Started by Cory Streater ,

• Sign In To Reply:  

Cory Streater #1

Cory Streater
  • Your Wish Is My Command
  • 1533 posts
  • Device: Samsung S6 Edge

Posted Jul 11 '13 @ 11:34 AM

Original Droid - of all the phones I've owned, this was my least favorite for a variety of reasons. I never particularly liked the looks of it, and Android had yet to implement a variety of features that I sorely missed — such as copy and paste. A friend nagged and nagged me to buy it, and had it not been for him, who knows when I would have entered the world of Android. The first time I pulled it out of the box, it went into a boot loop and repeatedly saying "Droid...Droid....Droid." I was talking to my aforementioned friend and he was laughing his ass off.

Droid Incredible — loved this phone. Great screen at the time and FAST.

HTC EVO 4G — having experienced the screen quality and speed of the Incredible. I was pretty disappointed with this phone. The service was terrible too. I could carve messages into a stone and deliver them faster than Sprint could.

Droid X — This ended up being my last Moto phone. While I appreciated the solid build quality of the phone, I never could get used to Motoblur.

Fascinate — this phone gotta a ton of crap, but I was quite fond of it. It was particularly fun to hack. Ah... come to think of it, I HATED the GPS on this phone.

Verizon Thunderbolt — I wouldn't wish that phone on my worst enemy.

Galaxy S II — Verizon skipped this phone in favor of the Galaxy Nexus. I tried it on Sprint for a few days... Dial-up speeds were faster than Sprint's 3G network.

Galaxy Nexus — a combination of Android at its best, and Verizon at its very worst.

Galaxy S III  — mostly positive about this phone, but getting a little tired of Touchwiz at this point.

Nexus 4 — I will never own another non Nexus phone.

Nexus 7 — I love this tablet. It's the perfect size and of course running stock Android.

• Ahowe125 likes this

C Sab #2

C Sab
  • Your alternative tech/photography guy from the North.
  • 990 posts
  • Device: Nexus 5, Nexus 10, Nikon D3100

Posted Jul 11 '13 @ 11:57 AM

Only one phone so far.

HTC Evo 3D- Aside from some issues where the phone will just crash and I have to reboot it again this phone has made me realize Android is king of the mobile OS's, and still seems like it will be for years.

Tablets:

Nexus 10- All I can say is, I love everything about this tablet, IMO it's still the best 10" tablet out there period.

• Cory Streater likes this

Cory Streater #3

Cory Streater
  • 1533 posts

Posted Jul 11 '13 @ 12:05 PM

Android is king of the mobile OS's, and still seems like it will be for years.

I forget to mention this. Totally agree!

C Sab #4

C Sab
  • 990 posts

Posted Jul 11 '13 @ 12:07 PM

Android is king of the mobile OS's, and still seems like it will be for years.

I forget to mention this. Totally agree!

I mean, iOS has become stagnant over the last 2-3 years, BB would be my 2nd choice, and Windows Mobile? Hell no.

Jerrod #5

Jerrod
  • 265 posts
  • Device: Nexus 5, Nexus 7 2012 tablet

Posted Jul 11 '13 @ 12:19 PM

Not much history I guess.  Started with Moto original droid with keyboard.  I just had to have a keyboard for my long skinny fingers. Overall I really liked this phone.  I just dropped it down the stairway while getting it out to double check it was a Moto.  I was always dropping this phone and it never stopped working.  Eventually it ran out of app space -phone still worked but was only upgraded to 2.2 and then no more space.  Every 3 minutes it was giving me a warning even though it would continue to work.

Next phone was Galaxy Nexus on Verizon - this was after I found Android forums and learned about stock Android vs OEMs.  This is still my phone.  I like the performance, I really like the looks with no buttons but I really don't like the plastic in this thing.  I am constantly afraid I am going to drop and destroy it. So far no damage and no screen scratches. Oh, and no more physical keyboards for me.

Nexus 7 - I like the form factor of this tablet.  Easy enough to carry although there is no way it is going into a pocket.  Can also see the performance improvement over the Galaxy Nexus.  I know the Nexus 4 is even better but i'll wait to see what's coming out later this year.  

lpt2569 #6

lpt2569
  • 185 posts
  • Device: GNote2 & N7 Flo

Posted Jul 11 '13 @ 1:05 PM

I had BB for about 5 years or so before January 2011, when I got the...

Samsung Continuum as my first Android phone, which was complete crap, I used it for about two months, and it almost made me get an iPhone.  Instead I got the...

Samsung Fascinate, which I actually fell in love with, I fell in love with Android, and I eventually rooted it and became a HUGE fan of everything Android at that point.  Signal and GPS were shitty, and I decided I wanted a 4G phone after awhile, so I bought on eBay the...

Samsung Droid Charge, which was actually fairly decent, but it was a bastard child of Samsung and Verizon, and got little to no support.  So it was at that point, spring of 2012, I decided I wanted the...

Samsung Galaxy Nexus. What the Fascinate did for me and my love of Android, the Nexus line made me fall in love all over again with Android, and all things Google.  Flashing ROMS was never so easy, and I probably went through at least a dozen different ROMS on that thing for the 8 months I had it.  Shame how VZW treated that phone, and it had a weak-ass signal and crappy battery life.  When I was eligible for another upgrade in December 2012, I was tempted to switch to AT&T to get the Nexus 4 (I actually ordered one when it went on sale in anticipation of leaving VZW), but instead I stayed with VZW and went with the...

Samsung Galaxy Note 2.  Hands down this is the best device I've ever used.  I love the size, I love the software, I love everything about it, other than one minor gripe, which is the 16GB on-board storage.  Only reason it becomes an issue is when my 4 year old wants to download another game and I run out of room.  Otherwise I keep my music and pics on the SD card, no problems whatsoever.  I can't wait to see what they do with the Note 3.

Yes, I like Samsung.  But I have also used, rooted and ROM'd a couple HTC phones, but never stuck with them as my daily drivers.  I had a Thunderbolt for about a week (what a tank, and a gigantic turd of a phone), and a Rezound for about a month, which was ok, but I got bored with it quickly.

I currently own and use on a daily basis two tablets: for morning news while sitting on the pot, forum surfing, and nightly book-reading, I use the Asus Nexus 7 tablet, which I love, but it has showed signs of slowing down, which makes me sad.  I am looking forward to the new N7 tablet, I will most definitely pick one up.  And for grad school I picked up a Samsung Galaxy Note 10, the multiwindow and S-Pen are awesome for class, and syncing my notes and papers, etc with Google Drive.

In addition to my Note2, I wish I could have a Nexus 4, the LG Optimus G Pro, and the Samsung GS4 Active.  I should have switched to AT&T when I had the chance.   :angry:

Depending on price and availability, I think I might get the Samsung Ativ Q hybrid Win8/Android machine to replace our aging Dell laptop.  I'm getting pretty jazzed to see what the Moto X phone brings, and all the other new stuff coming this fall.

Updated by lpt2569, Jul 11 '13 @ 1:15 PM.

C Sab #7

C Sab
  • 990 posts

Posted Jul 11 '13 @ 1:34 PM

I wanna get the S4, to match my Samsung LED 60" TV, Samsung Blu-Ray Player, etc. Samsung makes great stuff all-around.

• lpt2569 likes this

dmmarck #8

dmmarck
  • Ombudsman of Mountain View
  • 1381 posts
  • Device: NEXII

Posted Jul 11 '13 @ 2:27 PM

I wanna get the S4, to match my Samsung LED 60" TV, Samsung Blu-Ray Player, etc. Samsung makes great stuff all-around.

I had a ~40 inch Samsung LED and it had crazy backlight issues.  Was the saddest day of my life :(

Droid Incredible ==> Galaxy Nexus ==> HTC One

Nexus 7 ==> either Nexus 7.2 or...who knows.

tacsig513.png

UNLEASH THE BEAST: General Nexus 5 Hackery

LG NEXUS 5 - Black 16GB, Android 4.4 KitKat, Unlocked, Rooted, franco.Kernel

ASUS NEXUS 7 (2013) - Black 16GB, Android 4.3 Jelly Bean, Unlocked

C Sab #9

C Sab
  • 990 posts

Posted Jul 11 '13 @ 4:02 PM

I had a ~40 inch Samsung LED and it had crazy backlight issues.  Was the saddest day of my life :(

That is quite unfortunate. :/

dmmarck #10

dmmarck
  • 1381 posts

Posted Jul 11 '13 @ 4:48 PM

That is quite unfortunate. :/

Picture was AMAZING...except on dark screens.  Decided not to roll the dice and got an LG instead.

tacsig513.png

Jessesmith888 #11

Jessesmith888
  • 98 posts

Posted Jul 11 '13 @ 5:26 PM

DROID incredible DROID x Thunderbolt HTC rezound Xoom Galaxy nexus Galaxy s3 Nexus 7 (switch from Verizon to At&t) Htc one x Nexus 4 My favorite is always the phone I have at the time Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Updated by Jessesmith888, Jul 11 '13 @ 5:27 PM.

Cyber Warrior #12

Cyber Warrior
  • Robots Will Kill
  • 1500 posts
  • Device: GS4 N7

Posted Jul 11 '13 @ 7:50 PM

Droid X- I really enjoyed this phone, mainly because it was my first Android device. Great reception and battery life.. easy to hack which was nice because I had no clue at what I was doing. Having 4 physical hard keys was kind of strange but I quickly got used to it. Actually my one complaint was the hard keys.. they reminded me of the plastic buttons on the very first Nintendo remote lol.

HTC Thunderbolt- Surprisingly I enjoyed the phone (at the time). It was my first phone with capacitive buttons so that was nice. The first phone with 4G LTE so it was nice to be a part of that phase and really get to see some lighting speeds. I was fortunate enough to not be plagued by all of the complaints people had with the phone. I actually still have it in my drawer as a backup device. Now when I pick it up it feels like a brick but very well built.. mine is still in mint condition. Only complaint was battery life.

Galaxy Tab 7"- My first tablet, enjoyed the size but after a while wanted something bigger. No complaints except that Samsung completely ignored this tablet with any updates as the Galaxy Tab Plus took its place.

Droid Bionic- had the phone for a few days and returned it.. I couldn't get over the grainy screen and horrible Blur colors.

Galaxy Nexus- I really enjoyed this phone and the looks of it. The amount of dev support for this phone was ridiculous with all of the customization and it became overwhelming and a chore to constantly switch ROMs every other day.. I was so addicted. I really liked the feel of this phone and Im pretty certain I prefer having on screen buttons on my devices so this may affect my next purchase.

Galaxy Tab 8.9- sold my 7" GT for this.. really enjoyed the bigger screen. The screen was beautiful but there was some noticeable lag that even custom ROMs/Kernels couldn't fix.. overall I enjoyed it though.

Galaxy S3- My current phone and probably my most favorite overall based on the fact that I really enjoyed the phone straight out of the box.. I didnt hack or install any custom ROMs for months because there was no need to, eventually I did out of boredom. Currently I have AOSP running on it and love all the support this phone receives from the dev community. My only gripe is probably the home physical key.. like ive mentioned, I think I'm ready for on screen keys again.

Nexus 10- hands down the best tablet. I was afraid to step up to a 10" size as my GT8.9 felt like the perfect size but the N10 really fits and feels nice in the hands and is also light weight. I plan on keeping this for a long time, no desire for anything else... for now :P The screen is stunning and while I have the bootloader unlocked and rooted, Im still running on stock.

Oh and I also have an Asus Eee Pad Transformer laying around that I bought used but I barely even messed with it. Ive used it maybe 5 times, its on my list of things to sell, or possibly donate to another family member.

tacsig513.png

: : C  H  A  N  N  E  L   Y  O  U  R    M  E  D  I  A : :

7stringer #13

7stringer
  • 161 posts
  • Device: HTC One (AT&T)

Posted Jul 12 '13 @ 5:53 AM

I'm surprised so many of you jumped early on the Thunderbolt. It seems the progression was DX to TBolt, which means you had to buy it at full price (or buy the DX at full price). That's just ridiculous, folks. :)

DX-->Galaxy Nexus-->HTC One. 

Also have a Nexus 7 Tablet that I use for reading, occasional music, and to continue my flashing appetite. 

I have the Rickets! 

Cyber Warrior #14

Cyber Warrior
  • Robots Will Kill
  • 1500 posts

Posted Jul 12 '13 @ 7:47 AM

I'm surprised so many of you jumped early on the Thunderbolt. It seems the progression was DX to TBolt, which means you had to buy it at full price (or buy the DX at full price). That's just ridiculous, folks. :)

Also have a Nexus 7 Tablet that I use for reading, occasional music, and to continue my flashing appetite. 

Yea, the Bolt was pretty much the next must have device.. it was so hyped, and now that I'm thinking about it I remember the months of delay that phone had  -_-  Anyways I've always had a system with my devices in which it allowed me to upgrade frequently.. I was part of a family plan with my parents rocking dumb-phones and who never used their upgrades... so I always had an extra two upgrades available on top of my own line. I would buy my phones, for lets say $300 upgrade price... keep them for about 6 months to a year (in mint condition) and then sell them on eBay for basically the same price I bought them for.. so I was pretty much just swapping out my old phone for a new one.. for free :)  Those days are over though, Verizon and their no longer unlimited data on new contracts  :angry:

• 7stringer likes this

tacsig513.png

N3xs #15

N3xs
  • Towel Porter
  • 211 posts
  • Device: Toro, Flo, Grouper, Manta

Posted Jul 12 '13 @ 1:32 PM

Phones: Galaxy Nexus (Toro) ... my first android device and my daily driver since December 2011 ... I went from Nextel to BB to iOS and I guess I saved the best for last :) ... best decision ever to switch to Android and I'm glad I read a lot about the OS before purchasing the Gnex....almost got a Matrix! haha 

Tablets: Nexus 7 for me and Nexus 10 for my gf (although I use it more than her it seems) ...

I am a bit disappointed with the N7 since the 4.2.2 update but then again it was pretty cheap for what you get in the end ...

The Nexus 10 has been a pleasure since I purchased it... best display I have ever seen on any device period... great performance! I love this tablet

Christopher Coleman #16

Christopher Coleman
  • Management
  • 877 posts
  • Device: Motorola RAZR MAXX & Nexus 7

Posted Jul 13 '13 @ 8:51 PM

Samsung Intercept for about 10 minutes before trading it for an LG Optimus V on Virgin Mobile.

Moved to a Kyocera Rise, again on Virgin, then a few months later switched to Alltel and now I have a RAZR MAXX.  Also a Nexus 7.

<3.  That is all.

Whoops -- forgot one: Logitech Revue.

• Cyber Warrior likes this

Cory Streater #17

Cory Streater
  • 1533 posts

Posted Jul 16 '13 @ 4:08 AM

I agree with Cyber — it was total hype. I played with that phone at CES for 30 minutes, and walked away thinking it as a piece of crap. I shook my head in disbelief at how crazy people became in the forums over it. Then one day I got an idea that I had to have one too and joined the crazy train.

I'm a total sucker for hype.

dmmarck #18

dmmarck
  • 1381 posts

Posted Jul 16 '13 @ 4:47 AM

I agree with Cyber — it was total hype. I played with that phone at CES for 30 minutes, and walked away thinking it as a piece of crap. I shook my head in disbelief at how crazy people became in the forums over it. Then one day I got an idea that I had to have one too and joined the crazy train.

I'm a total sucker for hype.

Moto X all around!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

tacsig513.png

Lee Bo #19

Lee Bo
  • Android Addict
  • 242 posts
  • Device: Currently rocking the Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Posted Jul 16 '13 @ 7:33 PM

Here's my Android career in a nutshell:

Moto Droid, HTC Incredible, Moto Droid X, Samsung Fascinate, HTC Thunderbolt, Samgung Galaxy Nexus, Moto Bionic, Samsung GS3 and Galaxy Note II.  I have three GS4's on my desk right now getting ready to assign to coworkers.  I also have a Nexus 7 and Lenovo Thinkpad tablet.

Now all of these were work phones and I got to expense them all, or I wouldn't have had so many.  But it also put me in a position to be able to manage a fleet of 100 Android phones and tablets using Google Apps for Business.

I will also very frequently post the phrase " LOVE MY JOB!!!" on my G+ account with an image of whatever new toy or gadget I'm preparing.  :-)

Updated by Lee Bo, Jul 16 '13 @ 7:34 PM.

Twitter: @Android_Lee

Cory Streater #20

Cory Streater
  • 1533 posts

Posted Jul 16 '13 @ 7:57 PM

But it also put me in a position to be able to manage a fleet of 100 Android phones and tablets using Google Apps for Business

That sounds interesting. I'd like to hear more about that the next time we hang out.

Treknologist #21

Treknologist
  • 128 posts
  • Device: Nexus 5, Nexus 7, Transformer Pad TF701T

Posted Jul 22 '13 @ 10:25 AM

I joined the green robot a little over 2 years ago when I got the HTC Thuderbolt (I was using an old Windows Mobile smartphone up until then).  Probably not the best way to enter into the Android world but since I got the phone, I learned a lot more about Android and I've been quite happy to see how the OS has evolved and has become #1 in the world.  Definitley love the flexibility of the OS and how Google has continued to improve it.

When Google released Honeycomb, I knew I wanted to get an Android tablet and I entered that part of the Android ecosystem with the Transformer Prime.  Loved the versatility of having tablet that could dock with a keyboard to enhance functionality.  Once the Nexus 7 came out, I just had to get one.  After the Nexus 7, I just knew I had to get a Nexus phone next and here I am today a happy owner of a Nexus 4! 

Go Android!

I choose Android...it's only logical.  VulcanSalute_zps9ab5f775.gif

TreknologistBanner2_zps4447248b.png

Ahowe125 #22

Ahowe125
  • Nerd of everything Tech
  • 260 posts
  • Device: VZW HTC One

Posted Aug 3 '13 @ 11:19 AM

Interesting thread with lots of phones. 

My phone history started with Nextel, moved to a candy bar slider phone for text messaging on Alltel, and then when Verizon bought them out I got an early upgrade. This is where I found myself looking over the OG Droid and the Blackberry Storm 2. A friend had the Storm 1 and hated it, but another friend had the OG Droid and hated it. So it honestly came down to my experience with the demo units, and the winner was BB Storm 2. I was super excited to get a real smart phone. I dove right in and was a super Crack Berry fan and loved it. I flashed early beta editions of the OS and tried custom stuff. What I didn't know was what I was missing in Android. I played around on a friends Droid X, and fell in love. 

So its only natural my first "Android" phone was the Droid X. After using the Storm 2 for the full length of my 13 months (when we could upgrade at the time on VZW) I just had to get my hands on something different. I upgraded my line for the last time (keeping my unlimited data) and got a brand new Droid X. 

Droid X - This phone was amazing. The build quality is awesome, the phone got good signal and the overall I loved this phone. I got into the dev world and started flashing custom ROM's and I was hooked. I still have this phone as a backup and I use it as a USB Webcam on my computer, lol. 

OG Droid Razr - Bought this from a friend because I just "HAD" to have a 4g phone. What a pain in the ass this phone ended up being. I loved the phone, I liked the 4g, but the battery was killing me. I had to have a charger at work, home, and in my car. I was burning a battery in 8-10 hours. I once again got into flashing custom ROM's and it got a little better. 

OG Droid Razr Maxx - That same friend eventually left Verizon and sold me his Razr Maxx. This phone is what the OG Razr should have been. I can easily get through my day on 1 charge, and it does everything I need it to. I have experimented with a few different ROM's and have seen many improvements. From the GB ROM's to the ICS stock and custom and now the 4.1.2 JB ROM. I LOVE this phone, and it will be my daily until something can grab my attention. 

First tablet - 2013 Nexus 7 - What else is there to say, this thing is Amazing. I love the pure Android experience and can't wait to get into the custom ROM's with it. This tablet really makes me want to check out the next Nexus phone to replace my Razr. 

I have not had a bunch of different phones like most, but at my work everyone it seems like everyone has some type of smart phone. So I get to play with all the different ones. HTC One, GS3, GN2, iPhone 4s, 5, and others.  

Updated by Ahowe125, Aug 4 '13 @ 7:13 AM.

| 32GB Verizon HTC One - S-Off, Unlocked and Rooted on NuSenseOne-Kitkat RC-1.4 |
| 16GB Nexus 7 (2013) - Unlocked and Rooted on Stock 4.4.2 |
| Jet Black Pebble Smart Watch (Red Slickwrap) - Official SDK 2.0.2 |

Chris Kerrigan #23

Chris Kerrigan
  • Inconspicuously Inconspicuous
  • 34 posts
  • Device: Droid RAZR HD MAXX

Posted Aug 4 '13 @ 5:40 AM

My phone history dates back far longer than Android's existence. The BlackBerry Storm was my first ever Smartphone, and my God was that the worst purchasing decision I've ever made. The Storm easily takes the cake for the worst device I've ever owned. 

The OG Droid is what popped my Android cherry. Loved that phone to death, and it was a very difficult decision to upgrade from it. Sure, it was a bulky beast, but that's part of what made it awesome. I still have it laying around the apartment somewhere, maybe I'll find it and fire it back up again. 

Samsung Fascinate - Loved it at first, but as time went on I grew increasingly frustrated with it. Lags, freeze-ups, app crashes (I had to dial 911 once after witnessing a bad accident, and the damn dialer kept crashing!). Even CyanogenMod couldn't save my poor Fascinate from the fiery depths of Craigslist.

Droid X - Meh, indifferent on this phone. It was a rooters/hackers dream device, but those hardware buttons slowly began to drive me nuts.

Samsung Galaxy S III - Hate to say this, but thus far this is the best Android phone I've owned. Why do I hate to say that? Because I have a love/hate relationship with Samsung. Not to mention there are numerous things about TouchWiz that annoy me to no end. But ultimately, it's been the most reliable and speedy Android device I've owned.

Razr HD MAXX - My current device, and without a doubt the best thing about the MAXX is that long battery life. It's saved me a few times when I didn't have a charger available, especially in weak coverage areas where the device is having to work extra hard to obtain and/or search for a signal. Been having some random freeze-ups lately, but I should be upgrading to either the Moto X or HTC One soon.

And finally, yes, I do also own an iPhone 5. Not by choice, as my employer issues them to all of us. So be easy on the hate, guys. ;)

Updated by Chris Kerrigan, Aug 4 '13 @ 5:40 AM.

Motorola Droid > Motorola Droid X > Samsung Fascinate > Samsung Galaxy S III > Motorola Droid RAZR HD MAXX

Cyber Warrior #24

Cyber Warrior
  • Robots Will Kill
  • 1500 posts

Posted Aug 4 '13 @ 7:47 AM

@Chris.. What made you go from using a GS3 to a Maxx? Or do you use both.

I'll be curious to see what you go with as I'm looking to upgrade soon as well.. I'm still waiting to see what happens with the Nexus 5, but I'd be surprised if it even came to Verizon. Other than that, it's a toss up between the HTC One, Moto X.. and if it were the Moto X - why not a Droid Ultra/Maxx.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

• Ahowe125 likes this

tacsig513.png

Chris Kerrigan #25

Chris Kerrigan
  • 34 posts

Posted Aug 4 '13 @ 11:25 AM

@Chris.. What made you go from using a GS3 to a Maxx? Or do you use both.

I'll be curious to see what you go with as I'm looking to upgrade soon as well.. I'm still waiting to see what happens with the Nexus 5, but I'd be surprised if it even came to Verizon. Other than that, it's a toss up between the HTC One, Moto X.. and if it were the Moto X - why not a Droid Ultra/Maxx.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

It was a combination of a few things. My unique work schedule pretty much requires me to have something that has better than normal battery life. I thought about just getting an extended battery for the GS3, but it would have screwed with several of my accessories I had at the time, plus I hate the extra bulk (the trade-off with the "extended" batteries that don't add any additional bulk wouldn't have provided enough of a boost in battery life). So I ultimately decided to just sell off my GS3 and the accessories and buy a Maxx. Ended up making a little bit of a profit off of it as well. 

The other big factor was actually radio performance. There are certain locations I am in because of work that are in Verizon's "extended" LTE coverage zone. I had numerous problems with the GS3 falling back onto Verizon's CDMA network in those areas which resulted in some pretty massive battery drain. A co-worker of mine had a similar issue with his GS3. Thus far I haven't had that issue with the Maxx.

Motorola Droid > Motorola Droid X > Samsung Fascinate > Samsung Galaxy S III > Motorola Droid RAZR HD MAXX

Ahowe125 #26

Ahowe125
  • Nerd of everything Tech
  • 260 posts
  • Device: VZW HTC One

Posted Aug 4 '13 @ 11:42 AM

The other big factor was actually radio performance.

Thus far I haven't had that issue with the Maxx.

I would have to agree. A family member had a GS3 and in her house she would not get 4g signal. But then she decided to try the OG Razr Maxx and now she gets good 4g all the time. I think Moto has some really good radio's as my Maxx gets great signal most the time. 

| 32GB Verizon HTC One - S-Off, Unlocked and Rooted on NuSenseOne-Kitkat RC-1.4 |
| 16GB Nexus 7 (2013) - Unlocked and Rooted on Stock 4.4.2 |
| Jet Black Pebble Smart Watch (Red Slickwrap) - Official SDK 2.0.2 |

Chris Kerrigan #27

Chris Kerrigan
  • 34 posts

Posted Aug 4 '13 @ 11:49 AM

Ahowe125 it's been my general experience that Motorola devices have the best radio performance. The only device I have ever owned that has kept up is the iPhone 5. Although I've never owned one, I have HTC devices also have pretty solid radio hardware as well. 
  • Ahowe125 likes this

Christopher Coleman #28

Christopher Coleman
  • Management
  • 877 posts
  • Device: Motorola RAZR MAXX & Nexus 7

Posted Aug 4 '13 @ 12:30 PM

Have you noticed a huge decrease in performance? Does the "low res" screen make your eyes bleed?

I'm being sarcastic if you hadn't guessed. This is a great phone.

Sent from my XT908 using Tapatalk 2

• Chris Kerrigan likes this

Chris Kerrigan #29

Chris Kerrigan
  • 34 posts

Posted Aug 4 '13 @ 2:36 PM

Chris ha! I honestly don't understand what all of the fuss is about the screen on the Razr HD series of phones. I find it quite usable. For me, the Maxx's screen performs far better in extreme sunlight than my GS3. 

faizybaig #30

faizybaig
  • 4 posts

Posted Feb 6 '15 @ 12:54 PM

i am also very interested in android field. now a days i am developing blog about android applications and in the future i have idea to create android app with database and visual basic