• Sign In To Reply:  

Cyber Warrior #1

Cyber Warrior
  • Robots Will Kill
  • 1500 posts
  • Device: GS4 N7

Posted Oct 11 '13 @ 7:57 AM

n5-kitkat-tuttoandroid1.png

Once again, new Nexus 5 (Nexus 4 2013) images have emerged thanks to the folks over at the Italian web blog tuttoandroid.. the images, while terribly grainy and blurred, (Im guessing to protect the sources identity) show off some new features and parts of the UI that have never been seen in any past leaks. Below we recap what the Italian blog has revealed to us.

5 Aesthetics

As previous leaks have already revealed.. we have a circular speaker located in the top center of the device for making calls. The device is reported to be slightly more squared off then previous leaked images and the back is confirmed to have the padded rubberized texture, similar to the back of the Nexus 10.

4-copia.jpg

Lockscreen Android 4.4 KitKat

Changes have been made to the lockscreen as you can see. We have white icons on a transparent notification bar and the presence of shadows at the top and bottom.. similar to Nova or Apex Launcher. 

n5-lockscreen2.jpg

Also new to the lockscreen is the presence of a camera icon located on the bottom right next to the center lock circle that we are already familiar with. Selecting the icon and dragging it to the left launches the camera app. We also see that the camera app can be launched from the lockscreen as in past versions by simply swiping the screen to the left to reveal the lockscreen widgets.

n5-lockscreen31.jpg

Launcher

In the launcher we see the app drawer icon has taken on a new look. The white circle that bordered the icon is now a transparent fill and the horizontal line separating the quick launch icons from the rest of the homescreen has been removed. You'll also notice that there are only two quick launch icons.. the phone which has a new flat look to the icon and the other being the camera app. The navigation bar, as well as the notification bar both have transparent backgrounds with the navigation buttons having a similar appearance to the Moto X. 

n5-lockscreen.jpg

This homescreen in the image is showcasing 6 homescreens but that should be easily changed to how ever many you want within the settings.

App Drawer

The app drawer loses the black background and also takes on a transparent look. The icons are nice and large with a 5x4 grid size which should be the same size as the homescreen layout.

n5-apps.jpg

Android 4.4 KitKat

According to tuttoandroids informant, they have some exclusive information:

Google Now and Google Search

Google Now is much more responsive. Just simply say "Ok Google" within Google Now to make a new search. Google Now is accessible in two ways: the first is the classic swype upward from the navigation bar, the second is through one swype to the left starting with the last homescreen.

Google Search, instead, you can start by saying "Ok Google" directly from the homescreen.

As we see, then, Android 4.4 KitKat should always be in mode "always listening" , just like the Moto X, and the function may be extended to other languages ​​besides English.

Google Hangouts

Google Hangouts has settings that affect the sending and receiving of SMS , but their informant could not test this feature. So there is a high possibility that Google Hangouts with Android 4.4 KitKat allows us to send and receive messages even when you do not have a network connection.

The following is based on the opinions of TuttoAndroid

Display, Color and Bootanimation

The screen is reported to be really bright with vivid colors. Colors of the display are really very beautiful and the display is very bright in general . Also confirmed the new bootanimation, at least for now.. should be the same as that of the devices on board Google Edition (Samsung Galaxy S4 and HTC One).

7enuzygy.jpg

Speed and Smoothness

In addition to being much lighter in weight, it is also much faster than the Nexus 4.

The Snapdragon 800 and 2 GB of RAM give you the best with Android 4.4 KitKat. Despite the build still suffers of some bug, is nevertheless fast and smooth .

Android 4.4 KitKat, in any case, it seems to be a version of Android much lightened, and this definitely helps performance.

Audio

The audio quality is good, the volume is more or less like that of the Nexus 4, maybe slightly higher. The dual speaker seems to give a good feeling, not like HTC One but something similar.

Acknowledged, then, the two stereo speakers that are located on the bottom edge of the smartphone and the very good audio quality.

Unfortunately we could not provide details on battery life as there are too many elements that come into play and that does not give us a good idea of ​​how tough a single charge.

Camera

There seems to be an image stabilization system, which helps a lot when we hand shaking during shooting. I do not know if it is an optical image stabilization (OIS in this case) or digital. The fact is that it works very well. The quality should not differ from that of the Nexus 4 so blatantly.

Source: TuttoAndroid

tacsig513.png

: : C  H  A  N  N  E  L   Y  O  U  R    M  E  D  I  A : :

dmmarck #2

dmmarck
  • Ombudsman of Mountain View
  • 1381 posts
  • Device: NEXII

Posted Oct 11 '13 @ 7:58 AM

I'm most impressed by the always listening feature.  I hope it doesn't kill battery life though...

• lpt2569 likes this

tacsig513.png

UNLEASH THE BEAST: General Nexus 5 Hackery

LG NEXUS 5 - Black 16GB, Android 4.4 KitKat, Unlocked, Rooted, franco.Kernel

ASUS NEXUS 7 (2013) - Black 16GB, Android 4.3 Jelly Bean, Unlocked

Christopher Coleman #3

Christopher Coleman
  • Management
  • 877 posts
  • Device: Motorola RAZR MAXX & Nexus 7

Posted Oct 11 '13 @ 8:01 AM

Looks beautiful.  Hope the G2 gets a nice AOSP ROM out of this when it leaks / releases officially.

Cory Streater #4

Cory Streater
  • Your Wish Is My Command
  • 1533 posts
  • Device: Samsung S6 Edge

Posted Oct 11 '13 @ 8:10 AM

That font makes me want to vomit!

dmmarck #5

dmmarck
  • 1381 posts

Posted Oct 11 '13 @ 8:11 AM

Does it look narrower to you?

tacsig513.png

C Sab #6

C Sab
  • Your alternative tech/photography guy from the North.
  • 990 posts
  • Device: Nexus 5, Nexus 10, Nikon D3100

Posted Oct 11 '13 @ 8:12 AM

I'm not sure how I feel about the transparency but other than that, I like the improvements and changes made.

Sent from my GT-S7560M using Tapatalk 4

Cyber Warrior #7

Cyber Warrior
  • Robots Will Kill
  • 1500 posts
  • Device: GS4 N7

Posted Oct 11 '13 @ 8:15 AM

Font Installer from the Play Store.. Get it.. Now! :P

tacsig513.png

: : C  H  A  N  N  E  L   Y  O  U  R    M  E  D  I  A : :

Treknologist #8

Treknologist
  • 128 posts
  • Device: Nexus 5, Nexus 7, Transformer Pad TF701T

Posted Oct 11 '13 @ 8:57 AM

I'm liking it.  I do hope the transparency can be adjusted, though.  

I choose Android...it's only logical.  VulcanSalute_zps9ab5f775.gif

TreknologistBanner2_zps4447248b.png

Christopher Coleman #9

Christopher Coleman
  • Management
  • 877 posts
  • Device: Motorola RAZR MAXX & Nexus 7

Posted Oct 11 '13 @ 9:03 AM

Some more shots from TuttoAndroid: Tap To Pay, more location settings

n5impost1.jpg
9-copia.jpg
n5impost21.jpg
n5impostboh.jpg

dmmarck #10

dmmarck
  • 1381 posts

Posted Oct 11 '13 @ 11:00 AM

I can dig the different location modes, but I'd reckon that last option would be like using a goddamn sextant.

tacsig513.png

Jerrod #11

Jerrod
  • 265 posts
  • Device: Nexus 5, Nexus 7 2012 tablet

Posted Oct 11 '13 @ 12:14 PM

I reckon the font we are seeing in the pictures may look better in real life, after all the quality in these pictures overall leaves a bit to be desired.  The only thing I can't understand is why Google can't develop some really nice classy standard wall papers.  Not this pink yellow blue carnival style look.  Not a big problem since I download wall papers from other places but...........they could do better with this at the start.