• Sign In To Reply:  

Cyber Warrior #1

Cyber Warrior
  • Robots Will Kill
  • 1500 posts
  • Device: GS4 N7

Posted Jul 26 '13 @ 3:34 PM

Smart Antennas & Moto Magic Glass

New leaked info on Google's upcoming Moto X phone is making its rounds around the internet today as we get closer to the August 1st release date. 

The Moto X will feature Dual LTE MIMO Smart Antennas, which should deliver the best 4G LTE performance (faster data speeds and better reception). Most OEMs support 4G technologies on the same antenna as 2G/3G, but Moto will have 2 antennas dedicated to 4G LTE. There will be 5 antennas inside Moto X: 4G main, 4G diversity, 2G/3G main, GPS, and BT/WiFi.
moto-x-lte.jpg

The Moto X will also feature something called Moto Magic Glass. This is a single sheet of Gorilla Glass which is molded to a special polymer to make a continuous surface that wraps around the entire front and edges of the device. There is zero gap with the back as well as a laminated aluminum structure for a light weight and high strength design.
moto-magic-glass.jpg moto-x-insides.jpg

Info/images courtesy of Taylor Wimberly 

tacsig513.png

: : C  H  A  N  N  E  L   Y  O  U  R    M  E  D  I  A : :

dmmarck #2

dmmarck
  • Ombudsman of Mountain View
  • 1381 posts
  • Device: NEXII

Posted Jul 26 '13 @ 3:54 PM

So, let me get this straight:

• Groundbreaking construction principles
  • Groundbreaking antennas
  • Abysmal internals that catastrophically limits its shelf life

Hmmm...so it's an iPhone 3GS?

tacsig513.png

UNLEASH THE BEAST: General Nexus 5 Hackery

LG NEXUS 5 - Black 16GB, Android 4.4 KitKat, Unlocked, Rooted, franco.Kernel

ASUS NEXUS 7 (2013) - Black 16GB, Android 4.3 Jelly Bean, Unlocked

Cyber Warrior #3

Cyber Warrior
  • Robots Will Kill
  • 1500 posts

Posted Jul 26 '13 @ 10:37 PM

If those radios do what I think they're gonna do, we could be looking at one Moto X that works across all carriers LTE frequencies... meaning Verizon possibly wont be able to get their hands on this thing and slow up the updates if Google sells it through the Play Store. We don't need another repeat of the VZW GNex. :P

tacsig513.png

dmmarck #4

dmmarck
  • Ombudsman of Mountain View
  • 1381 posts
  • Device: NEXII

Posted Jul 27 '13 @ 5:37 AM

If those radios do what I think they're gonna do, we could be looking at one Moto X that works across all carriers LTE frequencies... meaning Verizon possibly wont be able to get their hands on this thing and slow up the updates if Google sells it through the Play Store. We don't need another repeat of the VZW GNex. :P

Pretty sure the Nexus 7 LTE does that, no?  Just sayin'.

Also, LOL @ Google slow-walking that whole no LTE thing.

tacsig513.png

UNLEASH THE BEAST: General Nexus 5 Hackery

LG NEXUS 5 - Black 16GB, Android 4.4 KitKat, Unlocked, Rooted, franco.Kernel

ASUS NEXUS 7 (2013) - Black 16GB, Android 4.3 Jelly Bean, Unlocked

Cyber Warrior #5

Cyber Warrior
  • Robots Will Kill
  • 1500 posts

Posted Jul 27 '13 @ 5:45 AM

Pretty sure the Nexus 7 LTE does that, no?  Just sayin'.

Also, LOL @ Google slow-walking that whole no LTE thing.
Yes, I believe so. That's the first thought that popped into my head when Hugo Barra was speaking about the N7 and LTE.

tacsig513.png

Jerrod #6

Jerrod
  • 265 posts
  • Device: Nexus 5, Nexus 7 2012 tablet

Posted Jul 27 '13 @ 7:03 PM

http://arstechnica.c...arketing-speak/

I've been wondering about the tech specs in the new Droid phones compared to the suggested specs in the MOTOX.  Not sure what to make of this after reading the article in the above link.  If this info is correct will the Motox be running the same processors as the new Droids?

Cyber Warrior #7

Cyber Warrior
  • Robots Will Kill
  • 1500 posts

Posted Jul 27 '13 @ 7:32 PM

http://arstechnica.c...arketing-speak/

I've been wondering about the tech specs in the new Droid phones compared to the suggested specs in the MOTOX.  Not sure what to make of this after reading the article in the above link.  If this info is correct will the Motox be running the same processors as the new Droids?

I think so, the Moto X Roundup has the chip reported as MSM8960DT, the same model chip thats being used in the new Droid phones dubbed the X8.. 4 cores going to the GPU and 2 cores going to the CPU. Its still only 2 cores for the CPU though... which as you read in that article is misleading saying a phone is 6 cores, when 4 cores going to the CPU is a big performance difference over only 2 cores going to the CPU. None the less, I'm still curious to see how the Moto X will perform with this so called octo-core X8 chip, if thats what it is.. we'll find out soon enough.

tacsig513.png

Jerrod #8

Jerrod
  • 265 posts
  • Device: Nexus 5, Nexus 7 2012 tablet

Posted Jul 28 '13 @ 4:24 AM

when 4 cores going to the CPU is a big performance difference over only 2 cores going to the CPU

Agree completely but this may make some sense.  I have an Nvidia graphics card with it's own processor, fan, and 2 Gigs of ram  installed in my PC and the result is blazingly fast screen displays and refreshes on my 27.5 inch flat screen.  This doesn't make the Pc processing a lot faster and there is still wait time for web connections but the end result with these fast screens gives the feel of a pleasing fast device..at least for me.

Since the screen is the item we interact with the most on our phones the cores going to the GPU and the a smaller screen size may make for a great visual experience.

Malik Suleman #9

Malik Suleman
  • 137 posts

Posted Nov 28 '15 @ 1:26 AM

lol.

its LTC and having rocket speed