 Hackery

LG NEXUS 5 - Black 16GB, Android 4.4 KitKat, Unlocked, Rooted, franco.Kernel

ASUS NEXUS 7 (2013) - Black 16GB, Android 4.3 Jelly Bean, Unlocked