Photo

One Max vs iPhone 5S: Better Fingerprint Scanner

Started by C Sab ,

Poll: Better Fingerprint Scanner (2 member(s) have cast votes)

Who do you think will do a better job with a Fingerprint Scanner?

1. HTC (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. Apple (1 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

3. Tie (1 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

Vote Please Login To Vote:

C Sab #1

C Sab
  • Your alternative tech/photography guy from the North.
  • 990 posts
  • Device: Nexus 5, Nexus 10, Nikon D3100

Posted Aug 28 '13 @ 4:10 PM

So we know that 2 upcoming phones are going to have fingerprint scanners. My question is: which do you guys think will have the better one?

Cyber Warrior #2

Cyber Warrior
  • Robots Will Kill
  • 1500 posts
  • Device: GS4 N7

Posted Aug 28 '13 @ 6:55 PM

I'm gonna vote Apple simply because they have more control over their software due to the fact that they only have one device to focus on where less can go wrong. While Android is great for having so many choices/options to choose from, I think one of their downfalls is manufacturers need to constantly build/tweak/optimize their software to work in conjuction with Androids platform. 

I guess the same comparison can be made with.. who had the better voice assistant? Apple with Siri or Samsung with S Voice? 

tacsig513.png

: : C  H  A  N  N  E  L   Y  O  U  R    M  E  D  I  A : :

Christopher Coleman #3

Christopher Coleman
  • Management
  • 877 posts
  • Device: Motorola RAZR MAXX & Nexus 7

Posted Aug 28 '13 @ 8:28 PM

They'll both be equal, and if they aren't, it will either be due to a) poor quality of the reader itself or B) lazy software developers.

Apple's system works because their software will be developed to match the hardware.  Cyber, your concern really only applies if Android first built in framework for fingerprint scanning and then manufacturers modified that code to match the hardware they choose.  This will be an OEM customization from the ground up so it should work just fine if they do their job right.

Jerrod #4

Jerrod
  • 265 posts
  • Device: Nexus 5, Nexus 7 2012 tablet

Posted Aug 29 '13 @ 9:48 AM

Wow didn't know anyone else was trying this except Apple

C Sab #5

C Sab
  • Your alternative tech/photography guy from the North.
  • 990 posts
  • Device: Nexus 5, Nexus 10, Nikon D3100

Posted Aug 29 '13 @ 11:39 AM

Wow didn't know anyone else was trying this except Apple

I didn't either until I did some research on the scanner and saw that the One Max will have it too.

And Cyber, I see where you're coming from but for the time being the One Max will be the only Android phone to have this feature so unless someone else decides afterwards to use it on one of their phones then that issue you bring up (while valid) won't apply.

Personally, I think it will be a tie. There really isn't much that can be done to differentiate the two scanners besides someone's stupidity.

Updated by C Sab, Aug 29 '13 @ 11:40 AM.

Reply to this topic