Started by Christopher Coleman ,

• Sign In To Reply:  

Christopher Coleman #1

Christopher Coleman
  • Management
  • 877 posts
  • Device: Motorola RAZR MAXX & Nexus 7

Posted Dec 8 '13 @ 4:03 PM

The LG V510 has been previously speculated to be a forthcoming "Nexus 8," but there has not been any official confirmation that this tablet even exists. @evleaks reports this evening that the LG V510 is, in fact, an upcoming Nexus tablet. Previous leaks of the V510's service manual reveals the device to be a variant of the LG G Pad 8.3. The G Pad, released back in October, houses an 8.3 inch IPS display at 1920 x 1200 resolution, quad core S600 CPU and 2GB of RAM. The specs certainly aren't poor, but if this is in fact a new Nexus device, I'm surprised that we will not be seeing the latest and greatest, especially considering the specifications of the recently released Nexus 5. It is also possible, however, that Google plans to market two high-value tablets at once, the other being a Nexus 7. Of course, until confirmation comes from somewhere, we do not know anything for sure, but we will keep our eyes out for any news and be sure to pass it along.

Source | @evleaks

• Johnny5 likes this

C Sab #2

C Sab
  • Your alternative tech/photography guy from the North.
  • 990 posts
  • Device: Nexus 5, Nexus 10, Nikon D3100

Posted Dec 8 '13 @ 4:06 PM

This probably just killed any chance of a new Nexus 10.

• Johnny5 likes this

Cyber Warrior #3

Cyber Warrior
  • Robots Will Kill
  • 1500 posts
  • Device: GS4 N7

Posted Dec 8 '13 @ 8:25 PM

The Nexus 10 is a lost soul.. the Dev community wasn't as great as the N7.It always received updates after the N7..and I'm still waiting for the Nexus 10 dock lol. This was one of my deciding factors in selling my N10 for a 2013 Nexus 7..the N7 gets all the love.. So I'm not surprised we are still waiting on a 2013/14 Nexus 10.

N8? Seems kind of pointless with the success of the N7..but I guess Googles looking to compete in all areas.

It's funny because my first tablet I owned was the Galaxy Tab 7" and it was the complete opposite.. the Galaxy Tab 10 got all the attention and the GT7 was forgotten. So my next tablet was the Nexus 10 (skipping past the GT8.9)thinking it would be the more popular device... and now the 7" tabs are more popular. I'm glad I finally caught up and my N7 receives the attention it should :P

tacsig513.png

: : C  H  A  N  N  E  L   Y  O  U  R    M  E  D  I  A : :

C Sab #4

C Sab
  • Your alternative tech/photography guy from the North.
  • 990 posts
  • Device: Nexus 5, Nexus 10, Nikon D3100

Posted Dec 8 '13 @ 8:39 PM

Screw the devs, bring on the Nexus 10. :P

wyndslash #5

wyndslash
  • 225 posts
  • Device: Galaxy Note 2

Posted Dec 8 '13 @ 8:46 PM

Well, this is a strange turn of events. At least I haven't spent my money on anything yet :P