• Sign In To Reply:  

Christopher Coleman #1

Christopher Coleman
  • Management
  • 877 posts
  • Device: Motorola RAZR MAXX & Nexus 7

Posted Dec 12 '13 @ 10:59 AM

0qCMlGi.jpg

Nokia's Normandy is supposedly the Finnish company's entry into the present day Android market, and according to someone close to the project, is "full steam ahead" with a release planned for 2014. If the device does not surface before the impending Microsoft buyout takes place, it is most likely that we will never see the device available for purchase.

Even though Nokia has been in bed with Microsoft for a considerable length of time, rumors, speculation, and leaks have trickled through the cracks and spread across the web like wildfire. The idea of marrying Android with Nokia's hardware is certainly compelling. The Verge reports that the device will be part of Nokia's Asha line of low-end devices and will be running a forked version of Android akin to what we see on Amazon's Kindle Fire lineup.

Are you interested in an Android-powered Nokia device?

Source

C Sab #2

C Sab
  • Your alternative tech/photography guy from the North.
  • 990 posts
  • Device: Nexus 5, Nexus 10, Nikon D3100

Posted Dec 12 '13 @ 3:14 PM

Nope. 

Also, are they sure it isn't Newkia?

Ahowe125 #3

Ahowe125
  • Nerd of everything Tech
  • 260 posts
  • Device: VZW HTC One

Posted Dec 13 '13 @ 8:51 AM

Not really here either. Unless its top spec, flagship type device, its not going to grab my attention. They can keep Windows OS and stay on their side of the fence, lol. 

| 32GB Verizon HTC One - S-Off, Unlocked and Rooted on NuSenseOne-Kitkat RC-1.4 |
| 16GB Nexus 7 (2013) - Unlocked and Rooted on Stock 4.4.2 |
| Jet Black Pebble Smart Watch (Red Slickwrap) - Official SDK 2.0.2 |

Christopher Coleman #4

Christopher Coleman
  • Management
  • 877 posts
  • Device: Motorola RAZR MAXX & Nexus 7

Posted Dec 13 '13 @ 10:48 AM

If it even actually goes for sale, it'll be a low end device. I tend to agree that at this point, I have no interest unless they are planning on going "all in" and giving us a top shelf device with some of that bad-ass Nokia camera magic and loud design.

Jerrod #5

Jerrod
  • 265 posts
  • Device: Nexus 5, Nexus 7 2012 tablet

Posted Dec 13 '13 @ 11:39 AM

I have seen a few Nokia windows phones and even though I can't stand the look of those childish tiles(the screen looks like it belongs on a toddlers toy placed in a play pen) the build/design of the phone is interesting.

C Sab #6

C Sab
  • 990 posts

Posted Dec 13 '13 @ 11:57 AM

If it even actually goes for sale, it'll be a low end device. I tend to agree that at this point, I have no interest unless they are planning on going "all in" and giving us a top shelf device with some of that bad-ass Nokia camera magic and loud design.

They did well with the Lumia 1020 camera but other than that, I haven't been interested in Nokia's work lately.

Ahowe125 #7

Ahowe125
  • Nerd of everything Tech
  • 260 posts
  • Device: VZW HTC One

Posted Dec 13 '13 @ 1:11 PM

They did well with the Lumia 1020 camera but other than that, I haven't been interested in Nokia's work lately.

Agreed, I think if they took the absolute best 4.7-5" 1080p screen and paired it with that 41mp camera from the 1020 along with a GPE/Nexus OS, I would consider it. 

Updated by Ahowe125, Dec 13 '13 @ 1:12 PM.

| 32GB Verizon HTC One - S-Off, Unlocked and Rooted on NuSenseOne-Kitkat RC-1.4 |
| 16GB Nexus 7 (2013) - Unlocked and Rooted on Stock 4.4.2 |
| Jet Black Pebble Smart Watch (Red Slickwrap) - Official SDK 2.0.2 |

C Sab #8

C Sab
  • 990 posts

Posted Dec 13 '13 @ 2:23 PM

Agreed, I think if they took the absolute best 4.7-5" 1080p screen and paired it with that 41mp camera from the 1020 along with a GPE/Nexus OS, I would consider it. 

That would be interesting.