Welcome To The Moto X Forums
Look no further than The Android Channel as your one stop shop for all Moto X Phone discussion, pre-release news, rumors, opinions, imagery, speculation, etc.
Once the Moto X is released, our passionate group of Android enthusiast volunteers will be here to carry on the discussion and provide world class guides, tutorials, and how-to's.
The conversation starts with you, so come hang out with us as we await the next big thing from Motorola!
- Benchmarking tool, CPU Identifier, reports the Moto X packing a 1.7GHz Dual-Core MSM8960DT Processor — a processor that falls under Qualcomm's recent categorization of the Pro 600 series of processors. Currently, categories are broken out as the Play 200, Plus 400, Pro 600, and Prime 800.
The MSM8960DT supersedes the MSM8960 — a processor that utilized the older generation Adreno 225 GPU seen on devices such as the Galaxy SIII, the Motorola Razr HD, and the HTC One X.
CPU clocking is reported as being 1.7GHz, which is equal to that of the HTC One. The S4 is clocked at 1.9GHz and reports slightly higher benchmarks. That said, there have been numerous complaints of lag on the S4 that doesn't exist on the HTC One — which lends credibility to the fact that software optimization is everything.
- Height: 5.09"
- Width: 2.47"
- Thickness: .41"
- Weight: .29 lbs
- 4.7" 720p AMOLED display
- 1280px x 720px resolution at 316 pixels per inch
- CPU: Moto's X8 Mobile Computing System (Snapdragon S4 + 2 custom ASIC chips)
- Adreno 320 GPU
- 2GB RAM
- 16GB/32GB of internal storage
- 10MP ‘ClearPixel’ camera
- 2MP Front Facing Camera
- Android 4.2.2
- Release Dates:
- Verizon: August 23rd, 2013 (rumored)
- Sprint: N/A
- AT&T: First to launch, but date not confirmed
- T-Mobile: N/A
- Rogers: N/A
- Telus: N/A
- New Moto X Phone picture emerges- being tested for Sprint LTE
- Moto X Phone slated for all major U.S. carriers
- Leak shows Moto X, HTC One coming to Verizon in August
- Moto X shown in leaked Rogers video
- Google's Eric Schmidt spotted using the Moto X
- Moto Magic demo
- Leaked Video Surfaces
- Moto X CPU Test
- Clear Pixel camera explained
About The Android Channel: We are the only Android forum entirely owned and operated by a group of passionate volunteers. We are focused on world class guides, quality content & discussion, and optimal site performance. Our philosophy is that growth stems from the passion of volunteers with no monetary gain. Other sites operate under the premise that growth is a direct result of ad revenue generated by their volunteers.
Updated by Cory Streater, Aug 6 '13 @ 9:44 PM.