Seeing Androids in Advertizing

Started by Jerrod ,

• Sign In To Reply:  

Jerrod #1

Jerrod
  • 265 posts
  • Device: Nexus 5, Nexus 7 2012 tablet

Posted Dec 23 '13 @ 11:47 AM

Not sure where to put this so Mods if this is not then please move it to the appropriate place.

Have you noticed Androids in media advertisements?   Just recently I have seen at least 2.  One appears on MSNBC on the Morning Joe show.  It is about snoring aids.  The man is snoring loudly and the woman next to him raises up from bed flailing her arms as the announcer speaks about loud annoying snoring.  As the camera moves in the woman reaches to the nightstand to check the time.  She picks up an Android phone with the alarm feature set, because you can see the bolded hour and the lighter minutes. This might be a Nexus phone because you can see off screen buttons at the bottom. Phone may be fake but you can see that it's an adroid.

The next comercial I've seen is for roadside assistance.  A woman is on the side of the road with a fat.  She is holding a Samsung Galaxy making a call.

I don't remember what was going in the third commercial but a Samsung tablet is being used.

Good to see Androids being used rather than the usual iPhone.

Cory Streater #2

Cory Streater
  • Your Wish Is My Command
  • 1533 posts
  • Device: Samsung S6 Edge

Posted Dec 23 '13 @ 2:38 PM

Not sure where to put this so Mods if this is not then please move it to the appropriate place.

You're Jerrod, you can put things where you damn well please ;)

Have you noticed Androids in media advertisements? Just recently I have seen at least 2. One appears on MSNBC on the Morning Joe show. It is about snoring aids. The man is snoring loudly and the woman next to him raises up from bed flailing her arms as the announcer speaks about loud annoying snoring. As the camera moves in the woman reaches to the nightstand to check the time. She picks up an Android phone with the alarm feature set, because you can see the bolded hour and the lighter minutes. This might be a Nexus phone because you can see off screen buttons at the bottom. Phone may be fake but you can see that it's an adroid.

The next comercial I've seen is for roadside assistance. A woman is on the side of the road with a fat. She is holding a Samsung Galaxy making a call.

I don't remember what was going in the third commercial but a Samsung tablet is being used.

Good to see Androids being used rather than the usual iPhone.

I haven't seen any of those, but then again I don't watch TV lol. Maybe I can find them on YouTube.

One thing I have noticed, is that I see at least an equal number of Android phones being held in the hands of those that I pass in the streets and other public places. Sometimes it's a good thing, other times I feel bad that the person chose the device they did.

C Sab #3

C Sab
  • Your alternative tech/photography guy from the North.
  • 990 posts
  • Device: Nexus 5, Nexus 10, Nikon D3100

Posted Dec 23 '13 @ 5:21 PM

I saw a billboard for a home alarm service you can control through an app (we've had them on TV too) and the phone the app was used on was the Galaxy S4.

Jerrod #4

Jerrod
  • 265 posts
  • Device: Nexus 5, Nexus 7 2012 tablet

Posted Jan 4 '14 @ 1:13 AM

Saw another Android in a Weather Channel presentation on Jan 2.  They were showing how fast an egg freezes at -20 below.  They used the clock found on Nexus devices and sat the phone  beside a frying pan then broke an egg into it, while starting the stop watch feature of the clock.

C Sab #5

C Sab
  • Your alternative tech/photography guy from the North.
  • 990 posts
  • Device: Nexus 5, Nexus 10, Nikon D3100

Posted Jan 4 '14 @ 6:52 AM

Nice.

I'm seeing more people use Samsung phones in TV shows now or even an obscure LG phone. I hardly ever see iPhones anymore.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 4

Malik Suleman #6

Malik Suleman
  • 137 posts

Posted Jan 5 '16 @ 9:36 AM

i learned this as you are talking but i want to learn more.