Started by Cory Streater ,

• Sign In To Reply:  

Cory Streater #1

Cory Streater
  • Your Wish Is My Command
  • 1533 posts
  • Device: Samsung S6 Edge

Posted Aug 1 '13 @ 8:43 PM

YouTube plays perfectly. I haven't signed up for Netflix yet, but when I'm watching a Google Play TV show, it is constantly buffering. Does anyone else use Google Play Movies and/or TV, and if so, are you having issues with it? The TV and the router are right next to one another and I have 1GB up/down internet service.

IMG_20130801_204205.jpg

Kozmo #2

Kozmo
  • Kozmo
  • 2 posts
  • Device: Nexus 4 & 10

Posted Aug 2 '13 @ 2:09 PM

I have Verizon FIOS at home with 25Mb up and down, but I could never get through a YouTube video or Google Play show without terrible buffering. While sitting and waiting for a video to buffer, I would open a new tab and do a speed test and see that I was getting normal speeds, and other sites like Vimeo would play normally. I finally came to the conclusion that Verizon was purposely capping downloads from YouTube (and Play which come from the same servers), so I called them to complain, they said they did not do that, but oddly YouTube started working OK, (not perfect) within 24 hours.

I can't say for sure Verizon was/is doing anything mischievous, but I wouldn't be surprised either. It maybe worth checking your provider.

• Cory Streater likes this

Malik Suleman #3

Malik Suleman
  • 137 posts

Posted Nov 16 '15 @ 10:08 PM

I have Verizon FIOS at home with 25Mb up and down, but I could never get through a YouTube video or Google Play show without terrible buffering. While sitting and waiting for a video to buffer, I would open a new tab and do a speed test and see that I was getting normal speeds, and other sites like Vimeo would play normally. I finally came to the conclusion that Verizon was purposely capping downloads from YouTube (and Play which come from the same servers), so I called them to complain, they said they did not do that, but oddly YouTube started working OK, (not perfect) within 24 hours.

I can't say for sure Verizon was/is doing anything mischievous, but I wouldn't be surprised either. It maybe worth checking your provider.

inbox me sir i want to know something more