Photo

The Other Guys

Started by C Sab ,

• Sign In To Reply:  

C Sab #1

C Sab
  • Your alternative tech/photography guy from the North.
  • 990 posts
  • Device: Nexus 5, Nexus 10, Nikon D3100

Posted Nov 10 '13 @ 10:51 PM

So, as we all know during this Nexus November we and everyone else that uses an Android phone have been in a constant state of discussion over the newest Nexus device. Well I thought I'd give a shout out to everyone else and for fun, ask you all who your favorite manufacturer is.

For me, you guys would probably assume it's Samsung. You would be wrong. Yes I love Samsung devices despite their flaws but there is one other company whose devices I like even more. Who is it you ask?

Sony. There's something about the design of both the hardware and software of their Xperia devices that tickles my fancy. Plus the whole water resistance thing is always a bonus.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4

• dmmarck likes this

wyndslash #2

wyndslash
  • 225 posts
  • Device: Galaxy Note 2

Posted Nov 10 '13 @ 11:10 PM

I've never actually given it much thought. I've always thought of companies (in general) as greedy profit-mongers. While I like some manufacturers, I can't see myself being completely loyal and purchasing their products blindly.

Cyber Warrior #3

Cyber Warrior
  • Robots Will Kill
  • 1500 posts
  • Device: GS4 N7

Posted Nov 10 '13 @ 11:33 PM

I've owned a lot of Samsung devices but that's not going to be my choice.. Overall, yes they've probably been the most innovative whether it's gimmicky or not.. But I hold a special place in my heart for Motorola. Now that Google has partnered with them I feel good things will come very soon and I hope to be back using them for my next device.

tacsig513.png

: : C  H  A  N  N  E  L   Y  O  U  R    M  E  D  I  A : :

C Sab #4

C Sab
  • 990 posts

Posted Nov 10 '13 @ 11:38 PM

I never liked Motorola much but despite the specs I applaud them for the Moto X.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4

wyndslash #5

wyndslash
  • 225 posts
  • Device: Galaxy Note 2

Posted Nov 11 '13 @ 12:21 AM

I've never had a motorola device, but one of my professors in university really loved them because of their radios.

Ahowe125 #6

Ahowe125
  • Nerd of everything Tech
  • 260 posts
  • Device: VZW HTC One

Posted Nov 11 '13 @ 6:19 AM

Motorola for sure. I love their phones and the quality of the build. I just left my old Razr for this HTC One but I'll always watch what comes out of the Moto camp especially with how well the Moto X is doing.

I started my Android journey on the Droid X, upgraded to the Razr and then the Razr Maxx. They just work when other phones struggle with signal and battery issues.

I still wonder if I should have upgraded to the Droid Maxx this last time around, maybe my next phone will be back on a Moto.

Sent from my Verizon GPE HTC One via Tapatalk

| 32GB Verizon HTC One - S-Off, Unlocked and Rooted on NuSenseOne-Kitkat RC-1.4 |
| 16GB Nexus 7 (2013) - Unlocked and Rooted on Stock 4.4.2 |
| Jet Black Pebble Smart Watch (Red Slickwrap) - Official SDK 2.0.2 |

C Sab #7

C Sab
  • 990 posts

Posted Nov 11 '13 @ 8:19 AM

Interesting answers so far.

Lee Bo #8

Lee Bo
  • Android Addict
  • 242 posts
  • Device: Currently rocking the Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Posted Nov 11 '13 @ 2:48 PM

50-50 between Samsung and Motorola.

Twitter: @Android_Lee

Photopaul65 #9

Photopaul65
  • Be a fan, not a fanboy
  • 60 posts
  • Device: A soon to be retired GNex

Posted Nov 16 '13 @ 5:19 AM

This really doesn't pertain to me, since Satan will be wearing a snowsuit before VZW customers see another Nexus phone, but since you asked...

I'd love to see Sony get the exposure it deserves. World class hardware, and great cameras. They limit themselves terribly by only being available on AT&T and T-Mobile. Not that a Sony Nexus would gain them THAT much more exposure, but it would be nice to see what they could do. 

Motorola would be a close second, but I'm still waiting for that Google partnership to produce the killer flagship that blows everyone away. Look for those rumors/leaks to start sometime before CES.