Photo

The University of Maryland offering a free online Android app development course

Started by Christopher Coleman ,

• Sign In To Reply:  

Christopher Coleman #1

Christopher Coleman
  • Management
  • 877 posts
  • Device: Motorola RAZR MAXX & Nexus 7

Posted Dec 27 '13 @ 8:27 AM

The University of Maryland is currently offering, for the low price of free, an 8-week long course on the fundamentals of Android app development and design. The course syllabus is available and shows you everything you'll be learning, and the instructor says that all you'll need as a prerequisite is a little bit of experience in Java. The course consists of 5-10 minute video lectures accompanied by some sort of work to help make sure you understand the material. By the end of the 8 weeks, you will have your own Android app, built from the ground up, which is becoming a more valuable skill set to have every day.

C Sab #2

C Sab
  • Your alternative tech/photography guy from the North.
  • 990 posts
  • Device: Nexus 5, Nexus 10, Nikon D3100

Posted Dec 27 '13 @ 9:08 AM

Considering that these days, something as small as making an app can eventually bloom into a full on business that is indeed a valuable skill set.

tonyadam0706 #3

tonyadam0706
  • 14 posts

Posted Jan 20 '16 @ 1:32 AM

This course is only for student of Maryland University or anyone can register?

It must be require something, you can tell more detail about it. I really interest with this course, however, I am not from University of Maryland.

Thanks!

Cory Streater #4

Cory Streater
  • Your Wish Is My Command
  • 1533 posts
  • Device: Samsung S6 Edge

Posted Jan 23 '16 @ 9:25 PM

This course is only for student of Maryland University or anyone can register?
It must be require something, you can tell more detail about it. I really interest with this course, however, I am not from University of Maryland.
Thanks!

Looks like the course is no longer offered. I removed the link to it since it's broken.

tonyadam0706 #5

tonyadam0706
  • 14 posts

Posted Jan 24 '16 @ 11:26 PM

I forget seeing the date. Sorry.

Any chance the course like this can be opened again in the future?