Nexus 7 (2013) vs iPad Mini

Started by Treknologist ,

• Sign In To Reply:  

Treknologist #1

Treknologist
  • 128 posts
  • Device: Nexus 5, Nexus 7, Transformer Pad TF701T

Posted Aug 2 '13 @ 7:54 PM

We know Apple will have a new iPad Mini later this year but, in the meantime, there's this video comparing the current iPad Mini to the new N7. There's one clear winner and it isn't the iPad Mini.

I choose Android...it's only logical.  VulcanSalute_zps9ab5f775.gif

TreknologistBanner2_zps4447248b.png

C Sab #2

C Sab
  • Your alternative tech/photography guy from the North.
  • 990 posts
  • Device: Nexus 5, Nexus 10, Nikon D3100

Posted Aug 2 '13 @ 8:25 PM

No shit. The old Nexus 7 destroyed the iPad Mini, and the new Nexus 7 is better than the old one in pretty much every way. The logic is there. :P

• Treknologist likes this

creccaj #3

creccaj
  • Wait, wut?
  • 421 posts
  • Device: Hammerhead | Flo

Posted Aug 3 '13 @ 5:11 AM

I have played with an iPad mini and it has its merits for a small tablet. Mainly simplicity. I am not saying that the Nexus 7 is complicated but the iPad mini could be a good option for someone who has an iPhone and who doesn't want to have to learn a new OS. I made this decision when helping think of a gift for my girlfriend's mother's birthday present. She's not great with technology and has an iPhone. Only reason why I suggested the iPad mini. Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
  • Ahowe125 likes this

tacsig513.png

Nexus 5 - Stock w/ Franco Test 8 | Nexus 7 2013 - PA 3.99 | Mako (Retired) - Purity ROM

Moderator - Accountant - Android Enthusiast

Ahowe125 #4

Ahowe125
  • Nerd of everything Tech
  • 260 posts
  • Device: VZW HTC One

Posted Aug 3 '13 @ 10:15 AM

My household is split 60/40 Apple vs Android. I have my Razr Maxx and I just got my 2013 Nexus 7. She has the iPhone 4s, 4th Gen iPod touch, and iPad Mini. She is not the techy type, and the Apple devices work very well for her. They are simple, they get the job done, and they don't require hours of work customizing them. (but that is just because I like to change things, lol)

I think in terms of raw specs, the Nexus 7 beats out the Mini, but the winner is always in the eye of the beholder. She says her Apple devices are better then mine, and of course I say my Android devices are better. But they both serve us the same experience. I know the debate will rage on forever, but its so much more a matter of opinion then anything.

She got her Mini first, and honestly I used it for a few weeks and it was really nice. Now that I have my Nexus 7 I like it better, but the Mini is very refined and works well.

| 32GB Verizon HTC One - S-Off, Unlocked and Rooted on NuSenseOne-Kitkat RC-1.4 |
| 16GB Nexus 7 (2013) - Unlocked and Rooted on Stock 4.4.2 |
| Jet Black Pebble Smart Watch (Red Slickwrap) - Official SDK 2.0.2 |