Started by Lee Bo ,

• Sign In To Reply:  

Lee Bo #1

Lee Bo
  • Android Addict
  • 242 posts
  • Device: Currently rocking the Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Posted Sep 11 '13 @ 4:36 AM

Ok, I'm ready to rom the Note II.  While I have a soft spot for CyanogenMod (had it on my last two phones), a friend came by the house over the weekend and he had AOKP on his Note II (AT&T) and he loves it.  I started reading and from what I can tell, there are some GPS issues with the Verizon Note II.  Can anyone confirm or suggest a rom you've used and like?

Thanks.

Twitter: @Android_Lee

Ahowe125 #2

Ahowe125
  • Nerd of everything Tech
  • 260 posts
  • Device: VZW HTC One

Posted Sep 11 '13 @ 8:29 AM

I have not heard about issues with the Note 2, but the Dev who builds my ROM does have a build for the Note 2. Its based off AOSP and 4.3. I really like it because it is a pure AOSP with a few tweaks here and there. Its also either light or dark themed and on Verizon. 

http://www.elemental...Light-amp-Dark!

Updated by Ahowe125, Sep 11 '13 @ 8:37 AM.

| 32GB Verizon HTC One - S-Off, Unlocked and Rooted on NuSenseOne-Kitkat RC-1.4 |
| 16GB Nexus 7 (2013) - Unlocked and Rooted on Stock 4.4.2 |
| Jet Black Pebble Smart Watch (Red Slickwrap) - Official SDK 2.0.2 |

lpt2569 #3

lpt2569
  • 185 posts
  • Device: GNote2 & N7 Flo

Posted Sep 11 '13 @ 11:17 AM

For Verizon Note 2, I highly recommend JellyBeans ROM (build 21 is the current one), CleanROM, or Liquidsmooth.  I've tried a few AOSP ROMS, and each has compromised the performance of the device in one way or another.  And with AOSP ROMS, you usually lose stock TouchWiz features on the Note like S-Pen and multi-view windows, which are what I love about the Note.  There are workarounds in AOSP ROMS, but none of them are stock features, and in my opinion do not jive well with the way the device was meant to work.   JellyBeans by beanstown has been the best ROM I think I've ever had on any device.  It offers enough customizations to keep me happy, and it allows you to go with an AOSP look and feel to get rid of the hideous (to me) TouchWiz color scheme.  Not a single freeze or random reboot, absolutely zero issues for me with this ROM.

egeva4ud.jpg

Updated by lpt2569, Sep 11 '13 @ 11:20 AM.

• Ahowe125 likes this

Lee Bo #4

Lee Bo
  • Android Addict
  • 242 posts

Posted Sep 13 '13 @ 6:28 AM

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=2032447

JellyBean looks pretty good.  Now for the $1,000,000 question:

Can you move apps from phone to SD card?

Also, I don't see a gapps download.  Is it not needed?

Updated by Lee Bo, Sep 13 '13 @ 6:30 AM.

lpt2569 #5

lpt2569
  • 185 posts
  • Device: GNote2 & N7 Flo

Posted Sep 13 '13 @ 8:06 AM

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=2032447

JellyBean looks pretty good.  Now for the $1,000,000 question:

Can you move apps from phone to SD card?

Also, I don't see a gapps download.  Is it not needed?

During the Aroma Installer process which walks you through all the options you want to use in the ROM, one of the options is SD Card swap, so you can "trick" the device into thinking your external SD Card is the internal memory, and this allows you to store apps, etc. on the external SD card easily.  Fair warning, I have never used the SD Card Swap feature (I don't use that many apps), but I also have not heard too many folks complaining about it not working.

No GAPPS needed, that is typically only with AOSP ROMs I believe.

• Cory Streater likes this

Cory Streater #6

Cory Streater
  • Your Wish Is My Command
  • 1533 posts
  • Device: Samsung S6 Edge

Posted Sep 22 '13 @ 2:16 PM

Ok, I'm ready to rom the Note II.  While I have a soft spot for CyanogenMod (had it on my last two phones), a friend came by the house over the weekend and he had AOKP on his Note II (AT&T) and he loves it.  I started reading and from what I can tell, there are some GPS issues with the Verizon Note II.  Can anyone confirm or suggest a rom you've used and like?

Thanks.

What did you end up flashing?

During the Aroma Installer process which walks you through all the options you want to use in the ROM, one of the options is SD Card swap, so you can "trick" the device into thinking your external SD Card is the internal memory, and this allows you to store apps, etc. on the external SD card easily.  Fair warning, I have never used the SD Card Swap feature (I don't use that many apps), but I also have not heard too many folks complaining about it not working.

That would be so awesome. I have a 64GB external SD card, but it's such a pain to use, because Android makes it almost impossible to do so.

Lee Bo #7

Lee Bo
  • Android Addict
  • 242 posts

Posted Sep 22 '13 @ 5:06 PM

What did you end up flashing?

Nothing yet.  Seems like every time I get some time to myself karma lets me know there's an incomplete honey-do list.

Cory Streater #8

Cory Streater
  • Your Wish Is My Command
  • 1533 posts
  • Device: Samsung S6 Edge

Posted Sep 22 '13 @ 5:40 PM

LOL