Android is Better

Started by Treknologist ,

• Sign In To Reply:  

Treknologist #1

Treknologist
  • 128 posts
  • Device: Nexus 5, Nexus 7, Transformer Pad TF701T

Posted Aug 12 '13 @ 4:05 PM

While reading through my Google+ stream, I bumped into this nifty article (shared by Matias Duarte) by previous iOS user Paul Stamatiou. It's a very nice read and goes to show just how much Android can do and, when people give it the proper chance, they realize just how good it is. Have a read.... http://paulstamatiou...droid-is-better ...and see what you think. :)

Updated by Treknologist, Aug 12 '13 @ 4:07 PM.

I choose Android...it's only logical.  VulcanSalute_zps9ab5f775.gif

TreknologistBanner2_zps4447248b.png

Cyber Warrior #2

Cyber Warrior
  • Robots Will Kill
  • 1500 posts
  • Device: GS4 N7

Posted Aug 12 '13 @ 6:36 PM

Yep, there's endless possibilities with Android yet I think most people don't realize it's actual potential. One of the great things about Android is the ability to customize the phone however you want, yet 90% of the people I run into are pretty much using their devices the way they were straight out of the box.. as if they were iPhones :P

tacsig513.png

: : C  H  A  N  N  E  L   Y  O  U  R    M  E  D  I  A : :

Lee Bo #3

Lee Bo
  • Android Addict
  • 242 posts
  • Device: Currently rocking the Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Posted Aug 13 '13 @ 4:50 AM

It seems like that was written by someone with an open mind about things, not just about phones.  While I don't think one is better than the other, they both have their strengths and weaknesses.  I like the Android platform for the same reason I like Linux;  if there's something you don't like, CHANGE IT!

Twitter: @Android_Lee

creccaj #4

creccaj
  • Wait, wut?
  • 421 posts
  • Device: Hammerhead | Flo

Posted Aug 13 '13 @ 5:13 AM

Yep, there's endless possibilities with Android yet I think most people don't realize it's actual potential. One of the great things about Android is the ability to customize the phone however you want, yet 90% of the people I run into are pretty much using their devices the way they were straight out of the box.. as if they were iPhones :P

It is my belief that most people get the phone out of the box and start using it like an iPhone because more and more people are switching now a days.  If you look back to the original Android adopters then those are the ones who like to customize their devices (even if it's a small amount of customization) compared to those who are coming from an iPhone to Android.  They don't know any better sadly or they just don't care as long as it does the primary function for them -- be a phone.  

tacsig513.png

Nexus 5 - Stock w/ Franco Test 8 | Nexus 7 2013 - PA 3.99 | Mako (Retired) - Purity ROM

Moderator - Accountant - Android Enthusiast

Treknologist #5

Treknologist
  • 128 posts
  • Device: Nexus 5, Nexus 7, Transformer Pad TF701T

Posted Aug 13 '13 @ 5:23 AM

You're right, most people don't realize the potential. The author of the article is an example of that but look how he turned around once he discovered that potential.

I choose Android...it's only logical.  VulcanSalute_zps9ab5f775.gif

TreknologistBanner2_zps4447248b.png

C Sab #6

C Sab
  • Your alternative tech/photography guy from the North.
  • 990 posts
  • Device: Nexus 5, Nexus 10, Nikon D3100

Posted Aug 13 '13 @ 5:55 AM

I especially love when iSheep still try and use the whole "Android ripped off iOS" bullshit when iOS can do maybe 10 things that Android can't while Android can do about 100 things that iOS can't.

Joseph101 #7

Joseph101
  • 1 posts

Posted May 1 '14 @ 12:19 AM

Yes android is somewhat better than ios but even ios has some advantages over android ..so both are good in own ways.. depend upon your perception but android application development is easy.. you can easily customize your phone .. there are many easily available softwares to build an android app.... so that you can take part in mobile application development.

edited: link removed by moderator

Brucey #8

Brucey
  • 16 posts

Posted Oct 7 '15 @ 11:12 PM

Android is always better than iOS.

Magento 2 themes and Magento product widget is the next generation of E-commerce website.

Updated by Brucey, Jan 25 '16 @ 11:07 PM.

tonyadam0706 #9

tonyadam0706
  • 14 posts

Posted Jan 24 '16 @ 11:40 PM

Interface

iOS and Android both use touch interfaces that have a lot in common - swiping, tapping and pinch-and-zoom. Both operating systems boot to a homescreen, which is similar to a computer desktop. While an iOS home screen only contains rows of app icons, Android allows the use of widgets, which display auto-updating information such as weather and email. The iOS user interface features a dock where users can pin their mostfrequently used applications.

A status bar runs across the top on both iOS and Android, offering information such the time, WiFi or cell signal, and battery life; on Android the status bar also shows the number of newly received emails, messages and reminders.

Apps Available on iOS vs. Android

Android gets apps from Google Play, which currently has 600,000 apps available, most of which will run on tablets. However, some Android devices, such as the Kindle Fire, use separate app stores that have a smaller selection of apps available. Many originally iOS-only apps are now available for Android, including Instagram and Pinterest, and Google’s more open app-store means other exclusive apps are also available, including Adobe Flash Player and BitTorrent. Android also offers access to Google-based apps, such as Youtube and Google Docs.

The Apple app store currently offers 700,000 apps, 250,000 of which are available for the iPad. Most developers prefer to develop games for iOS before they develop for Android. Since a recent update, the Youtube app has become unavailable on iOS, but iOS still offers some exclusive apps, including the popular game Infinity Blade and Twitter client Tweetbot.

Stability of Apps and the Operating System

The Crittercism Mobile Experience Report published in March 2014 ranked Android KitKat as more stable than iOS 7.1. Other findings from the report include:

• Android 2.3 Gingerbread has the highest total crash rate, at 1.7%. Other versions of Android — Ice Cream Sandwich, Jelly Bean, and KitKat — have a crash rate of 0.7%.
  • iOs 7.1 has a crash rate of 1.6%., and the rates for iOS 7.0 and iOS 5 are 2.1% and 2.5% respectively.
  • Phone versions of both Android and iOS are more stable than their tablet versions.
  • Crash rates for apps vary by category — games are most likely to crash (4.4% crash rate) and e-commerce apps have the lowest crash rate of 0.4%.
Software upgrades

Although Google does update Android frequently, some users may find that they do not receive the updates on their phone, or even purchase phones with out-of-date software. Phone manufacturers decide whether and when to offer software upgrades. They may not offer an upgrade to the latest version of Android for all the phones and tablets in their product line. Even when an upgrade is offered, it is usually several months after the new version of Android has been released.

This is one area where iOS users have an advantage. iOS upgrades are generally available to all iOS devices. There could be exceptions for devices older than three years, or for certain features like Siri, which was available for iPhone 4S users but not for older versions of iPhone. Apple cites hardware capability as the reason some older devices may not receive all new features in an upgrade.

Updated by tonyadam0706, Jan 24 '16 @ 11:47 PM.

anilpatel88 #10

anilpatel88
  • 8 posts

Posted May 19 '16 @ 9:48 PM

Android is easy, simple and the Best OS.