Started by creccaj ,

• Sign In To Reply:  

creccaj #1

creccaj
  • Wait, wut?
  • 421 posts
  • Device: Hammerhead | Flo

Posted Aug 28 '13 @ 7:15 AM

The actual cost to produce a Moto X was released today.  Guesses?  

$100?

$150?

$175?

Nope... It costs Motorola and Google $221 to produce a Moto X.  That is why the cost for on-contract purchases are so high.  In order to recoup the cost, they need to sell a lot of them and at a decent price per each device.  Guess the price of manufacturing in America has it's downsides.  

• dmmarck and Ahowe125 like this

tacsig513.png

Nexus 5 - Stock w/ Franco Test 8 | Nexus 7 2013 - PA 3.99 | Mako (Retired) - Purity ROM

Moderator - Accountant - Android Enthusiast

creccaj #2

creccaj
  • Wait, wut?
  • 421 posts
  • Device: Hammerhead | Flo

Posted Aug 28 '13 @ 11:16 AM

For a reference point for you fine TAC followers... iPhone 5 costs $201 to manufacture and the Galaxy S4 costs $230.  Think about that... its only $9 less to produce a Moto X and it has such inferior components.  I am not bashing the components, but you can't charge the price for it.  Period.  

tacsig513.png

Nexus 5 - Stock w/ Franco Test 8 | Nexus 7 2013 - PA 3.99 | Mako (Retired) - Purity ROM

Moderator - Accountant - Android Enthusiast

Malik Suleman #3

Malik Suleman
  • 137 posts

Posted Nov 28 '15 @ 1:31 AM

did we got any promo for that?

Malik Suleman #4

Malik Suleman
  • 137 posts

Posted Nov 28 '15 @ 1:32 AM

For a reference point for you fine TAC followers... iPhone 5 costs $201 to manufacture and the Galaxy S4 costs $230.  Think about that... its only $9 less to produce a Moto X and it has such inferior components.  I am not bashing the components, but you can't charge the price for it.  Period.  

it should be around 130

Malik Suleman #5

Malik Suleman
  • 137 posts

it should be around 130

Malik Suleman #6

Malik Suleman
  • 137 posts

it should be around 130

Malik Suleman #7

Malik Suleman
  • 137 posts

Posted Nov 28 '15 @ 1:33 AM

price is too much high