Photo

Swapping sim cards

Started by nitroX ,

Best Answer nitroX , Jul 19 '13 @ 6:28 PM

Okay so I met the guy I was buying the Nexus 4 from at a Tmobile store today and everything worked just fine.  We popped my One sim in to the N4 and it was all fine! I guess customer service on the phone misunderstood what I was trying to do or they have no idea what they're talking about.

Go to the full post

• Sign In To Reply:  

nitroX #1

nitroX
  • 33 posts

Posted Jul 18 '13 @ 7:54 PM

I have an HTC One and want to get the N4 and swap sim cards between devices whenever I feel like switching between them. Anyone know if there would be any reason why it wouldn't work? They both use microsim cards.

Cyber Warrior #2

Cyber Warrior
  • Robots Will Kill
  • 1500 posts
  • Device: GS4 N7

Posted Jul 18 '13 @ 7:58 PM

It shouldn't be a problem. What network are you on?

tacsig513.png

: : C  H  A  N  N  E  L   Y  O  U  R    M  E  D  I  A : :

nitroX #3

nitroX
  • 33 posts

Posted Jul 18 '13 @ 8:01 PM

Tmobile. I asked b/c I called Tmobile customer care. And they said while its the same microsim, something about the version in the One won't let it work in the N4 and vice versa.

Cory Streater #4

Cory Streater
  • Your Wish Is My Command
  • 1533 posts
  • Device: Samsung S6 Edge

Posted Jul 18 '13 @ 9:39 PM

The N4 is unlocked so it shouldn't make any difference.
  • Lee Bo likes this

nitroX #5

nitroX
  • 33 posts

Posted Jul 19 '13 @ 6:28 PM   Best Answer

Okay so I met the guy I was buying the Nexus 4 from at a Tmobile store today and everything worked just fine.  We popped my One sim in to the N4 and it was all fine! I guess customer service on the phone misunderstood what I was trying to do or they have no idea what they're talking about.

Cyber Warrior #6

Cyber Warrior
  • Robots Will Kill
  • 1500 posts
  • Device: GS4 N7

Posted Jul 19 '13 @ 7:14 PM

Customer service as well as in store sales reps are clueless.. at least 80% are anyways. I always find myself correcting their mistakes or lack of knowledge.

I remember one time walking into a Verizon corporate store to switch up to a new device and the rep had me waiting for almost a half an hour because the system/computers were down and he was having trouble activating a new SIM card for me. After telling him 3 times that you can just pop out the old devices SIM and put it into the newer device (as long as they're the same size), I finally got frustrated of waiting and told him to give me the phone in which I did it myself... the expression on his face was priceless.. like I just did a magic trick or something lol.

• nitroX likes this

tacsig513.png

: : C  H  A  N  N  E  L   Y  O  U  R    M  E  D  I  A : :