Started by Cory Streater ,

• Sign In To Reply:  

Cory Streater #1

Cory Streater
  • Your Wish Is My Command
  • 1533 posts
  • Device: Samsung S6 Edge

Posted Jul 14 '13 @ 7:14 PM

Totally random and off topic question...

Does anyone personally know of a person who tried and got succesful results from alternative methods? (e.g., changes in diet, supplements, etc.)

If so, which alternatives helped them, what type of cancer did/do they have, and did the doctors tell them they were out of options?

Jerrod #2

Jerrod
  • 265 posts
  • Device: Nexus 5, Nexus 7 2012 tablet

Posted Jul 14 '13 @ 7:28 PM

I really don't mind off topic areas or questions, after all we are a community right?

There have always been reports of people having this happen.  It has not happened in my experience, but perhaps life has been extended or pain has been lessened.   My aunt was diagnosed with breast cancer....She let this go for too long because she did not want to believe her self examination.  After 6 years the cancer showed up again in her back. among other treatments  My mother and her sister...both sisters of my aunt took my aunt to a resort in NC that was supposed to help using alternative diets supplements and life styles....it was in the mountains.  They drove down to NC with a group of Amish folks who also were going for treatment and stayed there for 6 weeks.

I can't say it helped ......I can't say it did not.....since my aunt eventually died several months later

What I can say is that I don't think it CAN HURT to try it.

• Cory Streater likes this

Cyber Warrior #3

Cyber Warrior
  • Robots Will Kill
  • 1500 posts
  • Device: GS4 N7

Posted Jul 14 '13 @ 7:39 PM

This isn't a joke.. but cannabis. I was actually discussing this with my mother the other day. Her mother, my grandmother, was diagnosed with a rare cancer that wraps around the outside of the colon and she was basically told that she has less than a year to live. I think, this is all new, that she had her colon removed so far and is now going through the chemo but as awkward as it was to discuss smoking weed in front of my mother, we were thinking trying medical marijuana which supposedly helps big time with the pain and also shrinks tumors/cancer cells.

Here's some info I briefly pulled up: http://www.trueactiv...s-cures-cancer/

tacsig513.png

: : C  H  A  N  N  E  L   Y  O  U  R    M  E  D  I  A : :

Cory Streater #4

Cory Streater
  • 1533 posts

Posted Jul 14 '13 @ 7:53 PM

Thanks, Jerrod. Did they put her on a ton of pain medication? If so, how did they affect her personality?

I read this article on About. The sections titled symptoms of terminal cancer and emotional changes, strike me as particularly interesting. Who the hell wouldn't have those symptoms on 30mg x 3 of morphine served with a mg of Lorazepam with each one? Nobody can eat on that regimine, let alone function. Then they say it's all related to the cancer.

Why do doctors tell someone they have 6 months to live, and then send them home to live like a zombie until they pass?

I really hope I go just like both of my maternal grand dads did. Heart attack in my sleep.

Cory Streater #5

Cory Streater
  • 1533 posts

Posted Jul 14 '13 @ 8:10 PM

This isn't a joke.. but cannabis. I was actually discussing this with my mother the other day. Her mother, my grandmother, was diagnosed with a rare cancer that wraps around the outside of the colon and she was basically told that she has less than a year to live. I think, this is all new, that she had her colon removed so far and is now going through the chemo but as awkward as it was to discuss smoking weed in front of my mother, we were thinking trying medical marijuana which supposedly helps big time with the pain and also shrinks tumors/cancer cells.

Here's some info I briefly pulled up: http://www.trueactiv...s-cures-cancer/

I read a similar article a while back. They say two things in that article that confuse me:

"Patients suffering from end stage Cancer need to eat buds whole"

"Researchers have now found that the compound, called cannabidiol, has the ability to ‘switch off’ the gene responsible for metastasis in an aggressive form of breast cancer. Importantly, this substance does not produce the psychoactive properties of the cannabis plant. A team from the California Pacific Medical Center, in San Francisco"

Option A would make you high as a kite, yeah? I unknowingly ingested a couple of pot brownies once and went into a state of paranoia and anxiety for the next 8 hours.

I'm also unclear as to whether option B is available yet. We have a pot dispensary in our town, and the oil they sell comes with a high, so it must be something else.

Cyber Warrior #6

Cyber Warrior
  • Robots Will Kill
  • 1500 posts
  • Device: GS4 N7

Posted Jul 14 '13 @ 8:16 PM

There's supposedly two types of marijuana... one that makes you mellow and another that makes you hyper.. but yea, I know what you mean.. it's been like 13 yrs but the shit that goes around on the streets these days is laced with who knows what and will give you an anxiety attack. The medical stuff is where its at and can be tweaked, prescribed accordingly.

tacsig513.png

: : C  H  A  N  N  E  L   Y  O  U  R    M  E  D  I  A : :

Christopher Coleman #7

Christopher Coleman
  • Management
  • 877 posts
  • Device: Motorola RAZR MAXX & Nexus 7

Posted Jul 15 '13 @ 1:07 PM

Honestly, it will be VERY rare that anything you buy off the street is "laced," especially once you're an adult and past the phase of kids doing stupid shit to other kids.  It costs a dealer MORE money to lace their dimebags with something and sell them at their normal prices, not to mention they won't have any repeat customers.

Obviously though, if you can get it legally, that's a better option.

On topic though, this isn't really something that can be used as a "cure."  It's more than anything a way to keep someone comfortable, help regain appetite, etc...

Cyber, indica vs sativa.  Indica is more of a couch-lock state...a body high.  Sativa is the giggly, wired kind, sort of like caffeine in a person who is sensitive to it normally.  I would assume that an indica would be better for pain, nausea, etc... and a sativa would be good for someone that needs to get an appetite.  Pros will grow and sell hybrid strains, which again, to ensure you get what you need a medical / legal avenue is best if only so that you know what you're buying.

Disclaimer: ask a doctor.  I'm not an expert.  Just what I think are educated guesses.

C Sab #8

C Sab
  • Your alternative tech/photography guy from the North.
  • 990 posts
  • Device: Nexus 5, Nexus 10, Nikon D3100

Posted Jul 15 '13 @ 4:56 PM

Here's some info I briefly pulled up: http://www.trueactiv...s-cures-cancer/

It's funny how many things that stuff seems to help with.

Malik Suleman #9

Malik Suleman
  • 137 posts

Posted Jan 5 '16 @ 9:57 AM

some fruits and vegitables have the cure of cancer