Photo

Nexus 7 (2013) Owners: Are You Happy With Your Purchase?

Started by Cory Streater ,
Nexus 7 (2013) Poll

Cory Streater #1

Cory Streater
  • Your Wish Is My Command
  • 1533 posts
  • Device: Samsung S6 Edge

Posted Aug 12 '13 @ 7:33 PM

creccaj #2

creccaj
  • Wait, wut?
  • 421 posts
  • Device: Hammerhead | Flo

Posted Aug 13 '13 @ 5:16 AM

I am for sure.  Love the new size, the new feel and of course the screen.  Speakers are a pretty solid upgrade as well.  Only thing that I wish they did a little different was cut down on the forehead and chin of the device but I guess its a good thing when holding it in landscape.  

tacsig513.png

Nexus 5 - Stock w/ Franco Test 8 | Nexus 7 2013 - PA 3.99 | Mako (Retired) - Purity ROM

Moderator - Accountant - Android Enthusiast

Ahowe125 #3

Ahowe125
  • Nerd of everything Tech
  • 260 posts
  • Device: VZW HTC One

Posted Aug 13 '13 @ 10:08 AM

Love it. With no other real tablet experience to compare it to (other then my Fiance's iPad Mini) I guess my opinion is a little bias. It's super fast, does what I want and is well worth the cheap price tag. I'm very happy with my purchase. 

• Cory Streater likes this
| 32GB Verizon HTC One - S-Off, Unlocked and Rooted on NuSenseOne-Kitkat RC-1.4 |
| 16GB Nexus 7 (2013) - Unlocked and Rooted on Stock 4.4.2 |
| Jet Black Pebble Smart Watch (Red Slickwrap) - Official SDK 2.0.2 |

N3xs #4

N3xs
  • Towel Porter
  • 211 posts
  • Device: Toro, Flo, Grouper, Manta

Posted Aug 14 '13 @ 9:50 AM

I love this thing! I have nothing bad to say about it ... actually just one thing, I wish the speakers were as loud as on my Grouper... however, it is nice that their sound is now more crisp and clear

• Cory Streater likes this

Cory Streater #5

Cory Streater
  • Your Wish Is My Command
  • 1533 posts
  • Device: Samsung S6 Edge

Posted Aug 14 '13 @ 10:06 AM

Actually the one time I hate my purchase is when I go to take a screenshot. Otherwise, it gets a big thumbs up.

I wish the speakers were as loud as on my Grouper

I can't remember... did you have the original Nexus 7? I could barely hear that thing unless I was in a dead silent room.

N3xs #6

N3xs
  • Towel Porter
  • 211 posts
  • Device: Toro, Flo, Grouper, Manta

Posted Aug 14 '13 @ 10:50 AM

I can't remember... did you have the original Nexus 7? I could barely hear that thing unless I was in a dead silent room.
Yeah, and I still have it actually... it's hard to get rid of my Grouper now that it works perfectly with 4.3 ..

I can't vouch for all Groupers out there, but mine (stock and locked) was pretty loud... the sound was a bit distorted but it was loud enough for me to listen to music while in the shower... I tried that with Flo and that's when I noticed it was much lower in terms of volume...

I then decided to compare them more thoroughly (I am in no shape or form an audio expert I must add) and my conclusion is that the sound quality is better on Flo than on Grouper; it seems to diffuse better and it sounds more clear and crisp..... however, it is much louder on the Grouper than on Flo when listening to music on Google Play.

Youtube is a different story on the other hand; It is a bit louder and sounds better on Flo than on the Grouper.... weird, I know...

gseth #7

gseth
  • 5 posts
  • Device: Nexus 7, Galaxy S4

Posted Sep 5 '13 @ 1:46 AM

First time a tablet user and the first time bought a Nexus device. Have a Galaxy S4 but the Nexus with the stock Android is amazing. Its Blazing fast and the memory management is great. No hangs ups or slow downs, over 20 apps running in the background and its silky smooth.

• dmmarck likes this

Cyber Warrior #8

Cyber Warrior
  • Robots Will Kill
  • 1500 posts
  • Device: GS4 N7

Posted Sep 5 '13 @ 12:28 PM

First time a tablet user and the first time bought a Nexus device. Have a Galaxy S4 but the Nexus with the stock Android is amazing. Its Blazing fast and the memory management is great. No hangs ups or slow downs, over 20 apps running in the background and its silky smooth.

Awesome. Yeah the N7 is a great tablet, especially for the price. I was playing with both generations of the N7 the other day in Staples and even the older version still looks nice. I'm thinking about maybe selling my N10 and picking up the N7..I love my N10 but the N7 is just so sleek and easier to carry.

tacsig513.png

: : C  H  A  N  N  E  L   Y  O  U  R    M  E  D  I  A : :

dmmarck #9

dmmarck
  • Ombudsman of Mountain View
  • 1381 posts
  • Device: NEXII

Posted Sep 5 '13 @ 5:55 PM

Love dat soft touch.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk 4

tacsig513.png

UNLEASH THE BEAST: General Nexus 5 Hackery