Amazon Prime streaming

• Sign In To Reply:  

Cory Streater #1

Cory Streater
  • Your Wish Is My Command
  • 1533 posts
  • Device: Samsung S6 Edge

Posted Jul 25 '13 @ 8:01 PM

Unfortunately, Amazon does not offer an Android app for streaming movies/TV shows.

In addition, Amazon's embedded web media player requires Adobe Flash — an Android application that Adobe no longer offers nor supports.

As a workaround, you can install an older copy of Flash (see below), and use it with a browser that supports flash plug-ins. Examples include Firefox, Dolphin, and Boat Browser.

The following procedure takes 5 minutes or less. The screenshots were taken from a Nexus 7:
  • Open Settings > Security > and check the option to allow installation of apps from unknown sources:

enable_unknown.jpg
  • Download & save the attached Adobe Flash apk file to your phone.

Attached File  Adobe Flash Player 11.1.apk   4.49MB   112 downloads
  • Open the file and agree to the option to install applications from unknown sources.
  • Download an Android browser from the Play Store that supports 3rd party plugins — specifically Flash. Chrome is a no-go. My preference is Firefox.
  • Open Firefox and enable plugins in the settings menu.

enable_plugins.jpg
  • Login to Amazon and choose the option to view the full site.

amazon_full.jpg
  • Find and play your movie just as you would if you were on a desktop or laptop.
Issues:
  • The media player controller (e.g., the timeline) isn't finger friendly.

fnl.jpg
  • On my Nexus 7, I noticed a flickering bar would randomly appear above the controllers. The bar persisted until I restarted Firefox.
Both of these issues were/are annoying, but not so much that I'm going to stop using it.

Hopefully Amazon will release an official Android app someday!
  • lpt2569 and j_hookz like this

j_hookz #2

j_hookz
  • 22 posts
  • Device: Galaxy S4

Posted Jul 25 '13 @ 8:25 PM

Awesome, will this work with that chromecast thing?

Cory Streater #3

Cory Streater
  • Your Wish Is My Command
  • 1533 posts
  • Device: Samsung S6 Edge

Posted Jul 25 '13 @ 8:27 PM

Thanks.

Chromecast doesn't plugin to your phone, so no.

j_hookz #4

j_hookz
  • 22 posts
  • Device: Galaxy S4

Posted Jul 28 '13 @ 3:09 PM

Thanks.

Yes I know, I meant can you have the video player play the amazon movie and then stream it to the TV using Chromecast? Or does Chromecast not work with the video player/Chrome browser. What I'm looking to do is find a way to play my amazon movie library on my phone, which your guide tells me to do, but from there can I mirror what's playing on the phone to my TV using Chromecast?

Cyber Warrior #5

Cyber Warrior
  • Robots Will Kill
  • 1500 posts
  • Device: GS4 N7

Posted Jul 28 '13 @ 5:31 PM

Thanks.

Yes I know, I meant can you have the video player play the amazon movie and then stream it to the TV using Chromecast? Or does Chromecast not work with the video player/Chrome browser. What I'm looking to do is find a way to play my amazon movie library on my phone, which your guide tells me to do, but from there can I mirror what's playing on the phone to my TV using Chromecast?

Good question.. I'll be looking to do the same thing.. still waiting on my Chromecast in the mail. As of now I've been using my Google TV Revue box which has the Amazon app for playing back movies from your library. I'm not sure if Chromecast will be able to do the same but I hope it does.

tacsig513.png

: : C  H  A  N  N  E  L   Y  O  U  R    M  E  D  I  A : :

malik1994 #6

malik1994
  • 90 posts

Posted Nov 10 '15 @ 10:35 AM

nice and beautiful sharing