Started by Cyber Warrior ,

• Sign In To Reply:  

Cyber Warrior #1

Cyber Warrior
  • Robots Will Kill
  • 1500 posts
  • Device: GS4 N7

Posted Sep 25 '13 @ 6:00 PM

Is it true the Nexus 4 Qi wireless charging orb works with the N7? Anyone have one and tried it?

tacsig513.png

: : C  H  A  N  N  E  L   Y  O  U  R    M  E  D  I  A : :

Cory Streater #2

Cory Streater
  • Your Wish Is My Command
  • 1533 posts
  • Device: Samsung S6 Edge

Posted Sep 28 '13 @ 7:35 AM

Yes, it does work. But but most of the reviews on it have been horrendous. I'm also guessing it doesn't push out as much current as the stock charger, which itself only outputs enough energy to keep the N7 at its current charge level when the screen is turned on. In other words, forget watching movies or any other activity whilst charging wirelessly.

If you're feeling both thrifty and adventurous you could try the Palm Touchstone Charging Dock for 9.99 at Amazon. There's only 15 left though. There's one review where someone said it worked with their Nexus.

If you're cool with the N7 lying flat while charging, check out the Panasonic QE-TM101-K Black Qi Wireless Charger Pad. It gets great reviews and has been confirmed to work with the N7.

Cyber Warrior #3

Cyber Warrior
  • Robots Will Kill
  • 1500 posts
  • Device: GS4 N7

Posted Sep 28 '13 @ 1:56 PM

After some research I decided to buy an aftermarket orb style wireless QI charger. It looks just like the Nexus 4 QI but doesn't say Nexus on it. I didn't want a flat charger and this was the only other option.. not many choices for standing QI chargers. I mainly charge my devices at night while sleeping so the slower charging time is okay with me since I'll be asleep... its also why I want something tilted or standing because I like to be able to see my devices while laying down if I need to take a quick glance.

I found one similar to the Nexus 4 charger for $35.. not too bad. I also plan to charge my Galaxy S4 on it as well with a QI receiver that works with the stock battery door.

tacsig513.png

: : C  H  A  N  N  E  L   Y  O  U  R    M  E  D  I  A : :