Started by Cyber Warrior ,

• Sign In To Reply:  

Cyber Warrior #1

Cyber Warrior
  • Robots Will Kill
  • 1500 posts
  • Device: GS4 N7

Posted Jul 19 '13 @ 12:05 PM

I'm wondering if anyone has any recommendations for Bluetooth speakers. I'm having a party this Sunday in my backyard and I was thinking instead of downloading a bunch of iTunes music that I would just stream from my computer or phone using Pandora or Google Music.

What's everyone use? Right now I have a Jambox that I won in a contest but I never use it because it's junk, sound is too low and not the greatest, plus it only seems to work from a mobile device, I can't for the life of me get it working with my computer without distortion.

I'm looking for something with decent sound and that's loud and works wirelessly with good range that I can use outdoors for my deck/backyard. I'm also open to any other suggestions. If I can't find anything decent for under $200-250 (cheaper the better :)) I'm just gonna run wires from my living room to the backyard.

Basically I want to play music from my computer or Google TV and listen to it outside about 50'

tacsig513.png

: : C  H  A  N  N  E  L   Y  O  U  R    M  E  D  I  A : :

Ricky Babalu #2

Ricky Babalu
  • Beach Bum
  • 87 posts
  • Device: Samsung Galaxy S3

Posted Jul 19 '13 @ 2:35 PM

Wow, great minds think alike, did you see my post a few hours before yours? :P

076fd490-c574-4ef8-a8ee-6a51c4fa5261_zps

Cyber Warrior #3

Cyber Warrior
  • Robots Will Kill
  • 1500 posts

Posted Jul 19 '13 @ 4:07 PM

yeah I didn't want to hijack your thread lol, I looked at the one you mentioned and ended up buying something else because it was cheaper,the Bose sounded pretty good in the store, but not $300 good.. So I went based on reviews and bought the JBL Flip for $100..and just in case, 100'of speaker wire if I don't like the sound. They didn't have the JBL on demo so I couldn't test it out. The Bose was pretty nice but I didn't want to pay too much as I probably wouldn't be using it that much overall, at least with the JBL Flip I can carry it around the house if I want since it's small. If I was the type of person who sat outside listening to a lot of music, I would have invested in the Bose though.

I let you know how the JBL sounds when I get a chance to test it out.

6330512cv4a.jpg
http://m.bestbuy.com...d=1218731590237

• Ricky Babalu likes this

tacsig513.png

Ricky Babalu #4

Ricky Babalu
  • Beach Bum
  • 87 posts
  • Device: Samsung Galaxy S3

Posted Jul 20 '13 @ 1:17 AM

Looking forward to your review. I went back and bought the Bose, very happy with it!

076fd490-c574-4ef8-a8ee-6a51c4fa5261_zps

Cory Streater #5

Cory Streater
  • Your Wish Is My Command
  • 1533 posts
  • Device: Samsung S6 Edge

Posted Jul 20 '13 @ 3:05 PM

If I can't find anything decent for under $350

This: http://www.sonos.com...ts/play3-bridge

:D

Cyber Warrior #6

Cyber Warrior
  • Robots Will Kill
  • 1500 posts

Posted Jul 20 '13 @ 4:03 PM

Okay, I had a chance to test out the JBL Flip today... overall impression is I would agree with the Best Buy reviews in saying that its the best BT speaker for under $200. The sound is crisp, even when cranked up and the thing is loud without any distortion. Definitely outperformed any other speaker that I tried in the store including the Beats Pill by Dr Dre which is double the price. It was plenty loud to power my whole backyard which is about 60' long.. dont expect any crazy bass though. BT range using my phone was about 50-60' I would say before losing connection, also you need to be in line of site to have both remain paired which is usually true for any BT device.. so dont expect to leave the speaker outside and have it paired to your computer inside, it will not go through walls.

The sound was pretty good and I'm overall pleased with it so I'll be keeping it. Compared to the $300 Bose Soundlink, I'd say its pretty close except for the Soundlink having more bass to it.. if you're looking for a good speaker thats affordable ($100) for maybe your deck, backyard, small room listening, etc... this is the one to get. I'd definitely recommend this.

• Ricky Babalu likes this

tacsig513.png