Started by Christopher Coleman ,

• Sign In To Reply:  

Christopher Coleman #1

Christopher Coleman
  • Management
  • 877 posts
  • Device: Motorola RAZR MAXX & Nexus 7

Posted Nov 9 '13 @ 8:29 AM

Does anyone else take advantage of this feature? If your HDTV (and surround receiver) are all connected by HDMI to each other and aren't more than a couple of years old, you should be.

HDMI-CEC allows devices connected by HDMI to control each other.  For example, my TV's remote can now control playback and volume functions on my Blu-ray player without hassle -- it all just worked as soon as I enabled the feature on both devices.

My Chromecast is plugged directly into my TV, which also supports ARC (Audio Return Channel) so the audio gets passed straight through to my Blu-ray player without any extra wires.  After enabling CEC on my TV and surround system, I can start casting from my phone and the TV and Blu-ray player / receiver automatically power on along with switching to the appropriate outputs.  True one-step casting.

Jerrod #2

Jerrod
  • 265 posts
  • Device: Nexus 5, Nexus 7 2012 tablet

Posted Nov 17 '13 @ 10:37 PM

I don't have a Chromecast but I do have this enabled on my system.  Saw the Chromecast when it was released and thought I would buy one in the future, so maybe I need to get it soon  and try it.

Since my receiver controls the sound and everything from the TV and players, would it make sense to plug the chromecast into it instead of the TV?

Christopher Coleman #3

Christopher Coleman
  • Management
  • 877 posts
  • Device: Motorola RAZR MAXX & Nexus 7

Posted Nov 17 '13 @ 10:51 PM

Depends. If you plug it into your TV directly and enable CEC in your TV's settings, you can start casting and your TV will turn on automatically. If your TV and receiver support ARC, your TV will pass audio to the receiver so it's the best of both worlds. If not, the easiest solution is to leave the receiver on all the time...I had to start doing this because the Chromecast has some issue with audio dropouts in this set up that I wasn't aware of when posting originally.

Malik Suleman #4

Malik Suleman
  • 137 posts

Posted Nov 16 '15 @ 10:06 PM

if some body got know also tell me becoz i also want to know